Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently MJD is on the block

link:

Per CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, some NFL general managers believe Maurice Jones-Drew "could be moved by the trade deadline."
    The trade deadline is October 29. Jones-Drew could become more attractive if his production improves, but we still would be shocked if the Jags could get anything more than a very late-round pick. MJD has a ton of wear on his tires, is now 28 1/2 years old, and has appeared heavier and slower than usual this season. He also has a guaranteed, $4.95 million base salary. Oct 6 - 10:49 AM
    Salary is a little high, but I've got to think that he's got some tread left on the tires. He's not yet 30, and isn't far removed from some great seasons. He is a hell of a blocker and active running routes. He's pretty much sucked this year, but who doesn't suck for Jacksonville?

I wonder how enamored Fox is with the Broncos RB's. Neither of the guys he drafted has grabbed that ring; Moreno seems to be the guy by default and Fox has never really shown a liking for what he brings.

For a low pick - 7th rounder - worth it for a one year rental?

He'd break off 2k in our system, amirite?

No. Rock, scissors, paper beats broken down Jag.

Comment

Hell no
      The Denver running game is just fine

Comment

Broken. Pass.

Comment

too many moneys

Comment

No thanks

Comment

I would actually love it if we do this. Watch him in a system where he can take a break and only carry maybe 15 times a game, and isn't even the focus of the offense. Watch his pep in his step when he goes from the worst team in the league to the best. When he has a shot to get a ring. For a decent price, I would totally do this.

Comment

When the Jags traded Monroe, they converted most of his salary to bonus and paid it. BAL is only on the hook for the pro-rated league minimum this year.

If we could get Jax do to that, no reason not to pull the trigger, IMO.

Comment

hell yes, 7th rounder, do it, place CJ on PSQ

Comment

It is no longer 2009-11. No thanks.

Comment

Super Bowl window.....gotta consider it. Suppose Moreno goes down? Then what? We're pinning our Lombardi hopes on friggin Hillman and Ball?

Comment

Some of you need to go and review what you wrote in the thread where Manning was going to be available. Those comments read very similar to this thread.

Strangely, many of you are the first to complain when we take a developmental prospect in the draft and argue we should be drafting for impact now. Then these circumstances come up and you all poke holes in it. I think Jones-Drew here would make this offense even more unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsCheer View Post
                          Hell no
                          The Denver running game is just fine
                          ^This

This current Broncos team is 10-1 with Moreno as it's starting RB including the playoffs....and everyone wants to get rid of the guy or replace him with someone else.

He's evidently a perfect fit for a Peyton Manning led offense.....but feel free to keep kissing all those other frogs.

Comment

Frog?! MJD? Naw.

Comment

If he was cheap I would be down. Don't see this happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X