Visualizing the height and weight of current NFL players, by position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason in LA View Post
    I tend to take a look at the height, weight, and speed of WRs, mainly because my son is playing that position. He's a senior now in high school, and he's 6'1", 170. He's probably stopped growing height wise. Once the season is over he'll start to train for next year, with the goal of getting to a good 180-185. He put on 15 pounds last offseason, and this offseason the program will be even more aggressive. I timed him at 4.60 in the 40 a couple weeks ago. That is a hand time though, but still pretty fast. Oh, I've come to find out something that I've always thought. Most reported high school kid's insane 40 times are bogus. And some of their height and weights are bogus too. A lot of the guys at the NFL combine run a slower 40 time than their reported high school times. That's not just the linemen, who put on a lot of weight at the college level, but the skill position guys too.
    They listed me at 6'5" 240 in high school.. I was 6'3-6'4 220

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
      Who's the 5'6" RB? MJD?
      Dante Hall was 5'6" on a good day...

Comment

Originally posted by maven View Post
        So the Broncos have the shortest and tallest player on offense? Dat balance. SB here we come.
        IIRC they are also the shortest and tallest Broncos in history.

Reminds me of a thread awhile back where someone said, "Put them together and they will rule Bartertown!" Classic.

Comment

Nice! Great visual data! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

speaking of visualizing height & size, look who came to the haunted house lastnight. Yes im short but still he is a monster!

Comment

Originally posted by bfoflcommish View Post
              speaking of visualizing height & size, look who came to the haunted house lastnight. Yes im short but still he is a monster!

Guy......you should never have done that...

(Btw, really? You killed my pic/smilie Taco?)

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Bill View Post
                They listed me at 6'5" 240 in high school.. I was 6'3-6'4 220
                Here's the article that compares the 40 yard dash time of players at the NFL combine to their reported high school time. Maybe I should start listing my son's 40 time as a 4.49. By the time he's a senior in college he might actually be able to run it. lol

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...ard-dash-times

Comment

It doesn't seem like there are 1696 dots on this graph but I can see trindon and brock so they obviously didn't just account for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                    Based on my height and weight, I would play QB.
                    I would be a linebacker. Unfortunately, my total weight is made up of too much fat and too little muscle.

Comment

Working...
                    X