Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Von Miller: "I apologize for all the troubles or pain I've given Broncos fans..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Miller: "I apologize for all the troubles or pain I've given Broncos fans..."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ent-by-fast-it

Some excerpts:

"It hasn't gone by fast, though," he said during a sitdown interview with The Denver Post. "A lot of people have said it went by fast. It hasn't. It wasn't easy. And I don't want to get away from that. I want to stay with that focus that it's not easy."

As Miller walked into the interview wearing a long-sleeve, white athletic shirt, dark sweat pants and his trademark eyeglasses, the immediate impression was he had been hitting the weight room. He's up to 262 pounds — he started his rookie season at 246 pounds — but he has lost 2 percent of body fat, which now measures at a sculpted 10 percent.

"I still move like a wildcat," Miller said. "I'm still quick. I'm still going to cover guys. I'm in the best shape of my life. Emotionally I'm in a very good place. Nutrition, I've stepped it up. Usually during the season you get away from it because everything is moving so fast."

For clarity, Miller's troubles had nothing to do with performance-enhancing drugs. Because

He has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, Miller has a therapeutic use exemption for Adderall.
    "Since my freshman year in college," he said.

"I don't have a substance-abuse problem," he said. "I feel like I've definitely made some mistakes in the past. I can't shy away from that. But I'm working hard to fix it. I'm working hard to gain everybody's trust back. All I can ask is people judge me from my actions going forward. I'm working hard to gain trust back. I'm very confident I'll be able to do that."

"I apologize for all the troubles or pain I've given Broncos fans or anybody who is close to me. Nobody feels worse about this than me. The good thing about it is I have an opportunity to fix all this stuff.

"To the kids and anybody who looks up to me, this could show them how you go from zero to 60 back down to zero."
    Last edited by Action; 10-14-2013, 07:59 AM.

I hope Von Miller comes back and starts playing at his elite level...while staying out of trouble of course...so all the fans can ride his jock again.

Will be bumping that knee jerk thread soon with all the "sky is falling" fans talking about Von Miller's career being toast and trying to criticize me for supporting Von Miller.

I'm still laughing about those "our family won't be supporting Von Miller" fans.

CAN'T WAIT.

CAN'T ****IN WAIT

Comment

Welcome back Von. You have some work to do.

Comment

We weathered the storm, and now he's back.

Wreak havoc, Von.

Comment

LET LOOSE THE KRACKEN!!!!!!!

Comment

Von is back!

Comment

Hearing a lot of chatter on various radio shows that people expect Von to come back and play a lot more DE than SAM based on his weight and the fact that he lined up exclusively as DE in the last preseason game.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                Hearing a lot of chatter on various radio shows that people expect Von to come back and play a lot more DE than SAM based on his weight and the fact that he lined up exclusively as DE in the last preseason game.
                That's odd, considering they drafted him as an OLB, started him up last year in the same scheme as an OLB while splitting time, and then proceeded to ask him to gain weight...so with this logic, did they ask him to gain weight to be a DE?

I think not. He's too good of a OLB to not use his talents in both positions.

Then again, it's just the radio.

Comment

Last year he was FAR more effective standing up. I can't imagine they'd change a thing.

Comment

I'll be happy to see him terrorizing QB's once again.

Comment

Broncos have to cut someone to make room...probably Adrian Robinson.

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
                        Last year he was FAR more effective standing up. I can't imagine they'd change a thing.
                        Yeah, his pass rushing technique is specialized with his hands off the ground...matter of fact, Von Miller has rarely played with his hands on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                          Broncos have to cut someone to make room...probably Adrian Robinson.
                          My guess is Quentin Jammer

Comment

All I can say is that it's perfect timing!

Comment

Andrew Luck?
                              Von Miller.
                              Von Miller?
                              Andrew Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X