Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD30
    replied
    Josh seems to be a competent evaluator of talent, horrible leader, and good o co-ordinator. I love d Thomas am ok with ayers and Moreno and Tebow is a good kid. A ton of reaches but hey without josh we have cutler and no manning. God may be a bronco fan
    Last edited by TD30; 10-06-2013, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Durango
    replied
    Originally posted by errand View Post
    How soon people forget.....

Josh was evidently in over his head as a czar kind of coach.....but he got rid of many malcontents too, tried to infuse youth and speed onto the roster, cleaned up the cap hell Mike left us with and acquired our two starting WR's (Decker, Thomas) our starting RB (Moreno) G (Beadles) P (Colquitt) and DE (Ayers) and ST (Bruton)...and everyone one of them is a huge contributor to our current team's dominance.

Yeah, the Broncos didn't win a lot of games during his tenure....but to act like he was a total failure who contributed nothing to the team is just plain ignorance on people's part.
    McDaniels was completely out of his depth at HC, but you're right, he did add some solid talent and I couldn't stand the little Napoleon so much, I still have a hard time admitting that.

Leave a comment:

• SoCalBronco
    replied
    Nice choice there old man

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    I hated the Tebow pick, but Timmy saved us from Kyle Orton and created some real magic that season, culminating in one of my favorite playoff games of all times for my Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• fontaine
    replied

Josh was evidently in over his head as a czar kind of coach.....but he got rid of many malcontents too, tried to infuse youth and speed onto the roster, cleaned up the cap hell Mike left us with and acquired our two starting WR's (Decker, Thomas) our starting RB (Moreno) G (Beadles) P (Colquitt) and DE (Ayers) and ST (Bruton)...and everyone one of them is a huge contributor to our current team's dominance.

Yeah, the Broncos didn't win a lot of games during his tenure....but to act like he was a total failure who contributed nothing to the team is just plain ignorance on people's part.
    That's all you got? Josh had 8 drafts picks in the first two rounds in two years. Even a blind monkey with a clipboard would hit on a few players.

Tebow.

McDaniels wasn't just a total failure, he was a scumbag who brought in and then failed to disclose a fellow cheating scumbag Scarnecchia and tarnished the reputation of this franchise.

Tebow.

Not to mention how teams like the Raiders and chargers were putting up franchise record points against a Josh McDaniels Defense that was lucky to field 11 guys on the field consistently.

Tebow.

And in the process picking up every other turd that fell off the Pats roster.

Oh yeah, and Tebow.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosfanGuy
    replied

Josh was evidently in over his head as a czar kind of coach.....but he got rid of many malcontents too, tried to infuse youth and speed onto the roster
    never seen Matt Cassel described that way before

Leave a comment:

• errand
    replied
    Originally posted by maven View Post
    Colquitt was brought in after Berger allegedly sucked at punting in one game. Thanks Josh.

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoDarin
    replied
    Berger played for the Denver Broncos in 2009. “I actually had played quite well with Denver. I had one bad game, I remember playing for Josh McDaniels and he blamed the entire game on me.”
    Had to look it up because I remember him costing us a game.

Let's check the game log....

First drive score 0-0
    3 & out
    Mitch Berger punts 32 yards

Eagles drive on the nice short field given by Berger's shank, but the D bails him out with a fumble recovery at our own 32

3 & out again
    Mitch comes in and booms it..... 28 yards

Eagles drive on the nice short field for a TD 7-0

3 & out (man I don't miss the Kyle Orton era)
    Mitch finally gets a decent punt off - 45 yards (we were backed up to the 15, so it still gave the Eagles good position at their 40

Good enough for them to get a FG 10-0

Side note - weird to read this line "David Akers kicks off 62 yards, returned by Correll Buckhalter for 22 yards (tackle by Joe Mays)"

Broncos go for a TD to get back into it 10-7
    Eagles get a quick stike TD 17-7
    Broncos 3 & Out (urge to kill, rising, rising)

Mitch punts for 46 yards

Long drive, Eagles score a FG 20-7
    Broncos 2 & out (end of half)

Champ with the Int to start the 2nd half! We're back in business!!
    short drive in fits and starts for a FG 20-10

Long drive aided by a baloney PI call on Champ for 41 yards, Eagles TD 27-10

Broncos fight back with some tough yards by Buckhalter, but Kyle Orton Orton's it to Asante Samuel.
    Eagles 3 & out at their own goalline we get the ball back at the 25
    4 plays later it's 27-17
    Fumble on the KO!
    2 plays and another TD 27-24 and the Broncos are back in it again!

