Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gunfight at the O.K. Corall: Game Notes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gunfight at the O.K. Corall: Game Notes

    1. Trevathan stepped up when no one else would
    2. Quentin Jammer please pick up the red courtesy telephone.
    3. Shaun Phillips 2 sacks in his first game as starter for the Broncs, including a crucial one on the last drive.
    4. Message to Jack: If you're going to play Knighton and Vickerson a majority of time at DT, please don't play zone coverage.
    5. Give credit to Robert Ayers and Malik Jackson, you can count on these guys for a couple big plays per game.
    6. Good for Wolfe to show up late in the game with 2 pressures up the gut on the last drive (forcing the throw into INT). Good things happen when he's at 3-tech.
    7. If anyone wondered why Nate Irving will never be starting MIKE, ask no longer.
    8. Great forced fumble by Kayvon Webster, bad to let 'Boys in FG range on 45 yard bomb at end of half.
    9. Other than bomb to Dez, DRC played a solid game. Just a brief lack of concentration.
    10. Harris Jr. please duck your head when you see a missile approaching.
    11. WWIII, please learn how to guard TE's better, you're making me nervous
    12. Well Omar Bolden, you are the weakest link
    13. Hey Tony Carter, if you value you're job, get your head out of your ass. Consider that a last and final warning.

    14. Manning and Co. had the greatest Offensive output of any Bronco game ever, and one of the best Offensively executed games in the history of the NFL.
    Last edited by pricejj; 10-06-2013, 11:23 PM.

  • #2
    Bolden needs to get cut, that guy is awful. Decent speed, no instincts, hasn't flashed anything besides being a liability vs. the pass.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bpc View Post
      Bolden needs to get cut, that guy is awful. Decent speed, no instincts, hasn't flashed anything besides being a liability vs. the pass.
      HE is a good special teams player but he doesn't need to be playing any defense. Can't wait for Champ to return.

      Comment


      • #4
        I pretty much am threw with Tony Carter. Because of one play. The bomb to their rookie, he had it covered good but missed swatting the ball. He then proceeded to just quit and the WR Sprints for a TD.

        Man that disgusted me.

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't think he quit; his coverage and swat attempt were so perfect that he was just surprised the guy caught it. It sucks that the other guy made the catch and run, but the majority of the time that play doesn't happen.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
            I pretty much am threw with Tony Carter. Because of one play. The bomb to their rookie, he had it covered good but missed swatting the ball. He then proceeded to just quit and the WR Sprints for a TD.

            Man that disgusted me.
            That was a stupid play, but he didn't quit. The cowboy is a world class sprinter, Duke was coming at him with a full head of steam and dude still was separating from him.

            Going for the ball was stupid when he had no help over the top. He needs to make that tackle there.

            DRC got caught looking on the long pass to Bryant. Just a bunch of individual bad plays in the secondary yesterday.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
              I pretty much am threw with Tony Carter. Because of one play. The bomb to their rookie, he had it covered good but missed swatting the ball. He then proceeded to just quit and the WR Sprints for a TD.
              I saw somewhere that Nacho deserves some blame for that play. I'll be curious to see if anyone here noted that.

              Comment


              • #8
                I think most felt Dallas would put up points, but some were just so easy. But in reality, it may have helped Manning and the offense in that Dallas scored so quickly and there were not as many long, ball controlled type drives, so the Bronco offense was able to get right back out there.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Game Notes: This is what an NFL touchdown looks like, apparently.

                  Romo scrambles outside the pocket and complete a TD pass to put Dallas 39-38 ahead.

                  1. Notice how their center, 72, is holding so hard that he's able to block Wolfe with just one hand. That one hand happens to be full of Derek's shoulder pad/flap that's pulling so hard that it's giving Wolfe an armpit wedgie.

                  2. Notice how Shaun Phillips (larger yellow circle) seems to be playing without his right shoulder pad? That's because Brian Waters has grabbed and twisted it in so far, it's somewhere under Phillips' chin.

                  Phil Simms called this play "Woah, what great blocking by, errr, Waters."
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jesterhole View Post
                    That was a stupid play, but he didn't quit. The cowboy is a world class sprinter, Duke was coming at him with a full head of steam and dude still was separating from him.

                    Going for the ball was stupid when he had no help over the top. He needs to make that tackle there.

                    DRC got caught looking on the long pass to Bryant. Just a bunch of individual bad plays in the secondary yesterday.
                    To your point, I don't think it would have mattered if he didn't quit, but it was obvious he just let up a little once he realized he didn't bat the ball down. Carter isn't slow by any means himself.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Completely off topic Pricejj but watching 9er/Houston game last night I thought of you. I saw Mr Crick make a few plays and he looked like a solid player especially considering where he was drafted.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by fontaine View Post
                        Game Notes: This is what an NFL touchdown looks like, apparently.

                        Romo scrambles outside the pocket and complete a TD pass to put Dallas 39-38 ahead.

                        1. Notice how their center, 72, is holding so hard that he's able to block Wolfe with just one hand. That one hand happens to be full of Derek's shoulder pad/flap that's pulling so hard that it's giving Wolfe an armpit wedgie.

                        2. Notice how Shaun Phillips (larger yellow circle) seems to be playing without his right shoulder pad? That's because Brian Waters has grabbed and twisted it in so far, it's somewhere under Phillips' chin.

                        Phil Simms called this play "Woah, what great blocking by, errr, Waters."
                        You know what, that photo doesnt really show a whole lot. You can get away with holding if it is on the inside. You cant get your hands outside of a defender or hook him. While it looks like there may be illegal hands to the face going on, that picture actually shows pretty good textbook blocking by Dallas. Not to say they didnt also hold, just not seeing the illegality from the snapshot.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Have to give Adrian Robinson credit on that last Dallas play/int. He pushed Tyrone Smith back right into Romo and Romo's feet sort of tripped up while he threw that int.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Shaun Phillips is on pace for 17 1/2 sacks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by fontaine View Post
                              Game Notes: This is what an NFL touchdown looks like, apparently.

                              Romo scrambles outside the pocket and complete a TD pass to put Dallas 39-38 ahead.

                              1. Notice how their center, 72, is holding so hard that he's able to block Wolfe with just one hand. That one hand happens to be full of Derek's shoulder pad/flap that's pulling so hard that it's giving Wolfe an armpit wedgie.

                              2. Notice how Shaun Phillips (larger yellow circle) seems to be playing without his right shoulder pad? That's because Brian Waters has grabbed and twisted it in so far, it's somewhere under Phillips' chin.

                              Phil Simms called this play "Woah, what great blocking by, errr, Waters."
                              Both of those blocks are legal, though.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X