Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Broncos' Free Agents

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Here is the Trevethan Int.



    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by schaaf View Post
      Do you know what the salary is next year if they exercised the option?
      1.31 million

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
        Ayers will resign for pretty cheap. I think it's highly possible we part ways with Champ and his $14mil salary... and roll with DRC and a much reduced price - along with resigning a lot of others on the list.

        I hope we win it all this year, so Champ can go out in a blaze of glory (pun intended).
        Ayers is on track for 14 sacks if he gets anywhere near that im not to sure

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
          Ayers will resign for pretty cheap. I think it's highly possible we part ways with Champ and his $14mil salary... and roll with DRC and a much reduced price - along with resigning a lot of others on the list.

          I hope we win it all this year, so Champ can go out in a blaze of glory (pun intended).
          Exactly. I hope Champ gets his ring this year and can go out in style. We've been saying we could move him to Safety but with Nacho stepping up and Moore playing well, I think it would probably be better if we didn't resign Champ so that we could use that money to resign all these other dudes we need to. Now if Champ wanted to come back for 1 year deal, say $4M to try and win another ring, I could live with that. But it all depends on how he looks when he returns this year.

          I think we want to resign (Harris, DRC, Woodyard, Nacho, Holliday, Beadles)

          Those are the guys we have to resign. Ayers and Carter could be replaced. I think Jackson is ready to step up another level. He could take over that spot for Ayers and I'd also like to see how that DE we drafted last year looks in camp next year. Carter, I like certain things about his game. I like him to cover the smaller shifty WR's but he's a big time mismatch against the bigger guys these days like (Johnson, Bryant, Fitz, Jones, Green, etc.).

          I would like to see how far along Kuper is too. If he's healthy, maybe sign him to a smaller contract for depth.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by rolandftw View Post
            I do wonder what we do with our tackle situation next year. Chris Clark has shown that he's a NFL caliber starting LT. Obviously, Clady already has shown he is one of the best LT in the NFL. Franklin does a very capable job at RT. Guess that's a good problem to have
            We need to see him with someone other than manning. 1.5seconds average time he held the ball ... i think right there is a major reason to the low sack #'s. Im not saying hes crap. But i reserve the right to withhold judgement so far.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Ateam_Matthews View Post
              I hope the team exercises knowhons club option. Hes playing great really coming into his ownhe had 150 ~ all purpose yards and a td today. Great game
              Not sure what a club option is but he was a big time stud today. That run he had where the guy faced masked him then was holding his arm, and he broke that tackle and still plowed through 2 other dudes for that 1st down. He's catching anything thrown to him, blocking great and running really good right now. If he keeps playing this way, it's going to make alot of people think that he was worth the pick. When he got benched early last year, something must have just clicked in this guy. He's completely a different looking player now, in terms of effort and execution.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                Robert Ayers, Defensive End (UFA)
                Zane Beadles, Offensive Guard (UFA)
                Eric Decker, Wide Receiver (UFA)
                Chris Harris, Cornerback (RFA)
                Chris Kuper, Guard (UFA)
                Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Cornerback (UFA)
                Wesley Woodyard, Linebacker (UFA)

                Link: http://predominantlyorange.com/2013/...m_medium=email
                These are the only guys worth bringing back. We'll have around $10million extra without the rest of the UFAs.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Shaun Phillips is on pace for 17 sacks...I wouldn't mind him on a low 1-2 year contract...who knows he could use this season to leverage some other team for a huge contract.

                  Duke Ihenacho is a must resign at a low rate unless we plan on drafting another safety in his spot.

                  If I had to pick one player to resign, it'd definitely have to be Chris Harris.

                  I believe Eric Decker will resign but it's tough considering they have DT up next year with Wes Welker.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                    Exactly. I hope Champ gets his ring this year and can go out in style. We've been saying we could move him to Safety but with Nacho stepping up and Moore playing well, I think it would probably be better if we didn't resign Champ so that we could use that money to resign all these other dudes we need to. Now if Champ wanted to come back for 1 year deal, say $4M to try and win another ring, I could live with that. But it all depends on how he looks when he returns this year.

                    I think we want to resign (Harris, DRC, Woodyard, Nacho, Holliday, Beadles)

                    Those are the guys we have to resign. Ayers and Carter could be replaced. I think Jackson is ready to step up another level. He could take over that spot for Ayers and I'd also like to see how that DE we drafted last year looks in camp next year. Carter, I like certain things about his game. I like him to cover the smaller shifty WR's but he's a big time mismatch against the bigger guys these days like (Johnson, Bryant, Fitz, Jones, Green, etc.).

                    I would like to see how far along Kuper is too. If he's healthy, maybe sign him to a smaller contract for depth.
                    Did you see the secondary today? Champ is the best CB on the team and still one of the best in the NFL. You gonna cut Champ so you can re-sign DRC? Really?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      This list is missing Moreno because he has a team option and therefore won't be a UFA until that option is declined, but my take on what to do with it would be as follows:

                      1. Carter, Harris, Ihenacho, and Holliday all get team friendly multi-year offers. If any decline they can be retained on their RFA/ERFA tag.

