• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Luck Will Outshoot Peyton Manning [article]

hahaha
    -----
    http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/1...eyton-manning/

Denver Broncos vs. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck Will Outshoot Peyton Manning

October 16, 2013 8:38 pm EDT by Aaron Charles gplus

The Denver Broncos are overrated and very beatable. They are definitely one of the best teams in the NFL, but are often talked about as if they’re some unstoppable force, which they are not. There isn’t a single winning team on Denvers’ list of victories, and sooner or later, their 29th-ranked defense is going to bite them.

I’m betting on sooner as the Indianapolis Colts are the best team they’ve faced, and they matchup very well with the Broncos and their tremendous passing offense. The Colts’ fifth-ranked pass defense is the best they’ve faced, the next best being the 14th-ranked Jacksonville Jaguars. Indy has also surrendered the fewest points by far of any Denver opponent, allowing just 16.3 per game.

Everything is in line for Andrew Luck to outshoot Peyton Manning in this matchup, but he can’t do it by himself. Against the Broncos’ bottom-dwelling pass defense, Luck will have a great opportunity to truly blow up, but his pass-catchers must fix their recent problems with drops. They’ve had eight in their last two games with a few in critical situations in their sloppy loss against the San Diego Chargers on Monday night.
    Indy knows how to beat the big boys. They whooped the San Francisco 49ers in their house and beat the Seattle Seahawks at home. If the Colts play the way they’re capable of playing, then they are the favorites in this game. They seem to play up to great competition and lay eggs against the middle of the pack.

With a little help from his supporting cast, I expect Luck to explode on the Broncos. He is at his best with his back against the wall, and facing one of the NFL’s best after an ugly loss will have Luck coming out swinging. It would also help if Jim Irsay could shut his mouth, and stop fueling Manning with his ungrateful comments but regardless, I believe the Colts have the advantage in this contest. The return of (a non-performance enhanced) Von Miller won’t be enough. At home, I think Indy gets their act together, and grabs another big win.

Prediction: Indianapolis over Denver, 34-27.

Aaron Charles is a Kansas City Chiefs writer for rantsports.com. Follow him on twitter @aaroncharleskc or add him to your network on Google.

He's totally right. We don't stand a chance. I wish we didn't have to go. Can we forfeit? Andrew Luck is a god.

Comment

Rant Sports makes bleacher report look like ESPN.

Comment

Another Chiefs nut hugger............

Comment

He's projecting........

Comment

this seriously is written by a high schooler....regardless of his opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
              He's totally right. We don't stand a chance. I wish we didn't have to go. Can we forfeit? Andrew Luck is a god.
              No. We have to return their quarterback. And, it's a not a moment too soon. He sucks...

Comment

non-performance enhanced Von Miller?

Comment

I have to say I find it hilarious how brazen the Chiefs have become and how they keep insisting that their team is real and ours is overrated despite the same schedules.

Comment

So beating the Super Bowl team in the opening game was not a challenge? Oh KC, your meth is showing.

Comment

I like how people act like Von was on roids, and not marijuana and other recreational drugs.

Comment

Aaron Charles
                        @aaroncharleskc
                        KC Chiefs writer for @RantSports I love football so much that I was honestly heartbroken when the XFL ended. Also love baseball, basketball, and fantasy sports.
                        Kansas City, Mo

https://twitter.com/aaroncharleskc

Comment

Whitlock at it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                            I have to say I find it hilarious how brazen the Chiefs have become and how they keep insisting that their team is real and ours is overrated despite the same schedules.
                            I agree and don't quite get it. Especially since they aren't exactly dominating teams. It took a few unforced Eagle mistakes to jump out ahead of them, the same against Ryan Fitzpatrick's titans, and were lucky enough to play Romo when he had bruised ribs and clearly wasn't throwing the ball as well.

Blaine Gabbert
                            Injured Romo
                            Michael Vick
                            Eli (who for some reason has struggled against everyone this year, us included)
                            Ryan Fitzpatrick
                            Terrelle Pryor
                            and now Case Keenum.

And before they play us, they'll go against Thad Lewis and Brandon Weeden.

But according to Chiefs fans, no problems! They'll handle the highest scoring offense in the history of the league (after 6 games) like they've handled the above pu pu platter. Not even a doubt in their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                              I agree and don't quite get it. Especially since they aren't exactly dominating teams. It took a few unforced Eagle mistakes to jump out ahead of them, the same against Ryan Fitzpatrick's titans, and were lucky enough to play Romo when he had bruised ribs and clearly wasn't throwing the ball as well.

Blaine Gabbert
                              Injured Romo
                              Michael Vick
                              Eli (who for some reason has struggled against everyone this year, us included)
                              Ryan Fitzpatrick
                              Terrelle Pryor
                              and now Case Keenum.

And before they play us, they'll go against Thad Lewis and Brandon Weeden.
                              Yeah, it's going to be quite the jump in offensive talent when they face Denver twice and San Diego in a 3 week span.

Comment

Working...
                              X