Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumervil vs. Phillips

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dumervil vs. Phillips

    Just wanted to say I (along with a lot of other people on here) told you so. We all agreed we would have like Doom to return but that he was overpaid at $8+ million per year. Well what is he making this year compared to Phillips? So far Doom has 5 sacks and 16 total tackles and is a huge liability against the run. Phillips has 5.5 sacks and 15 total tackles and is better against the run than Doom.

    So ya, for an eighth of the price we are doin just fine.
    Last edited by LetsGoBroncos; 10-17-2013, 12:20 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
    Just wanted to say I (along with a lot of other people on here) told you so. We all agreed we would have like Doom to return but that he was overpaid at $8+ million per year. Well what is he making this year compared to Phillips? So far Doom has 5 sacks and 16 total tackles and is a huge liability against the fun. Phillips has 5.5 sacks and 15 total tackles and is better against the run than Doom.

    So ya, for an eighth of the price we are doin just fine.
    The last thing this team needs is someone who is a huge liability against the fun! That can make a season seem eternal. We want guys who are assets to the fun!

    Comment


    • #3
      No Fun League

      Comment


      • #4
        QB hurries? overall impact on the Defense..... should have paid the man - er faxgate

        Comment


        • #5
          I wanted him back because he was one of my favs. I will admit I wanted to see what he did on another team to answer some questions I had about him. Now I'm glad we didn't waste that much money on him.

          Comment


          • #6
            Elvis Dumervil against the fun:

            <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/f68VXKMZT1Q?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/f68VXKMZT1Q?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

            Comment


            • #7
              It's exactly what I always said, huge fun liability.

              Comment


              • #8
                Joe Flacco>Peyton Manning

                obviously



                **** YOU DOOM!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                  Elvis Dumervil against the fun:

                  <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/f68VXKMZT1Q?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/f68VXKMZT1Q?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
                  <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/7R6_Chr2vro?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/7R6_Chr2vro?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I knew Phillips could replace most of what Doom gave us on the pass rush side of things and probably would be better against the run. I've said all along that I thought it was the smart move to not pay him over 5M per year and for what we are paying Phillips, even better. That frees up money to sign other guys are are playing well. Sorry but I don't miss Doom at all. 8M for 12 sacks and average run support - no thanks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Only reason I miss Doom is because he was just good enough that opposing offenses were scared of him and his name alone, even if it didn't warrant it, would just seem to make opposing QBs making dumb mistakes which he would capitalize on. Otherwise, Phillips is doing just as well and well worth the price. We got a replacement who cares more about the ring than the paycheck and glory.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'd still pay Doom every day of the week. Probably kick in an extra million on Sunday.

                        This DL stinks to high hell at pass rushing. It's the biggest downside change from last year by far. Not sure how you can watch your team's defense go from #2 overall in 2012 to #29 now and say "I think that big move in the offseason really paid off"

                        I know Von is a big part and all. But it's more than a bit premature to say we don't miss Doom. I'm relatively sure we do.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          how many a phillips sacks have been coverage sacks? Doom brought the heat on a consistent basis. Can't say the same about phillips. Should have paid the man. Anyone out there not seeing our inability to rush the passer? Yeah... Von is back now but still...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm the Phillips hater and I've been paying attention to him when I've watched Bronco games.

                            Two of his sacks come against a rookie RT in the first game of the season after Oher went out.

                            One sack was in garbage time against Philly.

                            He had a coverage sack against Dallas and the second one came when Romo ran out of the pocket right into his arms due to pressure from the other side (Ayers?).

                            To me, his sacks have not been very impressive. The most impressive one to me was his coverage sack. Not saying he has played bad (for a backup he's living up to expectations I would say) but he kind of did the same thing the past couple of years in San Diego with his sacks either coming in garbage time or inferior opposition.

                            I haven't been paying attention to Dumervil. It seems like he's doing okay but not anything spectacular.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Heyneck View Post
                              how many a phillips sacks have been coverage sacks? Doom brought the heat on a consistent basis. Can't say the same about phillips. Should have paid the man. Anyone out there not seeing our inability to rush the passer? Yeah... Von is back now but still...
                              Doom has Suggs on the other side (who is a darn good pass rusher himself) and Doom is averaging less then 1 sack a game. And you think with Miller's suspension that he was going to be all world here?

                              Just face the facts - Phillips is giving us about the same stats with a fraction of the cost.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X