Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Los Angeles Chargers? MNF could see its first blackout in thirteen years!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Los Angeles Chargers? MNF could see its first blackout in thirteen years!

    Those diehard Chargers fans! Their team is decent. Their offense is actually pretty good! They're playing in prime time against one of the best young QBs in the league. Let's face it - they're not winning the division. But, at this point, a wild card is far from being out of the question.

    Aaaaand, they're about to get blacked out.

    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...olts-blackout/

    No Monday Night Football game has been blacked out in more than 13 years.

    That streak may be in danger of soon ending.

    The Chargers have more than 10,000 general tickets unsold for next Monday's game against the Colts, a team spokesman said Monday. While very rare for a prime-time game not to be broadcast in its local market, the risk is considered possible for San Diego and its greater area, given the scale of tickets still available.

    Atlanta was the last market to miss a Monday Night Football game. A regular-season finale between the Falcons and 49ers went unseen to local residents on Jan. 3, 2000. (More at link)

  • #2
    There are no real blackouts anymore. But the game won't be blacked out on TV.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by boltaneer View Post
      There are no real blackouts anymore. But the game won't be blacked out on TV.
      A charger fan would know the ins and outs of blackouts.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by boltaneer View Post
        There are no real blackouts anymore. But the game won't be blacked out on TV.
        You have said something that has gone over my head! What is the meaning of your statement, good sir?

        Comment


        • #5
          What's football?

          Comment


          • #6
            From the team that needed an extension of 24 hours to sell out their playoff home game a half decade ago. I give you the San Diego Chargers.

            Maybe Monday is a chance of drizzle and they are staying inside for safe keeping.

            What a bunch of panzies. I assume I will be getting another cheap, single ticket for this year's matchup vs. the Broncos.

            Comment


            • #7
              They'll sell 10,000 before the deadline. Someone will buy them up.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                A charger fan would know the ins and outs of blackouts.
                I laugh at blackouts. They don't exist.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                  From the team that needed an extension of 24 hours to sell out their playoff home game a half decade ago. I give you the San Diego Chargers.

                  Maybe Monday is a chance of drizzle and they are staying inside for safe keeping.

                  What a bunch of panzies. I assume I will be getting another cheap, single ticket for this year's matchup vs. the Broncos.
                  Not from Ticketmaster. I tried to get a ticket to the same game a couple of months ago, and they are requiring you buy a packet of games. This is one more reason they are not selling out; fans of other teams don't want to buy tickets to games they have no interest in.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                    Not from Ticketmaster. I tried to get a ticket to the same game a couple of months ago, and they are requiring you buy a packet of games. This is one more reason they are not selling out; fans of other teams don't want to buy tickets to games they have no interest in.
                    One word: Scalper

                    Before the game the last two seasons, I have got a $40 upper and last season a $60 plaza level seat. Minutes before game time.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                      One word: Scalper

                      Before the game the last two seasons, I have got a $40 upper and last season a $60 plaza level seat. Minutes before game time.
                      That'll work too!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by boltaneer View Post
                        There are no real blackouts anymore. But the game won't be blacked out on TV.
                        Buffalo is blacked out for the Bengals...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by B-Large View Post
                          Buffalo is blacked out for the Bengals...
                          might be best just to give Canada our Buffalo so we can start the expansion movement for the NFL.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                            might be best just to give Canada our Buffalo so we can start the expansion movement for the NFL.
                            They already play home games there.... I would not be surprised in the least if he Bills ended up between Toronto and Hamilton when Ralph Wilson's dies... I was at the Titans game last year, I'd say half the people in the stands were wearing Roots sweatshirts and saying "Fitzpatrick sucks, eh?".... Lol.... Poor people of WNY, but Buffalo is a mess...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by boltaneer View Post
                              I laugh at blackouts. They don't exist.
                              this explains exactly zero of my Saturday nights

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X