Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by i4jelway7 View Post
    Sadly he will be cut when Von comes back
    Nah I think Jammer gets the axe before Robinson, especially with Bailey returning

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
      I still don't get why Romo makes that throw. Look to the left. Demarco is wide open for the dump off with what looks to be a lot of open field in front of him.
      Agreed. Murray was wide open, and would have gotten more yards.
      Thanks, Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
        He should have thrown it to the check down RB. He was not covered. Plus it was only 2nd down.

Romo tried to force a throw to show his heroics and like allways, it cost his team a possible win.

Good for us though.
        There was time on the clock, our D was beat up and pourous... the better choice would have been the 4-5 yards on the check down.

It is always situational, to me, you go conservative on that drive and get into field goal position...

Comment

Thanks KevinJames for the Robinson acknowledgement. I had no idea he was even in on that play.

Like some have said, I credit Trevathan with a great play more than Romo for a bad INT. Yes, he could have checked it down, but Escobar was open after he broke right and most of the time that's a completed pass. But Trevathan, recovered much quicker than anyone expected and closed like a ****ing rocket. Even then he had to make a tremendous diving interception.
          Last edited by Steve Prefontaine; 10-08-2013, 09:14 AM.

Comment

I think another unsung hero was Shaun Phillips. On the play prior to the intercept, Shaun sacked Romo, putting the cowpokers in the hole and giving Romo a case of the happy feet on the next play.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
              I think another unsung hero was Shaun Phillips. On the play prior to the intercept, Shaun sacked Romo, putting the cowpokers in the hole and giving Romo a case of the happy feet on the next play.
              If I remember right, that was pretty much a coverage sack. Like most the sacks we're getting this year.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
                Indeed. Props to Adrian Robinson. Without him collapsing the left side of that pocket, Romo never throws that pick.
                Romo throws that pick because that's what he does ....... it's how he rolls.

Comment

Tony Romo's interception heard around the NFL world never should have been thrown, according to Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett.

Speaking to reporters Monday, Garrett said Romo should have checked the ball down to running back DeMarco Murray rather than try to squeeze it to tight end Gavin Escobar.

After the game, which can be seen again at 9 p.m. ET Wednesday on NFL Network, Romo said he didn't put the ball where he wanted. But Garrett is right that the decision, not the accuracy, was the bigger problem.
                  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...int-coach-says

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                    What happy feet...?

Happy feet sometimes just refers to a state of mind. I'll have my attorney file a brief.

Comment

This is such monday morning quarterbacking at its finest.

Tony Romo. The first QB in history to make an incorrect read while avoiding a checkdown.

Comment

That **** didn't alter his pass. T made a hell of a play because that ball was right on the money.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                          What happy feet...?

After looking at it again, I would say that The DT coming up the middle and being double teamed had a significantly bigger effect on the pass than Robinson, but I see what he's saying about the LT's foot tripping up Romo slightly.

Comment

They were breaking down this play and talking about this very thing on NFL Primetime last night and talking about how it was A) a bad decision and B) he couldn't step in to the throw because Robinson had pushed the LT back into Romo's feet.

They gave big props to Robinson.

Comment

There was nothing wrong with that throw. I think his inability to step into it prevented it from getting there faster and a bit further out in front of the receiver, but it was more a good play by Trevathan. He sold out to pick the ball.

Comment

Put me mostly in the 'poor decision' column. If Romo led him any more, The Dream was waiting to light him up.

Pretty tight window to chance it deep in your own territory during a late game tie.

Man did Trevathan break on the ball though.
                                Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 10-08-2013, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X