Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's be real: With the way the D is currently playing, we can't win it all.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Let's be real: With the way the D is currently playing, we can't win it all.

    It is what it is. When the playoffs roll around, and teams start holding and grabbing our WRs without repercussion ("playoff football"), therefore throwing ol' Peyton off which subsequently leads to at least two turnovers, easy scores for the other team, etc. I mean we are still going to throw down 30 on any team we face come January, but its going to be an ugly 30. And with the way our D is playing, that ain't going to be enough.

    Del Rio plays it recklessly, err, aggressively so you know against good teams, we are giving up some up big plays come 2014.

    There is a reason Peyton has like 7 one and dones in the playoffs. Playoff football is almost prison rules. We ain't built for that. And then you factor in the weather? What?

    Our D needs to boss up or we might as well just enjoy the ride of not sucking, and cross our fingers that we get all the right breaks to take this thing to the house.
    Last edited by bronco0608; 10-20-2013, 10:47 PM.

  • #2
    Yeah, we need to shore up the turnovers and defense otherwise it won't be pretty in the playoffs.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bronco0608 View Post
      It is what it is. When the playoffs roll around, and teams start holding and grabbing our WRs without repercussion ("playoff football"), therefore throwing ol' Peyton off which subsequently leads to at least two turnovers, easy scores for the other team, etc. I mean we are still going to throw down 30 on any team we face come January, but its going to be an ugly 30. And with the way or D is playing, that ain't going to be enough.

      Del Rio plays it recklessly, err, aggressively so you know against good teams, we are giving up some up big plays come 2014.

      There is a reason Peyton has like 7 one and dones in the playoffs. Playoff football is almost prison rules. We ain't built for that. And then you factor in the weather? What?


      Our D needs to boss up or we might as well just enjoy the ride of not sucking, and cross our fingers that we get all the right breaks to take this thing to the house.
      TRuth BOMB!

      truth is almost too truthful!

      enjoy the season, but it is not going to be like last year when we should have won it all.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bronco0608 View Post
        It is what it is. When the playoffs roll around, and teams start holding and grabbing our WRs without repercussion ("playoff football"), therefore throwing ol' Peyton off which subsequently leads to at least two turnovers, easy scores for the other team, etc. I mean we are still going to throw down 30 on any team we face come January, but its going to be an ugly 30. And with the way or D is playing, that ain't going to be enough.

        Del Rio plays it recklessly, err, aggressively so you know against good teams, we are giving up some up big plays come 2014.

        There is a reason Peyton has like 7 one and dones in the playoffs. Playoff football is almost prison rules. We ain't built for that. And then you factor in the weather? What?

        Our D needs to boss up or we might as well just enjoy the ride of not sucking, and cross our fingers that we get all the right breaks to take this thing to the house.
        no one knows what the future in the playoffs hold. They year Indy won the SB they had the worst rush defense in the NFL.

        Comment


        • #5
          Good thing its only week 7?

          After the broncos kicked the **** out of the ravens last year in week 15 or whatever, would you say that was a super bowl team?

          Comment


          • #6
            Good god...


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
              Good thing its only week 7?

              After the broncos kicked the **** out of the ravens last year in week 15 or whatever, would you say that was a super bowl team?
              Woosh

              Comment


              • #8
                I actually thought the defense played all right tonight. Special Teams/Offense basically spotted them 12-19 points. Lot of stupid penalties though. Held luck to 228 yards

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rolandftw View Post
                  I actually thought the defense played all right tonight. Special Teams/Offense basically spotted them 12-19 points. Lot of stupid penalties though. Held luck to 228 yards

                  You are not allowed to be rational.

                  We is howwibull!


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hopefully the team peaks around playoff time. That's all that really matters. How the D plays in january is the important part, and they have a long time until then

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Let's be real.

                      If the 2 smallest boys on this team do not fumble the football, we win this game.

                      Just like every team, we have things to work on. We all knew this.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                        Good thing its only week 7?

                        After the broncos kicked the **** out of the ravens last year in week 15 or whatever, would you say that was a super bowl team?
                        I don't know much, but I do know the D is a sieve man. I'm not saying you can't win a Super Bowl with a sieve a of a D, and a pass happy offense that can't run on nickel defenses consistently.

                        I'm not saying that.

                        But what I am saying is that is gonna be hella tough to hold the Lombardi without Peyton going absolutely bananas in the playoffs. And he very well could do that. He is a boss. But that is a lot to put on one man.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rolandftw View Post
                          I actually thought the defense played all right tonight. Special Teams/Offense basically spotted them 12-19 points. Lot of stupid penalties though. Held luck to 228 yards
                          That's what I thought. Defense had a couple of breakdowns for sure, but I thought they played well enough to win in the 2nd half. The offense just waited way too long to help them out.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Here's one thing that pissed me off tonight besides the fumbles: Decker has to start looking for the ball and stop looking for the flag. I hate that ****!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bronco0608 View Post
                              I don't know much, but I do know the D is a sieve man. I'm not saying you can't win a Super Bowl with a sieve a of a D, and a pass happy offense that can't run on nickel defenses consistently.

                              I'm not saying that.

                              But what I am saying is that is gonna be hella tough to hold the Lombardi without Peyton going absolutely bananas in the playoffs. And he very well could do that. He is a boss. But that is a lot to put on one man.
                              The D was not 39 points bad tongiht. Price brought up some great points in the other thread when you look at what actually happened tonight. This one was more on the offense and ST.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X