Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Clark; Broncos 2nd best lineman

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chris Clark; Broncos 2nd best lineman

    The transition has truly be seamless. Frankly this past weekend’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars was when they had the most trouble keeping Manning on his feet. Clark wasn’t the problem though: according to the grades given out by Pro Football Focus each week, Clark graded out the best of all of the offensive linemen with a 4.3 mark (with anything about a 2.0 being considered exceptional). It was actually the best grade on the entire offense for the day.

    For the season Clark has a cumulative grade from PFF of 10.6. Only Louis Vasquez has a better grade on the offensive line with an 11.3. What we’re saying here is that Clark has not just been a competent replacement for Clady; he has been one of the best linemen on the team since he took over as the starter.
    Clark deserves credit beyond being an acceptable replacement; he deserves credit for being a big reason why the Broncos have the best offense in the NFL through the first six weeks of the season.


    http://milehighmaniac.com/2013/10/18...m_medium=email

  • #2
    I love back-ups playing like this. Denver needs to resign Franklin or Clark whoever comes cheaper. In hindsight Denver should have just Franchised Clady.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nonsense PFF citation aside, Clark has been great for us. I think we should seriously consider moving him to RT next season while having Franklin take over for Beadles inside.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
        Nonsense PFF citation aside, Clark has been great for us. I think we should seriously consider moving him to RT next season while having Franklin take over for Beadles inside.
        Franklin is 6'7" 350 lbs. I don't think he could play guard as well as tackle. He can't move like Beadles.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
          I love back-ups playing like this. Denver needs to resign Franklin or Clark whoever comes cheaper. In hindsight Denver should have just Franchised Clady.
          Pretty sure Clark signed a two year extension just before Clady went down.

          If I didn't know any better, I would think Clady never got hurt.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
            I love back-ups playing like this. Denver needs to resign Franklin or Clark whoever comes cheaper. In hindsight Denver should have just Franchised Clady.
            We already re-signed Clark... through 2015. Locked him up a week before Clady went down. Elway just bossing per usual.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bowtown View Post
              We already re-signed Clark... through 2015. Locked him up a week before Clady went down. Elway just bossing per usual.
              Yeah you guys are right I forgot about that. Too bad it was only a two-year deal.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                Franklin is 6'7" 350 lbs. I don't think he could play guard as well as tackle. He can't move like Beadles.
                He's a better blocker in both phases however, and projected to be a guard coming out of college. Really the only thing Beadles would be better at is pulling. If Louis Vasquez can excel in our blocking scheme at guard so would Orlando Franklin. Besides, Beadles is probably gone next season.

                Also where on earth did you get that he weighs 350? He weighs 320.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                  He's a better blocker in both phases however, and projected to be a guard coming out of college. Really the only thing Beadles would be better at is pulling. If Louis Vasquez can excel in our blocking scheme at guard so would Orlando Franklin.

                  Also where on earth did you get that he weighs 350? He weighs 320.
                  I am not saying Franklin cannot do it. I have never heard this before. Franklin will want to play OT because they make more money and it is a more important position, convincing him to move inside I think will not be easy.

                  Also pulling is very important in the run game and screen game, which Beadles is one of the best at, I don't see Franklin being able to get out front on those plays.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                    I am not saying Franklin cannot do it. I have never heard this before. Franklin will want to play OT because they make more money and it is a more important position, convincing him to move inside I think will not be easy.

                    Also pulling is very important in the run game and screen game, which Beadles is one of the best at, I don't see Franklin being able to get out front on those plays.
                    I'm sorry, but this whole post just gets a "what the ****?" response out of me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                      I'm sorry, but this whole post just gets a "what the ****?" response out of me.
                      Why?

                      {1st sentence}I have never heard of Franklin being able to play guard. I do not think he would be willing to play guard

                      {2nd sentence} He might be better at point of attack than Beadles but I do not think he would be able to pull quickly enough on the screens and sweeps that Denver runs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Clark has played well, but PFF is absolute crap.

                        PFF grades at a .032 on my own made up metric of suckitude. A perfect score is a 1.5 per my magical random metrics.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                          Clark has played well, but PFF is absolute crap.

                          PFF grades at a .032 on my own made up metric of suckitude. A perfect score is a 1.5 per my magical random metrics.
                          Med would be proud!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                            Why?

                            {1st sentence}I have never heard of Franklin being able to play guard. I do not think he would be willing to play guard

                            {2nd sentence} He might be better at point of attack than Beadles but I do not think he would be able to pull quickly enough on the screens and sweeps that Denver runs.
                            1) Franklin playing guard has been discussed often on this board since the day he was drafted, and many scouts thought he was a better fit at the position. He played both guard and tackle in college.

                            2) Franklin has shown a good amount of mobility on quite a few outside runs this season. Have you not been paying attention?

                            Thus my "what the ****?" response. Franklin > Beadles at guard. Period.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              Clark has played well, but PFF is absolute crap.

                              PFF grades at a .032 on my own made up metric of suckitude. A perfect score is a 1.5 per my magical random metrics.
                              lolol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X