X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted him to challenge what should have been Decker's touchdown

Comment

Originally posted by eddie mac View Post
      He made the right call not to challenge but it was the wrong playcall to begin with. Not only do you not run in that situation but you dont run anyone not called Moreno down there. Does he never learn
      Am I wrong for thinking that is Peyton's call? He has full freedom to see the look and decide if he likes the look for a run or pass? And if Knowshon is winded and out a play isn't Hillman automatically the #2 (given Ball has fumble issues too), so it wasn't really a 'decision' to have Hillman run there? I would be interested to see the development of that play call, definitely a bummer after almost 90 yards of Welker doing incredible ****.

Comment

manning wanted to stay on the field for both 4 and inch calls

fox can't take chances

fox is scared to win

Comment

The one he should have challenged is the Decker TD. Looked like he had possession and made a football move with two feet down. Might have been overturned. At least was worth a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid A View Post
            Am I wrong for thinking that is Peyton's call? He has full freedom to see the look and decide if he likes the look for a run or pass? And if Knowshon is winded and out a play isn't Hillman automatically the #2 (given Ball has fumble issues too), so it wasn't really a 'decision' to have Hillman run there? I would be interested to see the development of that play call, definitely a bummer after almost 90 yards of Welker doing incredible ****.
            Manning should have known better. I don't care who called it, Manning had 4 plays to get into the End zone. Don't give it up. Even if he doesn't make it in, the clock runs an extra 20 seconds or you burn a time out. Dumb play all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
              I watched it again and his knees never touched the ground...he may have been behind the 1st down but it was super close...
              His elbow was down. Horrible non challenge

Comment

My disappointment in Fox? He's not a gambler. He doesn't go for it. I hope we win the SB, but Fox is well Fox.

Comment

Yeah I thought Decker at the pylon was a TD.

Gains possession then makes a very clear move to break the plane. Surely the play ends right there and it's a TD?

Comment

Originally posted by Kid A View Post
                    If Peyton made that call chalk it up as yet another **** up on his part in the game. It's hard to not start believing the guy does in fact wilt in big games when you see him play like this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker View Post
                      Yeah I thought Decker at the pylon was a TD.

Gains possession then makes a very clear move to break the plane. Surely the play ends right there and it's a TD?
                      Yes. Baffling call, and baffling no-challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf754life View Post
                        this team will NEVER win anything big with John "Dumbo" Fox
                        jesus christ this place gets annoying after a loss. Indy outplayed us. plain and simple. They have taken on and beaten the 3 supposed best teams in the league and won. this was never going to be a pushover game. Emotions were high for Peyton and he didn't play his best. it is hard to keep your QB off the grass when 80% of the line is either a backup or playing out of position. Woodyard is sorely missed. Champ may be done. Von looked rusty and a little tentative about getting hit.

this team is 6-1 and has some work to do and some players that need to heal up a bit.

I would much rather have this team play a few ****ty games now in the regular season and work those kinks out instead of play a game like this in the playoffs.

honestly, I think the team had been getting complacent and buying into their own hype. a good few punches in the mouth by Dallas putting up big numbers and outplaying us, lowly Jacksonville looking talented against us, and then getting dominated by Indy will do the team good in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by maven View Post
                          My disappointment in Fox? He's not a gambler. He doesn't go for it. I hope we win the SB, but Fox is well Fox.
                          It's hard to win in the playoffs much less win a Super Bowl when you constantly play not to lose rather than to win. Just ask Marty Schottenheimer.

Comment

Not sure about the "idiot" part, but there were WAY too many run plays for my tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
                              I would much rather have this team play a few ****ty games now in the regular season and work those kinks out instead of play a game like this in the playoffs.
                              What makes you think they won't play the same in the playoffs? All indications are that they probably will.

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
                                The one he should have challenged is the Decker TD. Looked like he had possession and made a football move with two feet down. Might have been overturned. At least was worth a chance.
                                No. That would have been a failure. He went to the ground before establishing the catch. Had to hold it all the way through.

Comment

Working...
                                X