About the Jaguars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the Jaguars

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The Broncos scored 51 points today ... the Jaguars have 51 points all season</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/statuses/387013128401068032">October 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think Denver will get their 35 points in the first half and rest Manning. They might not cover the spread.

Comment

The Jags are going to be atomized.

Comment

Like in the preseason, just hope no one gets hurt in this one.

Comment

Has an NFL team ever scored 50+ in three straight weeks? May not happen if the Jags don't score a couple times and Denver calls off the dogs. Then again, you can try to grind out the clock against Jacksonville to be classy and still ended up being gifted 21 points off turnovers by whatever warm body they have under center.

Anger v. Holliday will be a real battle to watch...

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
            I think Denver will get their 35 points in the first half and rest Manning. They might not cover the spread.
            I agree very much with this...i think Brock sees a lot of PT

Comment

Originally posted by Kid A View Post
              Has an NFL team ever scored 50+ in three straight weeks? May not happen if the Jags don't score a couple times and Denver calls off the dogs. Then again, you can try to grind out the clock against Jacksonville to be classy and still ended up being gifted 21 points off turnovers by whatever warm body they have under center.

Anger v. Holliday will be a real battle to watch...
              Nope, the Broncos became the 4th team to do it back to back weeks (Seahawks last year are the only other post-merger to do it)

Comment

What's the line at? Rumor was we were going to open 28 point favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...onville/22263/

Comment

A friend who gambles texted me last night to say that it opened at 28

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                      A friend who gambles texted me last night to say that it opened at 28
                      That's a huge spread. Seriously that's like an Alabama versus Georgia State type spread. And with the defensive fail we showed, I am not surprised people are taking the Jags to cover.

Comment

Biggest spread in NFL history.

Good chance to rest some starters this week.

Comment

That's a huge spread. Seriously that's like an Alabama versus Georgia State type spread. And with the defensive fail we showed, I am not surprised people are taking the Jags to cover.
                          Vegas' goal is to set the spread so exactly half of the money is on each side of the line. When you bet, you don't quite get 2:1 odds (more like 1.9:1, so you bet $100 to win $90 approximately) so Vegas eats up that ~10%.

NFL is different from college because all you need to do is win, there is not a ranking scheme. BCS requires great teams to absolutely blow out poor teams or you drop in ranking. I would be very surprised to see the Broncos cover the spread with John Fox as our coach instead of Carrol/Belichek.

Comment

If the game literally started with the jags up 28-0 I'd love to bet the Broncos. But after yesterday and with Indy coming, we just treat this with a get out with a comfortable win and hope no one gets hurt mentality. We can really choose what we want the score to be. But I think 35-10 or 17 is pretty likely. Bad bad bad betting game.
                            Last edited by spdirty; 10-07-2013, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I'd pass on this one.

Jags are obviously pretty crap, but if we are resting guys on D, they can probably score a few too. I think the broncos win easily, but im wouldnt feel comfortable spotting 28

Comment

Working...
                              X