                      2. Unrein, Boren, and Orton are kept on lowest dollar one year tags as camp bodies, need to earn roster spots oncea gain.

                      3. Woodyard, Ayers, Moreno, Beadles, Decker, Kuper, DRC. That's the order I'd want to retain the veterans.

                      Woodyard needs to be locked up, he's a big part of the defense.

                      Ayers looks poised to come into his own now that he's given the starting spot and could be an excellent compliment opposite Von, should be retained if at all financially possible.

                      Moreno is looking like a real play maker in this offense thanks to his versatility, while both Hillman and Ball are more one dimensional backs. I'm not sure if I'd pick up his option (it's only $1.3M in base salary but requires a $5M option bonus), but I'd definitely look to retain him.

                      Beadles is solid, young, and healthy so he adds nice consistency to the line. If he doesn't break the bank he should be retained.

                      Decker is a luxury resign. DT is the big guy they've got to extend before he hits the market in 2015 and Welker is already a well paid WR. Welker's deal was only for three years so they might be able to get Decker to take less up front and have his salary expand when Welker's money is freed up. If the money can work out then go for it, but I'm suspect.

                      Kuper seems like a worthwhile value re-sign as depth where he can continue to develop as a center and potentially challenge for a job next camp. I don't see him being offered a starting guarantee due to his health issues, so if he'd take a modest seven figure sum to be the swing OG/OC with a chance to compete I'd be all for retaining him.

                      DRC is a luxury for a team with Harris, Webster, Bolden, and Carter already under control and Champ as the established vet. If he'll take a reasonable number to stick around that'd be great but I'm betting he'll want more money than the Broncos should spend on a guy who might end up the #4 corner (if Harris and Webster leapfrog him, which seems a distinct possibility).

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Here's a crazy thought....if we can't resign Decker, what would his trade value be worth??

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by JCMElway View Post
                          Here's a crazy thought....if we can't resign Decker, what would his trade value be worth??
                          You cannot trade him at the end of the season. What you wanna trade him in the middle of a title run?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                            You cannot trade him at the end of the season. What you wanna trade him in the middle of a title run?
                            Tag and trade in offseason. (not that I would want to, just saying it's possible)

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Drek View Post
                              This list is missing Moreno because he has a team option and therefore won't be a UFA until that option is declined, but my take on what to do with it would be as follows:

                              1. Carter, Harris, Ihenacho, and Holliday all get team friendly multi-year offers. If any decline they can be retained on their RFA/ERFA tag.

                              2. Unrein, Boren, and Orton are kept on lowest dollar one year tags as camp bodies, need to earn roster spots oncea gain.

                              3. Woodyard, Ayers, Moreno, Beadles, Decker, Kuper, DRC. That's the order I'd want to retain the veterans.

                              Woodyard needs to be locked up, he's a big part of the defense.

                              Ayers looks poised to come into his own now that he's given the starting spot and could be an excellent compliment opposite Von, should be retained if at all financially possible.

                              Moreno is looking like a real play maker in this offense thanks to his versatility, while both Hillman and Ball are more one dimensional backs. I'm not sure if I'd pick up his option (it's only $1.3M in base salary but requires a $5M option bonus), but I'd definitely look to retain him.

                              Beadles is solid, young, and healthy so he adds nice consistency to the line. If he doesn't break the bank he should be retained.

                              Decker is a luxury resign. DT is the big guy they've got to extend before he hits the market in 2015 and Welker is already a well paid WR. Welker's deal was only for three years so they might be able to get Decker to take less up front and have his salary expand when Welker's money is freed up. If the money can work out then go for it, but I'm suspect.

                              Kuper seems like a worthwhile value re-sign as depth where he can continue to develop as a center and potentially challenge for a job next camp. I don't see him being offered a starting guarantee due to his health issues, so if he'd take a modest seven figure sum to be the swing OG/OC with a chance to compete I'd be all for retaining him.

                              DRC is a luxury for a team with Harris, Webster, Bolden, and Carter already under control and Champ as the established vet. If he'll take a reasonable number to stick around that'd be great but I'm betting he'll want more money than the Broncos should spend on a guy who might end up the #4 corner (if Harris and Webster leapfrog him, which seems a distinct possibility).

                              If we learned anything yesterday it is that you can NEVER have too much depth on DEF. You lose a few guys and Romo looks like Manning (until game is on the line ). DRC, if he can keep playing at a high level, is a HUGE re-sign for us. Champ at another year older and having lost a step with a massive contract is still a big question mark. I'm high on Kayvon and obviously Harris who we must, absolutely, positively keep on this team.

                              I don't think Carter or especially Bolden are worthy of wearing a Bronco uniform. I would love to see other options there.

                              Put DRC after Moreno on your order of retains and otherwise I agree with everything you said.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by schaaf View Post
                                IMO it goes

                                Woodyard

                                Chris Harris

                                Decker

                                DRC

                                Ayers

                                Beadles

                                Tony Carter

                                I didn't include ERFA simply because I think the team will not let go of Nacho and Holliday Road
                                Duke and Holliday Road will both be back, they are huge contributors and as ERFA they are really cheap.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X