Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Sleep on the Jags

Ok, maybe an overdramatic title but...

Obviously the offense should roll and destroy this team. Still, I think this game is more important than people think. Not because of the potential outcome (which it would really be a stretch to say is in any serious doubt) but because of what happened against the Cowboys.

This team averages 251 yards and 10.2 points per game and regardless of what our O racks up, I'm really hoping we can keep them at or below those totals.

It's easy to say the Cowboys game was an anomaly: career game for Romo, five D-starters out, etc. but the truth is we've given up a crap-ton of yards and points and at some point we've got to stiffen up or this becomes a habit.

Letting Jacksonville hang with us or light up the scoreboard in any way would be a bad sign of things to come because it really starts to reinforce the notion that this is a soft D (which I think is not the case, despite the numbers). Not only would the media and other teams pounce on the sign of weakness, I'd also have to think our guys would start to believe it at some point too.

Come on D, show up on Sunday, keep the Jags to 10 points or less.

If the jags score into the 30s(by the offense) on the road no doubt a magnifying glass would be put on this defense by everyone, not just the media.

Comment

Henne's had his share of big passing days. He's no Romo but Shorts and Blackmon ain't exactly scrubs. I think we make sure the running game is stopped, make 'em one dimensional, and get after Henne hard. Only problem is that pass rush isn't what it could be right now and injuries dot the defense. We just might give up some big plays on Sunday, but it should be, at worst, a boat race where we exchange td's for their fg's.

42-21

Comment

Henne gives them the best chance to win...which is 1%.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
          Henne's had his share of big passing days. He's no Romo but Shorts and Blackmon ain't exactly scrubs. I think we make sure the running game is stopped, make 'em one dimensional, and get after Henne hard. Only problem is that pass rush isn't what it could be right now and injuries dot the defense. We just might give up some big plays on Sunday, but it should be, at worst, a boat race where we exchange td's for their fg's.

42-21
          Not to throw a stone at you, but them getting field goals is hard to end up at 21?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
            Not to throw a stone at you, but them getting field goals is hard to end up at 21?
            Ummmm....

Comment

7 fg's?

Comment

7 X 3!

Comment

Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
                  7 fg's?
                  Has anyone in history hit 7 field goals in a game?

Hence why I said its hard?

Comment

The other thing is that you've got to think the Jags will be hungry. How much must it suck in that locker room every week hearing you're the worst team ever?

Comment

Has anyone in history hit 7 field goals in a game?

Hence why I said its hard?
                      Not to be an ass, but it looked to me like you were asking how they would get to 21 with just field goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                        Henne gives them the best chance to win...which is 1%.
                        So you're telling me there's a chance...

Comment

Originally posted by OldschoolFreak View Post
                          The other thing is that you've got to think the Jags will be hungry. How much must it suck in that locker room every week hearing you're the worst team ever?
                          They can feast on their own tears and misery.

Comment

Why should the Broncos give a **** what the media thinks of them? It's not college, you don't have to win with style points

Comment

FO has this year's Jags with the worst DVOA of any team in history through 5 games. Second worst defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X