Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna see what CJ Anderson can do back there. What we got to lose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna see what CJ Anderson can do back there. What we got to lose?

Kid never really got a real opportunity at Cal. What did he average there, 6 yards a carry for his career? With Knowshon, sadly, being our primary back, and after witnessing what brothers darkness Montee and Ronnie Hillman bring to the table - one fumbles, the other can't even average a respectable GPA per rush, it is time for some fresh meat.

Considering he is the last option that we have, the question must be asked - why not? Let him split carries with Knowshon. CJ is our biggest back at 5'8 224 pounds and one of his 40 times at the combine was 4.53 which make him our second fastest back as well. He look good at Cal, looked good during the preseason, time to look good during the regular season.

What we got to lose? NOTHING. There seriously is no other option.

Originally posted by bronco0608 View Post
    Kid never really got a real opportunity at Cal. What did he average there, 6 yards a carry for his career? With Knowshon, sadly, being our primary back, and after witnessing what brothers darkness Montee and Ronnie Hillman bring to the table - one fumbles, the other can't even average a respectable GPA per rush, it is time for some fresh meat.

Considering he is the last option that we have, the question must be asked - why not? Let him split carries with Knowshon. CJ is our biggest back at 5'8 224 pounds and one of his 40 times at the combine was 4.53 which make him our second fastest back as well. He look good at Cal, looked good during the preseason, time to look good during the regular season.

I think quite a few people agree with you. Many of us have been calling for him to get a chance for 3 weeks. Really though, yeah, there's nothing to lose. Hillman doesn't pass block so you're not losing that. He has some nice spurts here and there but his fumbles are a HUGE liability. CJ is a very shifty guy with good power and fantastic vision. I honestly think once he gets his shot, it will be hard to get him off the field. KM will still start no doubt, but this kid has got to be given a chance.

Comment

I'm down. As long as Hillman is nowhere near the football going forward.

Comment

what is up with our ball security overall. We keep saying it will get better. Im down to see the kid get a chance.

Comment

I'm a little confused as to why we run our 165lb RB between the tackles. Maybe a screen or two for him a game. He did look like he was coming on a few weeks ago.

Comment

Yes, please!

Comment

I'd like to know which coach had Hillman on the field in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                me as well....No one was getting much push up the middle....but Moreno has 4 Goalline TD's over the last 2 games. If I'm not mistaken....Hillman has fumbled his only 2 goalline carries (preseason and last night)

Comment

one back that can get ONE yard is what we need. I think ball's the guy but we've gotta get him touches. Hillman's shown us what he is already.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                    Was Moreno in on the plays before? I'm thinking Moreno took himself off the field and the next RB up is hillman. Ridiculous play call though. Not sure if that was manning or Gase. Your passing all over them that drive and one run play ruins it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                      Was Moreno in on the plays before? I'm thinking Moreno took himself off the field and the next RB up is hillman. Ridiculous play call though. Not sure if that was manning or Gase. Your passing all over them that drive and one run play ruins it.
                      If they're going to continue to waste time with Hillman they should have a standing rule: Hillman only allowed on the field between the forties.

Comment

If Hillman can pull a Moreno next year and take the "leap" ill be happy for it. But this year may not be his time with his fumbleitis

Comment

Originally posted by bronco0608 View Post

I agree, Hillman needs to go on the inactive list.

For Hillman. "Its over Johnny."

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
                            one back that can get ONE yard is what we need. I think ball's the guy but we've gotta get him touches. Hillman's shown us what he is already.
                            Ball has been a disappointment from where he was drafted to not being NFL ready. He had the opps to take the job away from Moreno but failed. Back needs to be able to block, catch a pass, run with authority and not fumble.
                            He hasn't proved to be that every down back just yet. If Moreno goes down, we are in trouble.

Comment

As for Hillman being in the game, i would have to re-watch it but was he in on that whole drive and we were running hurry up, not subbing. I suspect that to be the case and Manning went with the run audible. Manning should have accounted for who was in the game when running that play. I think what makes it so bad was the EASE with which he fumbled. At least with the Holliday fumble the guy made a great play and ripped it out.

Dungy said as much post game that it was probably Mannings call for the run and he didn't agree with it consisdering the circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                              X