Butterfly Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butterfly Effect

So, Oliver Luck (father to some kid named Andrew) was the back up quarterback to Archie Manning for the Houston Oilers. Back-up duties for a rookie apparently included picking up the starting Quarterback's kids from the airport. (a pair of tykes named Cooper and Peyton) Between the two of them, they managed to compose the second worse record in the league that year, which prevented the Oilers from obtaining the Number 1 overall pick in the draft that year. (The Colts ended up taking some guy named John Elway)

Anyone else think that fate is occasionally an over-medicated child?

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
    So, Oliver Luck (father to some kid named Andrew) was the back up quarterback to Archie Manning for the Houston Oilers. Back-up duties for a rookie apparently included picking up the starting Quarterback's kids from the airport. (a pair of tykes named Cooper and Peyton) Between the two of them, they managed to compose the second worse record in the league that year, which prevented the Oilers from obtaining the Number 1 overall pick in the draft that year. (The Colts ended up taking some guy named John Elway)

Anyone else think that fate is occasionally an over-medicated child?
    Rep

Comment

here's another

On December 2, 1995, in his 19th game (and the team's 23rd) of the 1995-96 season, Roy was in net against the Detroit Red Wings during Montreal's worst home game in franchise history, an 11-1 loss.[12] Roy allowed nine goals on 26 shots (five in the first period, and then another four in the second period), and the crowd jeered him whenever he made an easy save during the second period after the game was already 7-1 in favor of the Red Wings. In response, Roy raised his arms in mock celebration. When coach Mario Tremblay finally pulled Roy in the middle of the second period in favor of Pat Jablonski (who allowed two more goals), Roy stormed past him and told team president Ronald Corey "It's my last game in Montreal."[13] Roy later told the media that despite allowing five goals on 17 shots in the first, Tremblay kept him in net in order to humiliate him. He also said that he would not have demanded a trade if Tremblay had kept him on the bench in the second period. The next day, Roy was suspended by the Canadiens. Four days later, Roy was traded to the Colorado Avalanche.

currently, Patrick Roy is tied with former Habs coach Mario Tremblay for the best start for a rookie NHL Coach with a 6-0 start. Patrick Roy can break his record tonight with a victory over the Detroit Red Wings.

you can't make this stuff up

Comment

I think I need to go watch a Kevin Costner movie right about now.

Comment

Wonder where we'd be right now had Dwayne Bowe not fumbled that onsides kick against the Chargers back in '08.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
            I think I need to go watch a Kevin Costner movie right about now.
            I recommend Waterworld.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronkota View Post
              I recommend Waterworld.
              I will stick with Butterfly Effect and I recommend Gigli for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronkota View Post
                I recommend Waterworld.
                I kind of enjoy watching Waterworld.

Comment

Originally posted by McDman View Post
                  Same here.

I don't know what all the fuss was about; I saw that movie six times. It ruled.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                    This is awesome.
                    Water world ehh.... Dances with wolves ....yes

Comment

wait wait, did i miss the Avs making Roy the head coaach. damn thats awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by McDman View Post
                        Except for the part where the guy from Sons of Anarchy wants to molest the girl from Napoleon Dynamite.

Comment

Kevin Costner's best performance was in "The Big Chill."

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                            Can I steal this for next week's write-up? I want to use it very badly.
                            Rock on. I ripped it off from an ESPN article.

Comment

Originally posted by mennonite View Post
                              Kevin Costner's best performance was in "The Big Chill."
                              Nope. Silverado.

Comment

Working...
                              X