Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaze into His Eyes: Game Notes

Gaze into his eyes: Game Notes

1. I believe the Broncos need Champ Bailey to win the Superbowl. I also believe he will be back.

2. Why did the Broncos lose this game? Broncos had 3 TO's inside their own redzone, and 1 TO at the 3-yard line.
    3. Peyton Manning was a little off, completing 59% of his passes (12.5% below his season average), but dialed in late.
    4. I know some love to HATE the Defense (weld on your helmet Big Vick), but they actually played pretty well according to John Fox.
    5. I understand how Manning could have gotten some dust in his eyes (he was crying), but would somebody please ask him why he only targeted Wes Welker twice in the 1st half...for 3 yards?

6. Speaking of the '6-million-dollar-man' (Welker) guess who was wide-open every time Manning heaved it to DT in triple-coverage?
    7. In a world...Chris Kuper dominated the entire game until he started limping in the 4th quarter. Then he lost some mobility, leading to a Manning sack. Heroic performance.
    8. Thank God that Chris Clark does not have to face Robert Mathis every week.
    9. Louis Vasquez only got beat 1 time at RT, but had a crucial False Start on 1st and goal (weird for him).
    10. Von Miller might not be in football shape, but he played 95% of snaps, had plenty of QB hurries, and had 2 TFL's.
    11. Eric Decker had a heckuva game (outside of the pylon incompletion).
    12. DT caught a wobbler for a TD, then drops an easy 2 point conversion. Way too many go-routes (game plan).
    13. Broncos Offense is 1 point ahead of "Greatest Show on Turf" after week 7.
    14. Julius Thomas hauls in a ridiculous fingertip TD, then forgets how to block leading to an INT. Not going to win in the playoffs blocking like that.
    15. Adam Gase put Montee Ball in solitary for the week (nice Special Teams tackle btw).
    16. Nacho shows signs of life with great strip and recovery.
    17. Broncos Defense went back to running the 5-2 Base for about 30% of snaps (due to Von's return).
    18. When playing in a 4-man front (Nickel) the Broncos used several Defensive Tackle combos:

Jumbo: Vickerson (LDT), Knighton (RDT)
    Standard: Vickerson/Knighton (1-tech), Jackson (3-tech)
    Nascar: Wolfe (1-tech), Jackson (3-tech)

19. DL Snap counts -
    Code:
    Von Miller - 95%
    Derek Wolfe - 64% (dropped from 76% yearly average) (about 10 plays at DT)
    Shaun Phillips - 54% (dropped from 69% yearly average)
    Terrance Knighton - 54% (same as yearly average)
    Kevin Vickerson - 51% (same as yearly average)
    Malik Jackson - 49% (same yearly average)
    Robert Ayers - 28% (massive drop, was averaging 48% on the year)
    Sly Williams - 26% (increased from 17% yearly average)
    Mitch Unrein - 12% (decreased from 29% yearly average)
    20. I'm hoping for more "Nascar" and less "Jumbo", but I doubt it.
    21. Does Sly Williams deserve 26% of snaps right now?
    22. Robert Ayers deserves more than 28% of snaps, doesn't he?

23. Broncos still would have won without Ronnie Hillman's fumble (Welker say's "Grow up").
    Attached Files

good stuff thanks

Comment

Good post, Price. Just some thoughts on a few of your observations:

1. Why do you think Champ is the lynchpin to the SB? He may be, IDK, but tell me why you think that.

4. Fox said they played 30 mins of championship defense. I assume he means the 2nd half because there were too many breakdowns in the 1st half. Btw, and FWIIW, I thought they played much better in the 2nd half, particularly in the 4th when we needed stops and TO's to get back in the game, and we got them.

7. Reporters have stated that Kuper has been limping during practice and after the jags game. This has me worried, but if he can play, then let him play.

14. I don't think OJ forgot how to block on the int., I think he forgot how to put in an effort. I could be wrong, but it looked to me that he half-assed it on that one, and if so, I hope he gets called out for it in the film room.

15. I predict Ball comes out of the doghouse this week, and Hillman goes in.

16. Nacho is learning on the job, makes virtual rookie mistakes, but makes up for it with hustle and tenacity.

20. You shouldn't get more Nascar this week because Shanny will run the ball.

21. Sly certainly deserves more snaps if he earns it. Increased snap count for a rookie over the season is a good thing. It means the coaching staff is trusting him more. We should worry if he gets less snaps as the season progresses.

22. Ayers is either still banged up or going thru another "Ayers Slump", or both.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
        Good post, Price. Just some thoughts on a few of your observations:

1. Why do you think Champ is the lynchpin to the SB? He may be, IDK, but tell me why you think that.
        I can answer this one. If Champ is inactive then Tony Carter is active.

Comment

Nice work Price.

I don't think Champ is crucial to a SB run, but I don't think he would be a liability either.

With the way Malik Jackson is playing, I would love to see him get the start at LDE and Wolfe kick inside next to Knighton. Whom I'm glad you have come around on. I cannot wait to have Woodyard back, the few plays Irving was in and flashed, I was somewhat hoping to see he take over for Paris France.

Comment

Good stuff. I hope #1 isn't true, because I don't know if he'll be healthy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
              Nice work Price.

I don't think Champ is crucial to a SB run, but I don't think he would be a liability either.

With the way Malik Jackson is playing, I would love to see him get the start at LDE and Wolfe kick inside next to Knighton. Whom I'm glad you have come around on. I cannot wait to have Woodyard back, the few plays Irving was in and flashed, I was somewhat hoping to see he take over for Paris France.
              Get healthy and rush the passer alot better is biggest key. I would love Champ back but, can he stay healthy now.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
                Get healthy and rush the passer alot better is biggest key. I would love Champ back but, can he stay healthy now.
                The OLine has got to get healthy and stay healthy.

Comment

D forced Indy to punt 9 times

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                    I hope #1 isn't true, because I don't know if he'll be healthy enough.
                    Yup. I don't think we'll see a remotely 100% Champ Bailey this season. And would anybody really be all that surprised if we didn't see him at all the rest of this season?

Comment

Paris Lennon is absolute dog ****.

Re-watched last night - constantly out of position, missing tackles, getting washed out... just terrible.

Come back soon, WW.

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
                        Nice work Price.

With the way Malik Jackson is playing, I would love to see him get the start at LDE
                        THIS. He should have 60-70% of the snaps as he can play anywhere along the line and be a force!

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                          Paris Lennon is absolute dog ****.

Re-watched last night - constantly out of position, missing tackles, getting washed out... just terrible.

Come back soon, WW.
                          Paris France big time liability!

Comment

#7 is interesting. I've read several other places that he really struggled. Our complete inability to run the football against a far below average run defense suggests somebody (and probably more than one somebody) on the OL didn't do their job well.

Comment

Originally posted by stoxman View Post
                              THIS. He should have 60-70% of the snaps as he can play anywhere along the line and be a force!
                              It allows both he and Wolfe to be on the field at the same time, it will certainly increase the pass rush.

Base
                              Ayers/Phillips RDE, Wolfe RDT, Knighton LDT, Jackson LDE
                              Trevethan WLB, Woody MLB, Von SLB

Then in Nickel
                              Phillips, Wolfe, Jackson, Von
                              Trevethan, Woody

Comment

Working...
                              X