X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox blames the players ?

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...-broncos-first

"They were tough enough, he said, but they need to play smarter."

Is this right ? I rewatched it and until about 8 minutes left in the 4th the play calling was horrible. It reminded me of last year. Predictable, safe and not what we have seen all this season. I will admit there were some dumb plays. I mean for gods sake Vickerson had over 60 yards in penalties himself.

I still fell that the players are not what cost us this game.

Originally posted by Quoydogs View Post
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...-broncos-first

"They were tough enough, he said, but they need to play smarter."

Is this right ? I rewatched it and until about 8 minutes left in the 4th the play calling was horrible. It reminded me of last year. Predictable, safe and not what we have seen all this season. I will admit there were some dumb plays. I mean for gods sake Vickerson had over 60 yards in penalties himself.

I still fell that the players are not what cost us this game.
    I blame the OL and the turnovers, so i guess I'm blaming the players too.

Comment

Kind of agree with you..those 3rd and 1's sucked ba-ls...

Comment

Bad play calling...like 3rd and short and run up the middle like Marty Freakin Schottenheimer days.........

Stupid penalties and porous O-line.........

Bad defense in first half..........they did much better in second half...........

Blame to go around here............

Comment

Its was a generous mix of bad player performance, a roughed up roster, and some questionable staff calls on the field.

and we only lost by 6 playing 17 minutes of decent football. imagine if just get back to be being a second half team?

Comment

I lay some of the blame on Bowlen

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
              Its was a generous mix of bad player performance, a roughed up roster, and some questionable staff calls on the field.

and we only lost by 6 playing 17 minutes of decent football. imagine if just get back to be being a second half team?
              Agreed. Some of the penalties were just idiotic.

Comment

When you lose, especially by a few points, you can point to a lot of things. You can and should do this after every game, but after a loss they all become more scrutinized.

Comment

Played scared

Comment

this one is on brian griese, plain and simple.

Comment

Turnovers and penalties are almost always on the players...

As for the play-calling I guess I have 2 thoughts. First, if I remember correctly Manning audibled to run on at least 1 of the 3rd and 1's, if not both of them. I would have to believe with Peyton Manning as the QB he always as the ability to change a play at the line, so is it coaching or a bad audible or non-audible by the QB, a player. Second, if your team can't pick up a 3rd and 1 running the ball in almost any situatuion then I can hardly blame the coaches. Especially if it's in the 1st quarter when you have no realtive "track record" for that particular game and line match-up.

To me, this game was lost by the players with a little bit of coaching sprinkled in. Denver lost the game more than Indy won it.

Teams lose games more than they win them!!

Comment

Leaving Julius Thomas to block ANYBODY one on one wasn't a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabb View Post
                          Agreed. Some of the penalties were just idiotic.
                          very out of character for one of the least penalized teams in the AFC.

the JAX game, its classic good teams play down to bad ones

The Indy game, the O-line was a mess and that team feeds of PFM, and he got smacked around like Mathis' red headed step kid.

I am saying anomoly, PFM and guys like WW/ Champ won't let this team keep this up... I don't think we will blow out the Redskins, but we will play a much better, well rounded and low mistake game ot get the flow back and send them home by 10-14 points.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
                            Leaving Julius Thomas to block ANYBODY one on one wasn't a good idea.
                            Its hard to believe he is that terrible at blocking, and he isn't a rookie either, so you have to think the staff has had him working on it. I don't expect him to lockdown on Mathis, Ware or other great pass rusher, but at least try and slow them down... a little...

Comment

Outside of not challenging the decker td, i was fine with the coaching.

Turnovers are on the players.
                              Penalties...same.
                              Play calling...manning has final say.

Comment

Working...
                              X