Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christian McCaffery...OMG Christian McCaffery...the next Reggie Bush, literally

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Christian McCaffery...OMG Christian McCaffery...the next Reggie Bush, literally

    You want to take this guy in the first round? Really now.

    He is, and always will be, at his very best a James White, Shane Vareen type of player -- a third down back if you will. Why waste a 1st round pick on that? Or even a second round pick?

    Tell me the last running weighing 202 freaking pounds or less that went in the first round? Tell me. Reggie Bush perhaps? How did his career turn out?

    There is no way in hell McCaffery is going in the first round. Is he a good player? He is alright, sort of like Danny Woodhead alright. I could see him catching 50 passes a year, being a solid kick returner and racking up 400 yards on the ground per year. But if any of you think he can ever, ever, ever be an everydown back you are out of your mind.

    I don't understand the facisnation with this guy. Small frame, one of the weakest rbs in the draft, not particularly fast...hmm what could it be? Riggins went the way of the coo coo bird. Hasn't happened since.

  • #2
    I love the kid. But, I think it would be a terrible pick for the Broncos.

    Comment


    • #3
      Won't happen anyways

      Comment


      • #4
        He would have been a complete waste with Kubiak but I'm more excited about him now that we have Mike McCoy, but I'd rather grab a tight end or o-lineman.

        Comment


        • #5
          You just mad he is white and Stanford educated.

          Comment


          • #6
            8 seasons (last 2 didn't really play), over 8,000 receiving and rushing yards (didn't even count the return yards) 54 TDs. Great weapon for NO when they WON the Superbowl?

            Yeah, who would want that....

            Racist Gonzo gonna racist.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GonzoLays View Post
              You want to take this guy in the first round? Really now.

              He is, and always will be, at his very best a James White, Shane Vareen type of player -- a third down back if you will. Why waste a 1st round pick on that? Or even a second round pick?

              Tell me the last running weighing 202 freaking pounds or less that went in the first round? Tell me. Reggie Bush perhaps? How did his career turn out?

              There is no way in hell McCaffery is going in the first round. Is he a good player? He is alright, sort of like Danny Woodhead alright. I could see him catching 50 passes a year, being a solid kick returner and racking up 400 yards on the ground per year. But if any of you think he can ever, ever, ever be an everydown back you are out of your mind.
              I think you are blind to the trends in the NFL. RBs that can do many different things such as split out wide or run the ball out of the backfield. He will not be a bellcow back. That part you are right about. But, he will be a guy that can give you 100-150 carries for 400-500 yards, 75 catches for another 750 yards and 5-8 TDs as a specialty back. Why don't you go take a look at guys like Woodhead, Dion Lewis, and Sproles and what they have done as the 2nd back with 70+ catches.

              Keep in mind, McCaffrey has 4.5 speed, arguably the best hands in the draft and the most sudden/shifty movement of any position player. He is freakishly gifted with vision, patience and the ability to start and stop with sudden explosiveness. Add to that the character. There is minimal to no risk that he would come in and be a character concern... chances are he would be a future leader.

              It just dawned on me that you probably are not able to see all of the intangible things a player can bring and I just wasted 5 minutes answering someone that isn't reasonable. DOH!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                You just mad he is white and Stanford educated.
                THIS!!! I was going to say the same thing. Gonzo is a Penis!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GonzoLays View Post
                  He is, and always will be, at his very best a James White, Shane Vareen type of player -- a third down back if you will. Why waste a 1st round pick on that? Or even a second round pick?
                  White's SB stats:

                  14 receptions for 110 yards and a TD
                  6 rushes for 29 yards and two TDs, including both the game-tying touchdown with under a minute left in regulation and the game-winner in overtime

                  it would truly suck to have a guy that can perform on the biggest stage, under immense pressure, like that.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                    White's SB stats:

                    14 receptions for 110 yards and a TD
                    6 rushes for 29 yards and two TDs, including both the game-tying touchdown with under a minute left in regulation and the game-winner in overtime

                    it would truly suck to have a guy that can perform on the biggest stage, under immense pressure, like that.
                    Yeah but those guys the Pats have are guys who are purely gameplan/matchup guys have 5/6 elite games out of 16.

                    You're happy with that for a 4th round pick like White but for a 1st rounder in McCaffrey you'd want much more, you need him to be a complete back who's getting 20 touches a game.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Garbage from the OP

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I totally get that McCaffrey has a multiple skill set. But in the first round?

                        I don't know - guys like CJ Prosise/Kenneth Dixon have a similar skill set and those types of guys are available every year in the draft. I'd much rather go pass rusher/CB in the first round or best available OL.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          He's white. That's why he seems more impressive than he is. Plain and simple.

                          He should have developed himself as a WR. He could have been a Welker type on steroids.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Broncoman13 View Post
                            I think you are blind to the trends in the NFL. RBs that can do many different things such as split out wide or run the ball out of the backfield. He will not be a bellcow back. That part you are right about. But, he will be a guy that can give you 100-150 carries for 400-500 yards, 75 catches for another 750 yards and 5-8 TDs as a specialty back. Why don't you go take a look at guys like Woodhead, Dion Lewis, and Sproles and what they have done as the 2nd back with 70+ catches.

                            Keep in mind, McCaffrey has 4.5 speed, arguably the best hands in the draft and the most sudden/shifty movement of any position player. He is freakishly gifted with vision, patience and the ability to start and stop with sudden explosiveness. Add to that the character. There is minimal to no risk that he would come in and be a character concern... chances are he would be a future leader.

                            It just dawned on me that you probably are not able to see all of the intangible things a player can bring and I just wasted 5 minutes answering someone that isn't reasonable. DOH!
                            So you want to take a specialist in the first round? You are out of your mind my old, crusty friend.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Did he at least get to bang a kardashian? Maybe katelyn...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X