Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumervil's ex-agent Marty Magid suspended by NFLPA, penalties for Broncos could be next

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dumervil's ex-agent Marty Magid suspended by NFLPA, penalties for Broncos could be next

    Andrew Mason‏ @MaseDenver
    Elvis Dumervil's former agent, Marty Magid, was fined $25K & suspended 6 mos. by NFLPA for his role in events leading to Dumervil's release.

    Andrew Mason @MaseDenver
    Investigation by NFLPA committee on agent regulation found Magid "contributed to the events that led to the Broncos’ release of Dumervil."

    https://www.nflplayers.com/Articles/...d-Issues-Fine/

  • #2
    So why would the broncos get penalties?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
      So why would the broncos get penalties?
      From the NFLPA release: "CARD’s discipline of Magid does not foreclose action the NFLPA may take against the NFL club for its conduct, which may have violated the Collective Bargaining Agreement and Dumervil’s rights under the CBA"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by crush17 View Post
        From the NFLPA release: "CARD’s discipline of Magid does not foreclose action the NFLPA may take against the NFL club for its conduct, which may have violated the Collective Bargaining Agreement and Dumervil’s rights under the CBA"
        Can't see how it's possible....Denver even appealed to the league to allow the original contract offer to stand as valid.

        Comment


        • #5
          25K? That's a love tap.

          Suspension doesn't count for much either since he doesn't have any other real players.

          Comment


          • #6
            What penalty does the fax machine get?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 2KBack View Post
              Can't see how it's possible....Denver even appealed to the league to allow the original contract offer to stand as valid.

              Exactly, appeal this BS if needed.

              Comment


              • #8
                How the **** did we violate his rights under the CBA? We had an option to terminate his contract. We gave Dumervil an option to rework his contract (which wasn't required). Whether at his fault or his agent's, they failed to get the contract to us in time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I fail to see how the Broncos are liable.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fontaine View Post
                    25K? That's a love tap.

                    Suspension doesn't count for much either since he doesn't have any other real players.
                    He isn't getting any quality clients anytime soon I am sure

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      From what I saw of the deal, the Broncos negotiated in good faith and Dumervil did not. **** him.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I do think the Broncos should send a plastic cheap replica of our Super bowl ring when we win the big one this year. Or maybe just Fax a pic. of the real thing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The part that will suck is, they obviously know that the agent did something to facilitate how this went down (along with Doom I am sure) and the Broncos are the ones that ultimately lost out from it even by appealing.

                          Dirty ass business.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If anything they should hand that 25k and a portion of Dumervil's salary over to the Broncos, plus spot us three or four sacks that we can choose to use at our discretion.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Didn't the Broncos try to change something in the contract last minute?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X