Kupe and Champ (Back in Action): Game Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kupe and Champ (Back in Action): Game Notes

1. Chris Kuper showing snap off the ball, chipping DL then going to the 2nd level. Extremely active in pass-blocking, sells out on every single play. Nobody to block? No problem. Kuper wiill blindside closest Defender, helping out fellow OL. Powerful man, true warrior, innate skill. No evidence of ankle during the game.

2. Sean Phillips, close to sack, penetrate deep on outside run. Two tipped passes for two INT's. That's what you call a double double.

3. Vickerson, continues to impress against the run. Not many guys as big and powerful as he is.

4. Ihenacho where are you? Missing the impact plays that we saw at the start of the year.

5. Mike Adams pass defense to break up Blackmon sure TD on 4th down, Jags last drive. Deserves more playing time.

6. DRC swats away a bomb. Tends to show same intensity as fellow defenders. Still having trouble with assignments on certain plays. Have no fear, he'll turn it up as overall intensity of Defense rises.

7. Manning hit 5 times on first two drives, leading to alteration of game plan. This is all on the OL.

8. Glad to see Sylvester Williams with a good penetration and TFL. Showing evidence of life.

9. Kayvon Webster with a nice run stop and INT off a tipped ball.

10. Glad Tony Carter did not sniff the field (I hate his lackadaisical play, which brings the whole Defense down). Thank you Kayvon Webster.

11. Great plays by Malik Jackson to go unblocked for 2 sacks.

12. Moreno drags 3 Jaguars into the endzone 3rd TD of the day was right behind Kuper (who blew his man 3 yards off the ball) Knowshon another beast of a game with key conversions.

13. Nice tackle for minimal game from Nate Irving at MLB. Nate Irving just keeps getting better. Glad to see his progress. He's played admirably during
    Von's suspension.

14. Wolfe actually showed some speed around the edge, with a couple hits on Henne. He's shown progress at RDE during Von's absence, harrassing Henne with late touches, and forcing dump-off's.

15. Bailey's back. Signature pass break-ups give me hope that he can return to similar form. He says he'll always have pain, but he played better than I thought he would.

16. I think Montee Ball would be a better football player if he spent a month in jail, hard time. The dude just needs some major seasoning.

17. Danny Trev has 3 Int's in first 6 games.

18. Welcome back Von.

I think Carter was hurt which is why he was inactive. I don't think it was a healthy scratch.

Comment

Ihenacho is definitely still feeling that injury, he is not playing at anywhere near the level he did before he got hurt. He looks slower and tentative out there, out of place in coverage and doesn't get into the run game with as much speed and authority as he did earlier.

Comment

I loved the Champ pick on the 2 point try, picks off the ball, gets feet down, then hands the ball to the ref "here you go broseph, I have done this a million times before, you have a ball".

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
          1. Chris Kuper showing snap off the ball, chipping DL then going to the 2nd level. Extremely active in pass-blocking, sells out on every single play. Nobody to block? No problem. Kuper wiill blindside closest Defender, helping out fellow OL. Powerful man, true warrior, innate skill. No evidence of ankle during the game.

2. Sean Phillips, close to sack, penetrate deep on outside run. Two tipped passes for two INT's. That's what you call a double double.

3. Vickerson, continues to impress against the run. Not many guys as big and powerful as he is.

4. Ihenacho where are you? Missing the impact plays that we saw at the start of the year.

5. Mike Adams pass defense to break up Blackmon sure TD on 4th down, Jags last drive. Deserves more playing time.

6. DRC swats away a bomb. Tends to show same intensity as fellow defenders. Still having trouble with assignments on certain plays. Have no fear, he'll turn it up as overall intensity of Defense rises.

7. Manning hit 5 times on first two drives, leading to alteration of game plan. This is all on the OL.

8. Glad to see Sylvester Williams with a good penetration and TFL. Showing evidence of life.

9. Kayvon Webster with a nice run stop and INT off a tipped ball.

10. Glad Tony Carter did not sniff the field (I hate his lackadaisical play, which brings the whole Defense down). Thank you Kayvon Webster.

11. Great plays by Malik Jackson to go unblocked for 2 sacks.

12. Moreno drags 3 Jaguars into the endzone 3rd TD of the day was right behind Kuper (who blew his man 3 yards off the ball) Knowshon another beast of a game with key conversions.

13. Nice tackle for minimal game from Nate Irving at MLB. Nate Irving just keeps getting better. Glad to see his progress. He's played admirably during
          Von's suspension.

14. Wolfe actually showed some speed around the edge, with a couple hits on Henne. He's shown progress at RDE during Von's absence, harrassing Henne with late touches, and forcing dump-off's.

15. Bailey's back. Signature pass break-ups give me hope that he can return to similar form. He says he'll always have pain, but he played better than I thought he would.

16. I think Montee Ball would be a better football player if he spent a month in jail, hard time. The dude just needs some major seasoning.

17. Danny Trev has 3 Int's in first 6 games.

18. Welcome back Von.

And you feel jail is the place to require seasoning rather than allow time and experience to take its course?

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
            And you feel jail is the place to require seasoning rather than allow time and experience to take its course?

Price lives in Texas. Jail is always the answer when someone isn't doing what you want them to.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
              Price lives in Texas. Jail is always the answer when someone isn't doing what you want them to.
              Congrats, You have passed the police training academy test - now on to the physical test.

Comment

lulz.

Comment

As for time, we don't have any time.

So, experience could be had a number of ways:
                  1. A month in the penitentiary would certainly slap the silly off his face
                  2. Drop him off at the bottom of the Grand Canyon with a burro, and no water
                  3. Get him drunk, give him a sombrero and a backpack full of coke, and buy him a bus ticket to Juarez
                  4. Make him live in 5 points Section 8 housing for the winter
                  5. Give him a job cleaning off the lunch tables everyday at Dove Valley for the rest of the season.

Comment

good to see Kuper back

Maybe when Franklin gets back Kupe can slide over to LG

Comment

Did Malik play on the edge like I thought he would or was he strictly interior?

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post
                        Did Malik play on the edge like I thought he would or was he strictly interior?
                        Malik played 29 snaps at DE and probably 20-25 snaps at DT (3-tech).

At DE Jackson had:
                        4.5 tackles (including 2 TFL's)
                        1 tipped ball
                        1 sack (unblocked)

Jackson held the edge well (on running plays toward him), and had good pursuit to the opposite side. He didn't have any QB pressures from DE, (except the 1 unblocked sack).

For anybody who cares, Wolfe played ZERO snaps at DT, and played almost exclusively at RDE (except when Jackson spelled him).

Comment

<---- (location bozo)

Comment

Originally posted by gyldenlove View Post
                            Ihenacho is definitely still feeling that injury, he is not playing at anywhere near the level he did before he got hurt. He looks slower and tentative out there, out of place in coverage and doesn't get into the run game with as much speed and authority as he did earlier.
                            I don't think it's all about the injury. If he was that bad off they wouldn't play him as much as they have. He's just in a funk right now. When I saw him totally whiff on that running play I was like, wtf? Just took a horrible angle and a few other times he took poor angles too, getting walled up inside when the run bounced outside. Hopefully he rounds back into his earlier form.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't get that either. That's some stupid logic there.

Comment

Working...
                              X