X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ihenacho one of worst safties in NFL

in pass coverage.

http://milehighmaniac.com/2013/10/08...m_medium=email

Considering Denver has only played one top notch passing tem so far and the defense got throttled this could be an issue. Good thing Champ is coming back.

Eddddd Reeeeeeeddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
      in pass coverage.

http://milehighmaniac.com/2013/10/08...m_medium=email

Considering Denver has only played one top notch passing tem so far and the defense got throttled this could be an issue. Good thing Champ is coming back.
      That's based on week 5.

Broncos fans have become incredibly spoiled. We've won so many regular season games in a row, we (and others) start trying to find as much fault with the team as possible, and then get all worried when we discover the team isn't flawless (as if there's another team in the league that is)

Of course we have flaws, but none of them are fatal. If we stay healthy, we'll have as good a chance as anyone.

Comment

The whole secondary looked terrible last week.

Ihenacho has been dealing with a bunch of nagging injuries as well, hasn't showed the explosiveness we saw in the preseason.

Comment

Carter should be among the worst as well.

Comment

I'll take me some Nacho any day.

Comment

I think the torching of the secondary starts up front with the defensive line for the Broncos. Romo had all day to stand in the pocket and wing the ball around. I do think the secondary played bad as well but if the Broncos defensive front isn't pressuring the QB it just makes the secondary's job that much harder.

Comment

Thread title is incredibly hyperbolic.

Comment

a. everyone was terrible against dallas
                  b. hes a 2nd year undrafted FA in his first year starting
                  c. everyone was terrible against dallas

Comment

Whenever an article cites ProFootballFocus you can just stop reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Boy View Post
                      Whenever an article cites ProFootballFocus you can just stop reading.
                      Why? What's wrong with their analysis in your mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                        I think the torching of the secondary starts up front with the defensive line for the Broncos. Romo had all day to stand in the pocket and wing the ball around. I do think the secondary played bad as well but if the Broncos defensive front isn't pressuring the QB it just makes the secondary's job that much harder.
                        Yep. There were times where I was counting seconds romo was just standing there. Several over 5 while the their Oline was just stuck to the rushers. Coverages are gonna weaken taking that long. Someone gets open

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                          Yep. There were times where I was counting seconds romo was just standing there. Several over 5 while the their Oline was just stuck to the rushers. Coverages are gonna weaken taking that long. Someone gets open
                          +1 more. The secondary did indeed struggle but this certainly contributed to it.

I hope Von's presence is enough to get us back to respectability in terms of D-line pressure. Not just the sacks but cutting 2-3 seconds off the QB's available time to digest the D.

Comment

We sacked Romo four times. And got some pressures that he played houdini on. I think this had more to do with poor coverage.

Comment

The article correcting points out just how bad Tony Carter is. He is fast and all, but the dude CAN NOT cover and isn't a great tackler. Carter was covering Cowboy's scrawny Beasley last week Q1 third down, had him stopped well behind the first down marker, and he was able to escaped Carter's grasp. I hate when he is on the field, he just seems to have a knack for creating big plays.

Secondary will look much improved Broncos can get Irving gets less snaps (although he is great vs the run from what Ive seen) and actually create a pass rush with Von. I look forward to the Von/Phillips stunt blitzes. No more 5-6 seconds for guys like Romo to throw the ball. Last week was atrocious.
                              Last edited by IA-Broncosfan53; 10-09-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X