Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos Player ratings after 6 weeks (PFF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Player ratings after 6 weeks (PFF)

A couple thoughts:

1: Decker and Beadles are struggling. It will be interesting to see how they finish the season, especially since it is a contract year for both. I'd prefer to see Kuper take Beadles' place on the line once Franklin returns, but I don't know how comfortable he'd be switching sides.

2: Interesting that Clady had a negative grade after two games, with especially bad run blocking. Clark has outperformed Clady in the last four games, albeit against weaker defenses.

3. It's disappointing to see our last two top picks, Wolfe and Sly, having such a bad start, especially considering how well Wolfe did last year. Also surprised at Vickerson's rating. I'm sure Von's return will make them all more productive.

4. Paris Lenon is terrible

5. Tony Carter has been abused, and teams have figured him out ever since about midseason last year

6. Duke Nacho in the negative for run defense is surprising to me, as I thought that was his strength. He hasn't made many impact plays since the start of the season. Having both safeties in the negative is no bueno.

7. Good to see Kayvon doing so well, graded as the second highest DB after Harris.

Low scores for OJ and Woody?

Comment

Keyvon and Harris are the future at CB.. Both stud pick ups and Keyvon is looking like he is quickly developing into a steal in the 3rd round.

By next year he will make a huge leap.

Derek Wolfe's steep drop in pass rush is almost entirely due to Von's absence which forced him to rush mostly for the outside which is not his game.

With Von back, the synergy with Wolfe then being able to take a more direct interior push to the passer will give Derek a big boost in his pressure and sack stats.

My man Malik is turning into the hard core baller I've been hoping for since we drafted him last year.

Comment

So Hillman has a better overall rating than Moreno? Am I reading that right?

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
          Obviously the ratings don't care if you have ever broken a tackle or not.

Comment

Knowshon is by far the better runner (1.9 to 0.4), but I assume his low receiving stat (0.2 compared to Hillman's 2.0) is due to his 3 or 4 drops, while hillman has caught every ball and looked good after the catch. I think hillman has looked better running after the catch than he has running after a handoff.

Comment

They don't weigh the categories by importance, which is kinda lame. Who exactly cares about Peyton's running ability?

Comment

PFF has become the Buck Swope of football analysis to me.

Comment

PFF is funny. They can make stats to cover both sides of an argument. Posters here either rip them or quote them depending on their own personal agenda too.

Comment

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Comment

Cue Ag and Kaylore feeling compelled to post how much they hate PFF.

Edit. Kaylore beat me to it.
                      Last edited by McDman; 10-19-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Some of this I say you can take with a grain of salt, some of it kind of gives a value of a player though.
                        By far our OL has done a tremendous job, and of course we all know Beadles has been a weak link. He has absolutely WHIFFED on quite a few blocks its bad.
                        Julius Thomas incredibly poor run blocking, I don't get that though.
                        Same with Woodyard's pass coverage and run defense.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                          Pff is great for tangible stats, but their grades are silly and pretty baseless.

One example that really stands out to me: the Packers game early in the tebow year under Orton. Quentin Carter got dinged by PFF for biting on playaction and getting beaten in one on one when in reality, the Packers were in a shotgun with an empty backfield and NO play action and Rogers hit an outside seam that had almost nothing to do with carter.

PFF: great for concrete stats, but not for interpretation
                          No opinion on PFF, but when there's 25,000 plays each year, and 22 players each play, that makes over 500,000 individual evaluations. Even if they're good at their job, there's bound to be some dumb mistakes in that many judgements.

Comment

Duke hasn't been the same since his ankle. Hope he can shake it this week.

Comment

Meh. Mostly tells me things I knew already. Lenon is terrible and every down he's on the field, I just cringe. Carter has been pretty bad. Duke hasn't really been good since the 2nd game, Kayvon is a stud. I disagree on Decker though, he's been a slight positive. Beadles is okay but replaceable (and we'll have Kuper, draft pick and/or others to take over if we don't resign him). Clark has filled in great. Wolfe is out of position on passing downs because of Von's absence and Sly is a rookie.

Comment

Working...
                              X