Denver was interested in Joe Thomas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver was interested in Joe Thomas.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Broncos&amp;src=hash">#Broncos</a> reached out to the Browns about Joe Thomas last month. Should they try trading for Thomas again? <a href="http://t.co/Fx6RChJ2HU">http://t.co/Fx6RChJ2HU</a></p>&mdash; MileHighReport (@MileHighReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/MileHighReport/statuses/393200746146967552">October 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We all thought we could get him when we thought they were having a fire sale. Now we know that they gave up on their #1 pick at running back because they knew they would be better for it next season and still produce this season. Who knew? Just the Browns I guess.

With that being said, they aren't dumping anyone.

Comment

they should do something. jared allen, joe thomas..something. why not? it's now or never.

Comment

Joe Thomas would be entirely too expensive, but what would it take to pry allen away from the vikes? He's an FA next season. We could use him.

Also, I think Cleveland just knew Richardson wasn't much. And really, has his time with the colts proven them wrong?

Comment

I heard the broncos were interested in manning if he became a free agent too.

Comment

Damn, Thomas would be incredible both short and long term. Imagine he and Clady on either side...

It's not gonna happen though, I doubt the Browns have any interest moving him.

Allen is interesting, didn't know he was a FA after this year. He'll probably look to sign for a contender after this year anyway, trying to get him early might make sense, he'd be an enormous upgrade on Ayers/Phillips.

Comment

I don't think Denver has a snow ball's chance in hell at getting Joe Thomas....but Jared Allen is one player on a ****ty team who will be a free agent at the end of the season that could really help Denver down the stretch.

The Vikings are pathetic and haven't reached out to him with a contract extension.

He's going to walk after this season and the Vikings won't get a thatch of ball hairs in return.

Vikings....trade him while you can still get something in return.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                We all thought we could get him when we thought they were having a fire sale. Now we know that they gave up on their #1 pick at running back because they knew they would be better for it next season and still produce this season. Who knew? Just the Browns I guess.

With that being said, they aren't dumping anyone.
                At what point does "give up on" turn into "the player isn't that good?"

With every game that passes with him not producing on a good team, I'm beginning to think Richardson just isn't that good.

Comment

Especially if they could get him for 3rd or 4th rounders. I don't see why the Vikes wouldn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
                    At what point does "give up on" turn into "the player isn't that good?"

With every game that passes with him not producing on a good team, I'm beginning to think Richardson just isn't that good.
                    yeah, he looks like he runs with heavy legs and little vision.

Comment

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 5m
                      Dial up the @fanmorningshow tomorrow. Tell you if there's any substance to these Joe Thomas to Denver rumors. Long story.

Comment

I can't see the Broncos being on the hook for 2 of the best LT's in the game. That's alot of money right there. Manning would have to take a nice pay cut for that to happen and for sure Champ would not just be taking a paycut, he'd be gone next year.

That would be kinda sweet though (Clady, Franklin, Walton, Vasquez, Thomas). That my friends would be a dominant line. But, knowing our luck, 3 of them would be on IR before game 5 next year.

I'd like to see us make a move for Jared Allen this year. But I wouldn't give up anything higher then a 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
                          Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 5m
                          Dial up the @fanmorningshow tomorrow. Tell you if there's any substance to these Joe Thomas to Denver rumors. Long story.
                          Read a few of his other tweets. He says AINT HAPPENING

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
                            Read a few of his other tweets. He says AINT HAPPENING
                            I got the same impression. I'd rather have Allen anyhow though!

Comment

It amuses me that Chris Clark has one bad game after weeks of playing lights out and now we are doomed at LT. Most of our team had a bad game, not just our LT.

Comment

Working...
                              X