Week 5 Podcast Questions. Broncos vs. 'boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 5 Podcast Questions. Broncos vs. 'boys

What a great game! I like the blowout wins better, but good to know we can dig deep a little and pull out a win.

Offense:
    1.) Lets give Moreno some love. I have to admit that for the majority of his career here I haven't been a fan, but since those 6 games last year and the games this year he's played well and he's played tough. In particular that 1st down he made pushing the pile the last 4 yard! But he does one annoying thing. After a few plays he asks to get a blow. Is his condihtioning poor or the pace just that fast?

Defense:
    1.) There has been a lot of talk about "not needing Von" around here. I think this game exposed what a dire need we have for pass-rush. But you guys think that we make a mid-season trade for another pass-rusher anyway?

Has this games exposed our man-to-man coverage or this game was an anomaly?

Comment

top 6 in the NFL in sacks.

if anything this game showed we need to stop playing soft coverages with no safeties over the top against top talent WRs and TEs

today was more scheme based than it was player based IMO but some of the players did have their worst game in coverage aside from Webster and Trev, not the greatest gameplan but they probably didn't think Dallas would go deep as much as they did.

We had good pressure we got 4 sacks I think today was just an anomaly. Von and maybe Champ will be back soon that alone will help.

I can't see many other teams out there that can pull off a shoot out on our schedule outside of maybe the Colts & Chargers but even the Chargers are inconsistent.
      Last edited by KevinJames; 10-06-2013, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinJames View Post
        top 6 in the NFL in sacks.

if anything this game showed we need to stop playing soft coverages with no safeties over the top against top talent WRs and TEs

today was more scheme based than it was player based IMO but some of the players did have their worst game in coverage aside from Webster and Trev, not the greatest gameplan but they probably didn't think Dallas would go deep as much as they did.

We had good pressure we got 4 sacks I think today was just an anomaly. Von and maybe Champ will be back soon that alone will help.

I can't see many other teams out there that can pull off a shoot out on our schedule outside of maybe the Colts & Chargers but even the Chargers are inconsistent.
        Some stats are miss leading. I'm sure a lot of those sacks came with large leads. I'm of the belief that you can't have enough good pass rushers. It was a blow when Doom left. I personally think that the Broncos need to sift through a team fire sale a pick up a pass rusher.

Comment

Any more topics?

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
            Has this games exposed our man-to-man coverage or this game was an anomaly?
            as bad as the coverage was, I think the pass rush was even worse.

what do you guys think has happened to Wolfe? He was never really an edge rusher, but he was a force rushing from the interior. I don't recall seeing the same impact from him yet. Losing 2 edge rushers hurts, but is it simply not seeing as many favorable matchups with Von and Dumervil out of the lineup?

bonus question, at what point does the staff begin thinking of moving Webster past Carter on the old depth chart? Carter's inability to make a tackle extended a lot of plays yesterday.
            Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 10-07-2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
              Any more topics?
              I remember at the beginning of the season when people were thinking we were insane for keeping 11 BD on the roster. You guys think with all our injuries to the DB core we pick up another DB or activate Jammer?

Comment

Did you guys see that run play just before the go ahead field goal. Peyton spoke at the press conference about how he wanted Moreno to get the first down without scoring so Peyton could run out the clock. Do you guys think that Peyton had no faith that the defense could close out the game vs. the cowboys?
                Last edited by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun; 10-08-2013, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
                  Some stats are miss leading. I'm sure a lot of those sacks came with large leads. I'm of the belief that you can't have enough good pass rushers. It was a blow when Doom left. I personally think that the Broncos need to sift through a team fire sale a pick up a pass rusher.
                  Disagree. Phillips is doing fine and Von will be back. You are essentially emulating what we had last year. Except ayers is more of a threat. Plus, with the return of Von, I believe Wolfe will get more pressure from the inside. Who in this hypothetical fire sale are you gonna get that's much better?

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                    Disagree. Phillips is doing fine and Von will be back. You are essentially emulating what we had last year. Except ayers is more of a threat. Plus, with the return of Von, I believe Wolfe will get more pressure from the inside. Who in this hypothetical fire sale are you gonna get that's much better?
                    That might be true for this year. But Phillips is sign only to this year and if Von gets caught one more time its a year suspension. I thinking about the next man up.

Comment

Moreno probably has to take more rests then normal because he uses so much energy trying to get up from under the pile so fast.........hahaha.

Comment

3rd week in a row I am asking this question. Please! One of you film study guys!

The running game is much improved, and imho this is not a trivial issue. Is there indications that part of the reason is that Alex Gibbs zone blocking starting to pay dividends? Or am I all wet?

Comment

Our game next week against Jacksonville is as close to a sure thing as has ever been seen in the NFL (according to Vegas, at least). How many of the following players can we rest next week and still be reasonably assured of a victory?

1) Wesley Woodyard (neck)
                          2) Danny Trevathan (knee)
                          3) Champ Bailey (ankle)
                          4) Robert Ayers (shoulder)
                          5) Chris Harris Jr. (concussion)
                          6) Ronnie Hillman (ankle)
                          7) Chris Kuper (old age)
                          8) Eric Decker (has appeared on injury report for ankle injury the last two weeks)
                          9) Duke Ihenacho (had an ankle injury in week 2, hasn't been the same since)
                          10) Paris Lenon (questionable with a thigh injury last week)

Personally, I say that if we give all 10 the week off, we still beat the Jags by 10....

Comment

Over/ Under how much time Brosweiler plays on Sunday?

Comment

i missed week 4 podcast...did it disappear?

I would like to hear thoughts on what you would buy Peyton for Christmas...dude has everything so your ideas better be good.

Also, is Gene Kravitz wearing a #27 jersey yet?

Serious Question: Is John Fox credited for this success - if so, how much. Is he the DB coach for the long haul?
                              Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 10-08-2013, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X