Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You could make the argument that Manning has weakest arm in the league.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You could make the argument that Manning has weakest arm in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200..._atl_rosenthal

I don't think there is any doubt is there? Who has a weaker arm?

I think we can say arm strength is important if you are hesitant on your throws and you throw the ball late. If you know where you want to throw it and throw it on time and have accuracy you do not need a strong arm.

Comment

Lack of arm strength results in an inability to push the ball down the field or hit tight windows. Manning exhibits none of these issues. And besides, his passes have always "fluttered".

Comment

I think he has a stronger arm then a number of QB's. He's not Aaron Rodgers, but he's not Alex Smith either.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
          Who has a weaker arm?
          Alex Smith

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
            Alex Smith
            I have no idea.

Comment

Is Kyle Orton still in the league?

Comment

Throwing a tight spiral on a deep ball is not particularly about arm strength. The two give aways when it comes to limited arm strength is upper body rotation on deep balls and elevation on intermediate and deep throws.

Jay Cutler and Mike Vick, two guys with arm strength to spare can throw almost perfectly level fast balls 15-20 yards down field, that is because they have a ton of strength behind their throws. If your intermediate passes tend to need to get air under them that is limited arm strength. Drew Brees throws a fantastic football, but he can't zip the ball 20 yards without needing to give it a bit of elevation, the same is true for Philip Rivers and Tony Romo and Peyton Manning.

The other tell-tale sign of poor arm strength is a hurling motion on deep balls, Kyle Orton did that a lot when he went downtown, he would rotate his upper body during the throw and almost throw his shoulder into the action - it generates more power on the ball but it does lose you a lot of accuracy.

Manning doesn't have the laser rocket arm, but he is by no means the weakest QB in the league, the wobbly spiral on his deep passes has more to do with touch and finger placement when uncorking it, which could still be a result of nerve damage and loss of tactile response.

Comment

Originally posted by gyldenlove View Post
                  Throwing a tight spiral on a deep ball is not particularly about arm strength. The two give aways when it comes to limited arm strength is upper body rotation on deep balls and elevation on intermediate and deep throws.

Jay Cutler and Mike Vick, two guys with arm strength to spare can throw almost perfectly level fast balls 15-20 yards down field, that is because they have a ton of strength behind their throws. If your intermediate passes tend to need to get air under them that is limited arm strength. Drew Brees throws a fantastic football, but he can't zip the ball 20 yards without needing to give it a bit of elevation, the same is true for Philip Rivers and Tony Romo and Peyton Manning.

The other tell-tale sign of poor arm strength is a hurling motion on deep balls, Kyle Orton did that a lot when he went downtown, he would rotate his upper body during the throw and almost throw his shoulder into the action - it generates more power on the ball but it does lose you a lot of accuracy.

Manning doesn't have the laser rocket arm, but he is by no means the weakest QB in the league, the wobbly spiral on his deep passes has more to do with touch and finger placement when uncorking it, which could still be a result of nerve damage and loss of tactile response.
                  The article said weakest arm of any starting QB. If he doesn't have the weakest than he is in the top 3, but like I said who cares. He's the GOAT weak arm and all.

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post
                    Is Kyle Orton still in the league?
                    Yep, crying in Dallas wearing a pretend number 18.

As far as Peyton's arm strength I DON'T CARE.

Comment

Cutler has a stronger arm than Peyton. But who's the better QB? End thread

Comment

Ponder has a weaker arm.

Comment

It doesnt matter where he ranks compared other players

What matters is does he have enough strength left so that he can still make all the throws

I would have to say the answer to that is yes
                          He doesnt have a cannon, but I dont see him struggling to push the ball down the field
                          That 50 yard pass to Decker against the eagles tells me he still has has enough left to do damage

my guess is this guy is saying that because of the way Manning's passes "flutter" or "wobble"

They have always done that

Comment

370+ ypg, 4 tds passing a game...

Think his arm is ok.

Comment

And Montana had a below average arm and wasn't so bad

Comment

Working...
                              X