Some positives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some positives!

Eric Decker and Wes Welker are beasts. Welker showed up late (Long shower), but he was one of the reasons we were still in the game. Clutch!

Our defense wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. They just need to figure out how to generate pass rush. I could throw for 228 yards if I have all day to throw. Luck also did a good job at evading the rush we did have.

What did you guys like about this sloppy game?

I liked how they didn't give up, and had a legitimate chance of winning despite all of their mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by Ratboy View Post
      Eric Decker and Wes Welker are beasts. Welker showed up late (Long shower), but he was one of the reasons we were still in the game. Clutch!

Our defense wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. They just need to figure out how to generate pass rush. I could throw for 228 yards if I have all day to throw. Luck also did a good job at evading the rush we did have.

How do you figure Decker showed up late? He was the entire first TD drive.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
        How do you figure Decker showed up late? He was the entire first TD drive.
        Read.

Comment

Read.
          My bad. That one Welker catch was one of the most amazing catches I've ever seen. The reaction time he had in order to see it was almost nothing, and then to reach back and catch it like that, it was amazing.

And he probably would have had a few more early if that loser wasn't pulling on his jersey and tackling him before the ball got there. You always hear commentators saying the guy can have his hand on the back but he can't wrap it around the defender. That one play where Welker is diving for the catch, the guy had tugged on his jersey first, then got on his back and wrapped his right arm all the way around Welkers waist. And the ref was standing right there. Unreal.
          Last edited by ZONA; 10-21-2013, 12:22 AM.

Comment

The biggest issue I can see is ball security. we need to be able to hold onto the damn ball.

not to be a hater. but at what point does trindon holiday get a boot in the head

Positives is we get the best from each team every week.. their superbowl. playing playoff football during the regular season may settle the team come playoffs. trial by fire. as long as we are playing out of our minds come playoffs it doesn't matter.

Comment

Kayvon Webster...

Comment

Why didn't we throw to Welker in the 1st half?

Decker looks for flags too much. Just play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by bpc View Post
                  Why didn't we throw to Welker in the 1st half?

Decker looks for flags too much. Just play the game.
                  I agree.

He could've caught one of those passes (maybe even the other) had he continued the plays.

Comment

I didn't think the Defense was all that bad, considering for a string there we went 3 and out on our on 8 yards line and gave the Colts the ball at the 50... I really awful Defense might have give up over 50+ given the position their were in.

I also like how we didn't just pack it in late, we stuck in there and fought it out tot he bitter end, even though we continued to shoot ourselves in the foot over and over and over again.

We can literally play 20 minutes of football and be in the position win games against AFC playoff teams... if we ever put together 60 minutes of football there is no reason we cannot win against any team in the league, any fiven day.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                      My bad. That one Welker catch was one of the most amazing catches I've ever seen. The reaction time he had in order to see it was almost nothing, and then to reach back and catch it like that, it was amazing.

And he probably would have had a few more early if that loser wasn't pulling on his jersey and tackling him before the ball got there. You always hear commentators saying the guy can have his hand on the back but he can't wrap it around the defender. That one play where Welker is diving for the catch, the guy had tugged on his jersey first, then got on his back and wrapped his right arm all the way around Welkers waist. And the ref was standing right there. Unreal.
                      Yes. That catch was insane...

Comment

The Offense gave the Colts great field position in the first half with the 3 and outs. Indy was getting the ball almost at midfield for a lot of their drives. Colquitt was probably in the ice tub after that game.

Comment

Positives from this game? Is that like a positive aids test?

Comment

We were a drive away from taking the lead despite EVERY call and bounce go the Colts way. (other than the safety, but that would have been better to have been a TD at that point)

Comment

In Deck, Wes, Juice, and even DT's defense, They were beating their men even when they were getting held all game long, but Peyton was giving them the ball until the end. He fell in love with KM for some odd reason. I don't understand why you wouldn't trust them especially Wes who made a living off of killing nickel backs.

Comment

Working...
                              X