"Second Half Team"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Second Half Team"

It's great that this is so good at making second half adjustments, but do the "slow" starts ever make you think that maybe the coaches suck at game planning?

It would be nice to start strong and still improve after the half . Is that too much to ask?

Two negative threads in a row by me. I won't start any more tonight, I promise.

Comment

Just run over the god damn defense with a steamroller at halftime. Like it would ****ing matter if they showed up anyways.

Comment

Have to hope this will be like the Chargers game last year

Comment

Bump for continued first half suckitude.

Comment

Tired of watching Fox look confused as hell on the sidelines. Can we please hire a real head coach? Hell, I'd take Shanahan back with Elway as GM...

Comment

Nice challenge Fox.

Does DRC not realize he's not on the FG block unit?

WTF. More stupid mistakes costing us in games.

Comment

As I said in the gameday thread, I'm really impressed by the balls Fox showed in that challenge early in the game. Fantastic stuff there. Where was his challenge flag in the Indy game when there was actually something to be gained?

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
                  It's great that this is so good at making second half adjustments, but do the "slow" starts ever make you think that maybe the coaches suck at game planning?

It would be nice to start strong and still improve after the half . Is that too much to ask?
                  So who do you think is making those 2nd half adjustments? The shifty eyed waterboys?

Anytime this team struggles for one or two quarters it's like the sky is falling.

Comment

I think the half time speech should be elementary school flash cards with 2+2=4 and 3x3=9. This team appears to have become so dumb it's funny, well not really.

Comment

Originally posted by fontaine View Post
                      So who do you think is making those 2nd half adjustments? The shifty eyed waterboys?

Anytime this team struggles for one or two quarters it's like the sky is falling.
                      You quoted my post but apparently you didn't read the second paragraph. It's only a couple of sentences long, so it shouldn't take you more than 10 or 15 minutes to read it. We'll wait while you catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterhole View Post
                        Tired of watching Fox look confused as hell on the sidelines. Can we please hire a real head coach? Hell, I'd take Shanahan back with Elway as GM...
                        *@#$#? Fox is far and away the Achilles heel of the team. Old school mediocrity who doesn'thave any feel for keeping a good team focused from week to week. Not to mention his gutless in-game management. Oh yeah, and absolutely terrible at drilling fundamentals and ensuring disciplined play on the field - weekly attacks of fumble-itis and guys repeatedly spiking the ball two yards in front of the end zone?

Fox was only hired because the expectation was that the team would be in a two or three year rebuild. So you throw a low ceiling coach like Fox in there for three years to hold down the fort while the team is bad and then ease him out (or fire) him when the future starts coming together and hire someone with more coaching potential.

Problem is, when Manning showed up, the team became instantly legitimate again. And now is stuck with this bumbling doofus running the show while we have a small window to win it all. Having Manning essentially handling the entire offense is good enough to keep the team competitive, but it is really uncertain if the "Fox effect" won't ultimately ruin our chances. I'm not saying that it is impossible for the Broncos to win it all this year, even with Fox as head coach. But it pains me to think of how much better our chances would be with someone who wasn't an incompetent retread.
                        Last edited by Raindog; 10-27-2013, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raindog View Post
                          *@#$#? Fox is far and away the Achilles heel of the team. Old school mediocrity who doesn'thave any feel for keeping a good team focused from week to week. Not to mention his gutless in-game management. Oh yeah, and absolutely terrible at drilling fundamentals and ensuring disciplined play on the field - weekly attacks of fumble-itis and guys repeatedly spiking the ball two yards in front of the end zone?

Fox was only hired because the expectation was that the team would be in a two or three year rebuild. So you throw a low ceiling coach like Fox in there for three years to hold down the fort while the team is bad and then ease him out (or fire) him when the future starts coming together and hire someone with more coaching potential.

Problem is, when Manning showed up, the team became instantly legitimate again. And now is stuck with this bumbling doofus running the show while we have a small window to win it all. Having Manning essentially handling the entire offense is good enough to keep the team competitive, but it is really uncertain if the "Fox effect" won't ultimately ruin our chances. I'm not saying that it is impossible for the Broncos to win it all this year, even with Fox as head coach. But it pains me to think of how much better our chances would be with someone who wasn't an incompetent retread.
                          be careful with this talk, you can get banned by the fanboyz

Comment

All I ask is for someone to please take the red flag away from Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                              Dude in my notes for podcast/writeup:

Fox should give the challenge flag to someone else. This is ridiculous.

Interesting side note: that's my only note
                              And it's not that he's 0-4 on challenges (well today was obvious), it's the plays he's throwing it on.

Comment

Working...
                              X