Tony Romo respect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Romo respect

Now that some time has passed and my asshole has de-clenched, I'd like to say that I've never had much respect for Tony Romo, but he played a HELL of a game yesterday. I have not seen many QBs be as accurate, not to mention precise, as he was yesterday. I'll no longer be calling him Tony Homo.

But, in true Romo fashion, INT at a crucial moment of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by hades View Post
      Yeah, that was pretty ill-timed. But Trevathan made a HELL of a play on that ball:

Comment

Well, yeah...but it's not entirely fair that he gets the lion's share of the blame here versus the defense.

If we lose that game, our defense is blamed.

Comment

Romo was ****ing awesome yesterday. He was houdini in the pocket and was hitting guys with pinpoint accuracy all day long. People hate on Tony Carter without mentioning that Romo threw an absolute perfect ball.

Aside from the pick, he played as close to perfect as you'll see a QB play.

And he still lost.

Comment

So many of those passes were just perfect. The defense had it's holes....but some of those huge plays were simply perfect passes, it's hard to defend the perfect pass. A few of the shorter ones were miraculous as well, running and falling away from defenders and right on the money to moving targets.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post
              Yeah, that was pretty ill-timed. But Trevathan made a HELL of a play on that ball:

While true, I don't care! L O L
              Romo threw an INT is all I care about!

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post

Wow. I was impressed with the play when I saw it - cut under, dive and catch is awesome - but check out Trevathan taking a step or 2 to the other side when the TE makes his cut and then he recovers and makes the play.

Comment

Not sure why people always hate on Romo. You'd think people who watch enough football would know better by now.

Comment

any qb who throws for 500+ yards and 5 TD's, yet still loses, cannot be blamed. late pick or not, the fact that he scored 48 pts and needed to come from behind to win is ridiculous. (same with our team, for that matter). if peyton didnt come back to win he wouldnt take ANY blame after his game, and his stats were not as good as romos.

Comment

I can't stand Dallas. Why couldn't Romo play this way against kc? Where was Dez Bryant then? Where was Witten? They are such an inconsistent team. They should be running away from the pack in the NFCE yet they just refuse to play consistently good football. They have an epic game agains the Broncos for absolutely no apparent reason other than they want to prove to everyone that they are better than the Broncos. All they have to do is have this attitude every single game and they'd be a force to be reckoned with.

Comment

A friend of mine is a Cowboy fan. He is sick of Romo and has for a few years now and doesn't see them ever going far with him at QB. He says he can look great for stretches of games, but makes the critical mistake in big games too often and right on cue, does it again yesterday. When one looks at his career, bad things seem to happen to him when all eyes are on him. He reminds me of Danny White, another Dallas QB who put up really good numbers, but never could get his team to the Super Bowl.

Comment

Living here in the DFW area, I HATE the Cowboys! I'm glad he tossed a pick to end their drive/chance to go ahead. Romo is consistent in his brain farts to cost him a chance to either win, or give his FG kicker a chance to win.

Prior to that, sure, he did great, but all it takes is one bad throw as we saw!

Comment

Romo completely reminds me of Plummer, both the good and the bad. Romo, I think, is a little more talented (or at least gives a crap in practice to account for the difference) and has much better weapons around him. Can play lights out or throw 4 picks. Plays great only to have a bone head late game mishap (though Jake's got the edge here).

Comment

Living here in the DFW area, I HATE the Cowboys! I'm glad he tossed a pick to end their drive/chance to go ahead. Romo is consistent in his brain farts to cost him a chance to either win, or give his FG kicker a chance to win.

Prior to that, sure, he did great, but all it takes is one bad throw as we saw!
                              Not a great throw, but a hell of a play by big Danny T. If he drops that pick, i doubt anyone holds it against him.

Comment

Working...
                              X