Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts to Honor Peyton Week 7

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...broncos-week-7

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Colts will not give quarterback Peyton Manning the cold shoulder when he returns to Lucas Oil Stadium with the Denver Broncos on Oct. 20.

The Colts plan to honor Manning for his 14 seasons with the organization when the Colts and Broncos play in Week 7, owner Jim Irsay told USA Today Sports.

"We're going to have a great tribute to him," Irsay told the newspaper. "It's going to be something where you go into it wanting to have a lot of fun, where you love Peyton as a Colt fan, but now we're competing against him."

Details of the tribute, which will include a lot of cheers -- and possibly tears -- from what will be a sold-out stadium, have yet to be finalized.

I don't see how we lose this game.

Good for them. I know a ton of people on this board will inevitably have a problem with this, but he deserves it.

Comment

**** the faithless Colts. You turned your back on Manning, now reap the whirlwind.

Comment

Originally posted by LRtagger View Post
        Really? The Colts beat the Niners in Candlestick and the then-perfect Seahawks. They're a clutch team and will be at home. I wouldn't be totally shocked if we lost that game.

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
          **** the faithless Colts. You turned your back on Manning, now reap the whirlwind.
          They made a business decision that ultimately has benefited them, and us......there was no way they could have kept Manning and draft Luck #1 overall.

We get the short term benefit of 3-5 years, they get what seems like yet another franchise QB for the next 10-15 barring injury.

Comment

The irony here is, I could see our D winning this game for us...

Comment

Von Miller may cause Luck to explode into confetti

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                Really? The Colts beat the Niners in Candlestick and the then-perfect Seahawks. They're a clutch team and will be at home. I wouldn't be totally shocked if we lost that game.
                No doubt this game will be a huge challenge for us. Of course our O is alot better then SF and Seattle's but, D's are better. I'm glad Miller can play in this one.
                Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 10-10-2013, 11:06 AM.

Comment

I think you'll see a lot of orange #18 jerseys in the stands. Sure, Luck MIGHT be a great QB, but, Manning is solidifying himself as the GOAT, while putting up god-like numbers as a Bronco. If I was a Colts fan, I'd feel pretty torn-up about that.

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
                    They made a business decision that ultimately has benefited them, and us......there was no way they could have kept Manning and draft Luck #1 overall.

We get the short term benefit of 3-5 years, they get what seems like yet another franchise QB for the next 10-15 barring injury.
                    Ya.. it's hard to argue with the decision. They're going to win another superbowl and probably more with Luck at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post

Think again -- they could have kept Manning, and traded the Andrew Luck pick for far more than the Rams traded away the Griffin Pick. Probably three #1 picks and 2 #2 picks at a minimum.

Could the Colts have made a run at the Super Bowl with Manning at the helm along with that bounty?

Again -- **** the Colts, teams without loyalty get what they deserve.

Comment

If we let the Colt's WR's run wild like we did the Cowboys WR's? Very good chance we lose our first game of the season...but I just think we will win because Manning is the master and Luck is still the pupil....not to mention we should be much healthier too.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                          How funny would it be if at the post-game handshake Peyton and Luck just start making out instead?

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                            Think again -- they could have kept Manning, and traded the Andrew Luck pick for far more than the Rams traded away the Griffin Pick. Probably three #1 picks and 2 #2 picks at a minimum.

Could the Colts have made a run at the Super Bowl with Manning at the helm along with that bounty?

Again -- **** the Colts, teams without loyalty get what they deserve.
                            Yes, because the last time they traded away arguably the once in a lifetime #1 overall pick Stanford QB it worked out so well for them.

they got a Pro bowl player in Chris Hinton and two #1's.....they then wallowed in obscurity for many moons.

Comment

I wouldn't be totally shocked if we won or lost. Colts are a very good team. We are a very good team.

Ultimately, though, the Colts haven't played offensive juggernauts like us. The Niners and Seahawks are primarily defensive first teams. We are absolutely offensive first. So can Luck and Trent outscore Manning and Knowshon?

Also - you say its at home, but won't a lot of that home field advantage be lost based on Manning returning to his NFL hometown? With a friggin Tribute built up for HIM? With many fans irritated that the Colts cut him lose? With many who love Manning as much as their whole team? How many blue 18s will be in the stands with the Broncos orange 18s?

I actually wonder if when Manning lines up under Center and waives his hands to quite the crowd down and if they won't actually do just that. He has been getting Colts fans to quite down for him for a long time. They probably won't do the waive.
                              Last edited by Irish Stout; 10-10-2013, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X