Playbook showed Nacho out of position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playbook showed Nacho out of position

One of the guys was showing several plays and Nacho was way out of position in whatever game they were showing. Cowboys I think.

I do not believe we have a CB issue.

Do any of you believe the safeties are the pass defense's problem ?

They are both young and one undrafted ?

What do you think ?

I hadn't noticed Nacho playing all that bad but did see a thread

a while back calling him out ?

First of all, without knowing what defensive play was called I don't think an outside observer can categorically say a safety was or wasn't out of position. Second of all, our pass defense problems fall on everyone involved. You don't allow the most passing yards in the league by only having issues at safety. I still look at Del Rio as a big part of the problem. When a defense is constantly out of position and leaving receivers unaccounted for that ultimately falls on the coach. A coach needs to put players in a position to succeed and I simply have not seen Del Rio doing that with our pass defense this year.

The good news is that Del Rio is much better than what he's been showing lately, so there's reason to hope he'll get things back on track.

Comment

Wait, a jetmeck post with no elipsisisssssssssssssssss?
      Whats happening here?

Comment

Originally posted by myMind View Post
        Wait, a jetmeck post with no elipsisisssssssssssssssss?
        Whats happening here?
        Those were included with the hot chicks ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
          Those were included with the hot chicks ban.
          Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

Nacho and Raheem have both played poorly of late.

Comment

Originally posted by dictionary View Post
              Nooooooooooooooooooo!
              It sucks -- but -- you do need to change your avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                Nacho and Raheem have both played poorly of late.
                Not surprised Moore hasn't shown much.

Comment

Google sucks.

Comment

Moore isn't playing that bad in coverage but he gets no help from the other safetys and the pass rush has been weaker then it needs to be. You watch if the pressure picks up and Bailey can come on our pass defense will get a lot better.

Comment

S problem will show up sunday night and against any good team. I don't think we are ANY better since Raven playoff loss. Its fun so far and enjoying the ride but, weakness is weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                        Moore isn't playing that bad in coverage but he gets no help from the other safetys and the pass rush has been weaker then it needs to be. You watch if the pressure picks up and Bailey can come on our pass defense will get a lot better.
                        Moore is still making the same mistakes he always has. He keeps jumping routes to make plays which he never makes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetmeck View Post
                          One of the guys was showing several plays and Nacho was way out of position in whatever game they were showing. Cowboys I think.

I do not believe we have a CB issue.

Do any of you believe the safeties are the pass defense's problem ?

They are both young and one undrafted ?

What do you think ?

I hadn't noticed Nacho playing all that bad but did see a thread

a while back calling him out ?
                          It seems there is ample evidence Nacho has not been playing the pass very well. Hopefullly he'll get better as the season goes on.

Comment

Can we spare this one? Please.....yummy.

Comment

Our safeties are better against the run then they are in pass support. Nacho hasn't looked as explosive as he did in the first few games and Moore has just been very very average. One could definitely say S is not a strength of ours. Not poor, but not really good either. I'm giving them a bit of a pass though because 1) Nacho is new to the scene and Moore, well there's no real excuse for his average play 2) we've been banged up a bit on defense of late and of course missing Von was huge as well.

Once we have all these guys in there for a few games, we can look at this again to determine how well or how bad or how average our safeties are.

Comment

Working...
                              X