3 and out for the Eagles on the following drive. We're in decent field position again, but of course Orton sacked, throws for a 2 yard loss and then incomplete.

Mitch Berger with a 32 yard punt (fair caught on the 20).

Teams trade 3 & outs

Mitch Berger with a 26 yard punt (fair caught on the 19).

3 and out Eagles, Broncos tie it up at 27 a piece.

Eagles are able to gain some yards to swap field position their punter drops a 40 yard punt from midfield to be fair caught at the Broncos 9

Broncos offense 3 and out (expletive you Kyle Orton)

Okay Mitch, it's crunch time, we need a good one here - Mitch Berger punts 35 yards returned 10 yards by DeSean Jackson to the Denver 42. ****, thanks Mitch.

Eagles get the game winning FG with 7 seconds on the clock.

So we lost 30-27 - 7 punts for 244 yards - less than 35 per punt. With several shanks at crucial times. No Mitch, you didn't single handedly cost us the game (coughKYLE ORTONcough), but you did help us lose it.

Anyone else read this like a Tebow game where we get turnovers and bounces except Orton is playing and we Orton the game (prior to drafting Tebow, but it shows that Tebow > Orton, still)?

Leave a comment:

• go_broncos
    replied
    Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
    Part of this can be true (Yes, sometimes No_Broncos finds that nut) but some of the McD crap was happening behind closed walls and no way you can know what was going on unless someone wanted to leak it out.

I do not believe that McD didn't want to win or hardly cared. I think he wanted to win so bad but his ego wouldn't let him blame himself for any losses. Berger points it out with his own example.
    EGO is one of the main reason coaches fail in professional sports.
    Look at Shanny, Mcd and Greg Schiano.
    I know Mcd is going to fail when he started making moves.

John Fox is going to succeed and win SB when he trusts his QB.

Leave a comment:

• McDman
    replied
    Originally posted by fontaine View Post
    It's not Mitch Berger's fault.

Not everyone can aspire to the smart, tough, and professional manner of Ben McDaniels who clearly was such a diamond in the rough that he was hired as the QB Coach without any prior NFL or significant college ball experience.

But seriously, I wish nothing but the worst for McDaniels.
    Haha! He is the worst.

Leave a comment:

• fontaine
    replied
    It's not Mitch Berger's fault.

Not everyone can aspire to the smart, tough, and professional manner of Ben McDaniels who clearly was such a diamond in the rough that he was hired as the QB Coach without any prior NFL or significant college ball experience.

But seriously, I wish nothing but the worst for McDaniels.

Leave a comment:

• canadianbroncosfan
    replied
    I love Berger, see on TSN all the time. That coupled with the fact that I grew up not to far from his home town of Kamloops and that he's a Canadian that played for the Broncos.

That being said, he's a loud mouth and a bit of a hot head. He played on ten different NFL teams, that has to speak to both his ability on and off the field.

Leave a comment:

• bowtown
    replied
    Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
    Part of this can be true (Yes, sometimes No_Broncos finds that nut) but some of the McD crap was happening behind closed walls and no way you can know what was going on unless someone wanted to leak it out.

I do not believe that McD didn't want to win or hardly cared. I think he wanted to win so bad but his ego wouldn't let him blame himself for any losses. Berger points it out with his own example.
    I also think Belichick gave him some bad advice on how to be a good head coach. McDaniels tenure here reminds me a lot of BBs stint in Cleveland.

Leave a comment:

• broncocalijohn
    replied
    Originally posted by go_broncos View Post
    Yet.every move Mcd made was blindly supported by posters here.
    few posters who were against him at that time were told that they are not true fans.
    Some posters even changed their user name to add "Mcd".

He screwed the franchise within no time. I never thought that we will be able to recover from that disaster.

Elway is doing good things. I believe broncos will win SB this year.

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    Originally posted by go_broncos View Post
    Yet.every move Mcd made was blindly supported by posters here.
    Every move? This is false.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X