Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walton set to practice Wed?

From B/R

The Broncos could be getting center J.D. Walton back soon. He was placed on the physically unable to perform list at the start of the season, and the veteran is eligible to return if he’s healthy.

Fox talked about Walton for the first time in a long time on Monday and said, “I haven’t seen him practice in quite some time, so I think healing wise, he’s doing well. We’ll see how that goes starting Wednesday.”

---------

I wonder if that means Walton is scheduled to have his first practice on Wed. So does he come off the PUP now?

If he's ready to go, what a decision Fox will have. Manram has played pretty well, aside from those low snaps last game. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Man if he can come back and even just be a backup, I'll feel a lot better about our offensive line depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
      Man if he can come back and even just be a backup, I'll feel a lot better about our offensive line depth.
      QFT. Our guys are seemingly getting hurt at the wrong time.
      Not that you can get hurt at a right time. But Clady and Franklin down is just pure ****.

Comment

Under the PUP, I think they can come back and start practicing before having to make the roster move. But I may be confusing that with the new IR rule.

Comment

Walton at less than 100% is a pure liability on the field.

Comment

As depth? Great. As a return to starting? Hell ****ing no.

Ramirez > Walton

Comment

for PUP I think you get three weeks of practice before the team has to add you to the active roster

Comment

Can he play G or T?

Comment

Originally posted by mwill07 View Post
                  Can he play G or T?
                  He can easily slide over to G. In no way do we ever want him playing T.

I'll be glad to have him back - for depth. Ramirez outside a few bad snaps this week is our best option at C right now.

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
                    Under the PUP, I think they can come back and start practicing before having to make the roster move. But I may be confusing that with the new IR rule.
                    You are correct. They have three weeks from his first practice to make the actual roster move. He must be practicing by week 11 (so the latest a player can come back from the PUP is in week 14, which is what I believe Ray Lewis did last year).

If they don't make a move by then, I believe he goes straight to IR.

Comment

Walton could easily be used as a utility backup lineman at C/G. The way the team is burning through lineman, we'll need him.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                        From B/R

The Broncos could be getting center J.D. Walton back soon. He was placed on the physically unable to perform list at the start of the season, and the veteran is eligible to return if he’s healthy.

Fox talked about Walton for the first time in a long time on Monday and said, “I haven’t seen him practice in quite some time, so I think healing wise, he’s doing well. We’ll see how that goes starting Wednesday.”

---------

I wonder if that means Walton is scheduled to have his first practice on Wed. So does he come off the PUP now?

If he's ready to go, what a decision Fox will have. Manram has played pretty well, aside from those low snaps last game. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
                        I think a player who is on PUP has 3 weeks where he can participate in practices before he has to be activated. So he can practice the next 3 weeks without being on the roster.

Comment

I agree, I don't think it's a huge deal between him and Manram right now. The offense, even with a makeshift OL, has been still playing well. Getting Miller back and some of the other defensive starters back, and then some of them (Nacho) back to playing like they did the first few games, is what we need most.

Comment

Working...
                          X