Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tavarres King claimed...

...by Panthers

@AdamSchefter: Wide receiver Taverras King, whom Denver released Saturday, was claimed on waivers by the Carolina Panthers.

Wait, what?

Didn't they sign him to the 53 to keep him away from Green Bay?

Comment

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/4LFqWIKayIE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/4LFqWIKayIE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

Waived him to add Von to the roster

Comment

I'm sure that the Broncos were hoping to put him back on the practice squad. I know WR isn't an immediate need. I'm just wondering if there was a backup that they could have cut, to make room for Von...

Comment

you can exit the ride now tavaras. Notice there wasn't a return ticket

Comment

wish we would have let GB have him, now he is destined to fail

Comment

It sucks to lose a 5th rounder the year he got drafted but Gerell impressed me more in camp and preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
                  wish we would have let GB have him, now he is destined to fail
                  GB probably would have cut him when Randall Cobb came back. maybe now he has a better chance to stick?

Should have traded him for DeAngelo Williams

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                    GB probably would have cut him when Randall Cobb came back. maybe now he has a better chance to stick?

I am sure they would have jumped at the chance to trade their starting RB for a guy we had on the scout team.

DAMNIT ELWAYZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

Comment

My source says it was a done deal...

Comment

I was joking about that, but not about this-

"He'll bring up the rear of Carolina's receiver corps, but has an excellent shot at remaining on the active roster through the end of the regular season. The Panthers are woefully thin at wideout"

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

Looks like it may have all worked out for the best for him. I'm going with the Broncos knew it all along and didn't jerk him around!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                          It sucks to lose a 5th rounder the year he got drafted but Gerell impressed me more in camp and preseason.
                          As a wide receiver Gerrell I feel offers very little. He is slow and unimpressive. I did read Denver might project him as a TE next year. If he puts on some weight this might be a good career move for him.

Comment

I was joking about that, but not about this-

"He'll bring up the rear of Carolina's receiver corps, but has an excellent shot at remaining on the active roster through the end of the regular season. The Panthers are woefully thin at wideout"

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

Looks like it may have all worked out for the best for him. I'm going with the Broncos knew it all along and didn't jerk him around!
                            Carolina does need WRs. Looks like a good fit for him, bet of luck King we hardly got to know ya!

Comment

Working...
                            X