Opinions on Broncos Last Two Drafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Broncos Last Two Drafts

Here are the players the Broncos have taken over the last two years. Who has impressed you? Who has disappointed you? And what is your opinion of the front offices last two drafts over all?

2013:

1. (28th) DT Sylvester Williams
    2. (58th) RB Montee Ball
    3. (90th) CB Kayvon Webster
    5*. (146th) DE Quanterus Smith
    5. (161st) WR Tavarres King
    6*. (173rd) OT Vinston Painter
    7. (234th) QB Zac Dysert

2012:

2. Derek Wolfe - DT
    2. Brock Osweiler - QB
    3. Ronnie Hillman - RB
    4. Omar Bolden - CB
    5. Malik Jackson - DE
    6. Danny Trevathan - LB

Ask me in 3 years.

Comment

Looks Meh but need to give it a couple years. So far just Webster and trevathan stand out. Maybe Jackson.

Comment

Derek Wolfe
        Malik Jackson
        Danny Trevathan

All starters or starter caliber in their 2nd year. I'd say getting 3 starters out of any draft is a good draft.

Comment

Don't ask me in three years.

Comment

Still way too early to judge the 2013 draft...Even on guys like Webster who look good. Might be too early for 2012 still too....though we do have 2 starters and 2 in heavy rotation from that draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy View Post
              Ask me in 3 years.

I know it's impossible to predict the future (unless youre Med) - but there haven't been any players that were pleasant surprises to you? Or any that you thought would be great out of the gate but haven't been so far?

Comment

Trevathan has been the impact kind of guy, then Wolfe has been steady but unspectacular. Malik Jackson has been a good depth guy. Kayvon Webster is looking pretty good for a rookie but maybe Champ can teach him a few things about tackling.

Hillman is pretty meh. Montee has some work to do, didn't impress much so far. Sylvester Williams, too early to tell, but ideally I wanted to see him take over one of the starting positions.

Bolden is a special teamer, that's about it. Osweiler looks adequate but it's hard to tell until he actually starts a game. Quanterus, Painter, they're probably depth guys.

Overall, not much to get excited about.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
                  2012:

2. Derek Wolfe - DT
                  2. Brock Osweiler - QB
                  3. Ronnie Hillman - RB
                  4. Omar Bolden - CB
                  5. Malik Jackson - DE
                  6. Danny Trevathan - LB
                  Wolfe has been a mild disappointment this season.
                  No way to judge Twilight at this point.
                  Hillman will never amount to much.
                  Bolden will probably amount to even less.
                  Jackson has shown some flashes.
                  Trevathan saves this draft from being mostly a bust.

Comment

If BO-Brock turns out to be a starter...we win at both drafts.

Comment

Here are the players the Broncos have taken over the last two years. Who has impressed you? Who has disappointed you? And what is your opinion of the front offices last two drafts over all?

2013:

1. (28th) DT Sylvester Williams
                      2. (58th) RB Montee Ball
                      3. (90th) CB Kayvon Webster
                      5*. (146th) DE Quanterus Smith
                      5. (161st) WR Tavarres King
                      6*. (173rd) OT Vinston Painter
                      7. (234th) QB Zac Dysert

2012:

2. Derek Wolfe - DT
                      2. Brock Osweiler - QB
                      3. Ronnie Hillman - RB
                      4. Omar Bolden - CB
                      5. Malik Jackson - DE
                      6. Danny Trevathan - LB
                      To early for '13 but for '12:

2. Derek Wolfe - solid player. Not the penetrator he was drafted for but a decent starter. Nothing special and I would say his ceiling is pretty limited.

2. Brock Osweiler - We'll see.

3. Ronnie Hillman - I really don't like this pick. He's still not trusted completely in pass protection and now he's fumbled the ball twice, in just a few dozen carries.

4. Omar Bolden - Just hasn't developed. Strictly a special teams player and gets picked on when on the field as a CB.

5. Malik Jackson - This guy makes this draft in my opinion. He's fast turning into a serious pass rusher from the inside and could be a real force once he really gets more experience and starts playing all four quarters. He's already played beyond his draft status.

6. Danny Trevathan - Homerun, this kid can play and he's only going to get better.

Plus Duke Ihenacho/Aaron Brewer as undrafted gems makes this a really, really solid draft even without Brock.
                      Last edited by fontaine; 10-25-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Mortgaging of value in trade ups was horrendous, but I think we have some good contributors.

Comment

It seems trade up draft picks are never home runs and often sink. McDaniels had some sinkers and Elway's (Hillman, Bowlden) are not great.

Comment

I know it's impossible to predict the future (unless youre Med) - but there haven't been any players that were pleasant surprises to you? Or any that you thought would be great out of the gate but haven't been so far?
                            I learned many years ago not to get too up or down on any player after their first year. It's called the Mike Croel lesson.

Comment

It's nice to luck out on some later picks and UDFAs, but it would have been nicer if those top two picks were higher impact. Still too early to know, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X