We may have seen the last of Champ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We may have seen the last of Champ

Looked like he hurt the same foot. I can't imagine he will come back if it is the lisfranc again. You could see it in his face when he got hurt.

No way we pay him what he is due next year after this.

It is sad to think one of our greatest players ever could be done for good with this team.

it is time to close the book, champ needs to retire.

he doesn't have "it" anymore

bye bye bailey

Comment

Yeah, he's probably done.

Comment

Getting old Sucks. It was a great ride but yeah I agree it is over

Comment

Loved the guy. It is crazy how fast these guy's careers can end.

Maybe he can bounce back but very doubtful.

Comment

Don't want it to end like this.

On the bright side, Webster is a boss.

I say we pay DRC and Harris with Champ's money this offseason, those two with Webster is a nice, physical group of CB's to move forward with.

Comment

All the more reason why this team needs to get a ring now. DRC, Champ, Phillips, Manning, and not Welker need rings.

Comment

Comment

Really sad to see - especially when we're talking about one of the best cover guys to ever play the game, and a guy who has been loyal to this franchise for years when he probably could have gone somewhere else to chase a Lombardi.

But father time is undefeated, as they say.

Comment

As much as I dont want to admit it, he probably is done. The only outside chance is that he wants to get the ring - and if we dont this year - and if PFM is back, I could see him signing on with very reduced salary to play the nickel

Comment

Originally posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
                      As much as I dont want to admit it, he probably is done. The only outside chance is that he wants to get the ring - and if we dont this year - and if PFM is back, I could see him signing on with very reduced salary to play the nickel
                      you don't wanna be a GOAT and just hang on like that, champ has to much pride to do that. He needs to walk away now

Comment

The cold reality of the NFL. Better choice to give the money to DRC and give Champ a great send off, ROF, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker View Post

Don't want it to end like this.

On the bright side, Webster is a boss.

I say we pay DRC and Harris with Champ's money this offseason, those two with Webster is a nice, physical group of CB's to move forward with.
                          The Denver Broncos need to win a ring - and with Manning's rapidly-closing window, who knows when we'll get our next shot?

Everyone in this organization from the owner down to the towel boy better tattoo this message on his forearm.

Comment

He gave up the TD.

I am interested in his update. Hopefully, he's not done.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
                              Really sad to see - especially when we're talking about one of the best cover guys to ever play the game, and a guy who has been loyal to this franchise for years when he probably could have gone somewhere else to chase a Lombardi.

But father time is undefeated, as they say.
                              He could still win a Lombardi. Wouldn't completely count that out yet. We're 6-1.

At least his cap figure will be gone soon, and we can retain the core of this team. In a few years, Manning will retire, too, and we'll be in real good shape.

IDK if Champ is capable of playing Safety at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X