Crystal ball: Kyle Sloter, go on record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal ball: Kyle Sloter, go on record

What will his career amount to? There are many potential paths.
    Hall of Fame career
    15.38%
    2nd-team All-Pro status, Drew Bledsoe-level career
    9.62%
    Top 16 QB at one point, make Pro Bowl
    11.54%
    Will be a serviceable starter within No. 17-25 range
    11.54%
    Will start at some point, but be a bottom 5 QB
    3.85%
    Career backup with occasional start
    11.54%
    Will never get past third-string
    7.69%
    Out of the league in five years
    28.85%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by Blake Street Bomber View Post
    What will his career amount to? There are many potential paths.
    You don't know **** about baseball you ass bag.

Comment

If Sloter was any good, there would have been at least one team that offered him a spot on their 53-man roster. But there wasn't. Not even one. The best he could get was a practice squad slot.

So it's not just Elway that felt Sloter wasn't worth a spot on the 53-man roster. Every single team in the entire f***in' league shared the same opinion. Meanwhile, people in this forum are completely losing their minds that Sloter didn't make the final 53-man roster.

Because the armchair GMs in this forum are totally smarter than all the GMs in the NFL.

Comment

I don't think ANYONE is claiming that Sloter is going to be anything, surely not a HOF candidate. What everyone is saying is that he is an intriguing talent that they wanted to keep on the team. They said he showed enough in practice to deserve a chance to be kept. Is your argument that he isn't good because no one put him on their 53 after his first PS? As if not one ever went from the Practice Squad to playing in the NFL? Or how about Kurt Warner who got cut. Surely since all 32 teams passed on putting him on their 53 and their Practice Squad, there is no way he could ever be good.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbucks24 View Post
          I don't think ANYONE is claiming that Sloter is going to be anything, surely not a HOF candidate. What everyone is saying is that he is an intriguing talent that they wanted to keep on the team. They said he showed enough in practice to deserve a chance to be kept. Is your argument that he isn't good because no one put him on their 53 after his first PS? As if not one ever went from the Practice Squad to playing in the NFL? Or how about Kurt Warner who got cut. Surely since all 32 teams passed on putting him on their 53 and their Practice Squad, there is no way he could ever be good.
          There are also a ton of late round and UDFA qbs that just really are NOT good. The one or two guys out of hundreds are the extreme rarity, it's way more common that these guys just really are not good enough.

Comment

What everyone is saying is that he is an intriguing talent that they wanted to keep on the team. They said he showed enough in practice to deserve a chance to be kept.

Apparently, all 32 teams agree that Sloter doesn't deserve a spot on the 53-man roster. People in this forum are furious at Elway because they think they know better than all 32 GMs in the entire league. That was my point.

Is your argument that he isn't good because no one put him on their 53 after his first PS?
            My point is that he isn't good enough to be on the 53-man roster. He's practice squad material.

As if not one ever went from the Practice Squad to playing in the NFL? Or how about Kurt Warner who got cut. Surely since all 32 teams passed on putting him on their 53 and their Practice Squad, there is no way he could ever be good.

It was either Brock or Sloter. Sure, undrafted practice squad players can turn into good QBs. You know who can also turn into good QBs? Former 2nd round picks.

Comment

More important - do you think that either Giraffe 1 or Giraffe 2 have a higher likelihood of becoming a good QB in this league than Sloter? Most of don't while still acknowledging that the likelihood of Sloter(as with any QB including first round picks) of becoming good is very low.

Comment

Where is the "Will be better than all three QB's on our roster right now" option?

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post
                  More important - do you think that either Giraffe 1 or Giraffe 2 have a higher likelihood of becoming a good QB in this league than Sloter? Most of don't while still acknowledging that the likelihood of Sloter(as with any QB including first round picks) of becoming good is very low.

Brock looked terrible in Houston last year. But he wasn't terrible when he played those 7 games for Denver in 2015.

I'd argue that Brock looked better for Denver in 2015, than any Bronco QB did in 2016. A bit better than Siemian, a lot better than Lynch.

Re-signing Brock for the vet minimum was a no-brainer, especially with Lynch out for a month or two. It'd have been stupid to keep 4 subpar QBs on the 53-man roster. One of them had to go. Sloter was the odd man out.

Comment

He won't ever get a chance. He just had bad luck. Some people just do. Like me having to root for Siemian.

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post
                      There are also a ton of late round and UDFA qbs that just really are NOT good. The one or two guys out of hundreds are the extreme rarity, it's way more common that these guys just really are not good enough.
                      And Sloter could very well turn out to be the norm. I just think people saw enough in him during the preseason to keep him around. And the only way to keep him on the team was to keep him on the 53. It's just that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by hipster.doofus View Post
                        Apparently, all 32 teams agree that Sloter doesn't deserve a spot on the 53-man roster. People in this forum are furious at Elway because they think they know better than all 32 GMs in the entire league. That was my point.

My point is that he isn't good enough to be on the 53-man roster. He's practice squad material.

It was either Brock or Sloter. Sure, undrafted practice squad players can turn into good QBs. You know who can also turn into good QBs? Former 2nd round picks.
                        Evidently, multiple teams thought he was good enough to take a look at. He had multiple offers for PS. No only that, one team thought highly enough of him to pay 3 times the normal amount to ensure they got him. Again, no one is saying start Sloter (or at least no one sane), but they are saying that they liked what they saw out of him in the preseason games and wanted to see if he would develop. They didn't like the risk that Elway took to expose him to waivers. He could have avoided that if he put Sloter on the 53.

Take away the names and draft position, who did you think looked better during the preseason games?

And I'm sure there are people on every roster that no one else would add to their 53. Everyone team has a different opinion.

Comment

Who knows. 99% chance he never gets past 3rd string.

Comment

I believe he will be a top 16 QB at some point and make the Pro bowl . Maybe even better. That is IF he is developed and does not get injured, torn up, or ruined . He obviously is not ready to start right now. But I 'd bet that Minnesota is going to take steps to ensure he gets plenty of practice and reps quickly. I don't think Bridgewater is coming back all the way . I have no doubt that he will be moved to #2 at some point this season , and if they have bad luck injury wise he may start some games late.

Next season he likely is the #2 .

Comment

Originally posted by OABB View Post
                              He won't ever get a chance. He just had bad luck. Some people just do. Like me having to root for Siemian.
                              Probably true. Teddy will come back and play well enough for the Viks to let Bradford move on to some other ludicrous contracts(just not the Broncos please dear god) and then they'll get a "seasoned" veteran to back him up. Sloter will get 3 years on the PS between a few teams but will probably never be given a chance to play with more than the 3's.

Comment

Working...
                              X