Possible ways Dallas could upset us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible ways Dallas could upset us

I was trying to think of a way Dallas could pull the upset. Everyone in both cities seems to think this is going to be a blowout. I've been underestimating the team all year. I figured there has to be a way Dallas could win or at least make this competitive.

Here's what I decided.
    1. They can run the ball. Let's say Travathan is held out. You shuffle some pieces but in this case I could see if they could run the ball more it meant more long drives for the Cowboys.
    2. Witten gets lOOse. If they can throw to the middle of the field, it will make adjusting to defend the Cowboys run more difficult.
    3. Romo gets protection. If the Broncos can't pressure Romo and he's allowed to pass, he can hurt us. He's been much better this year and is protecting the football.
    4. Demarcus Ware wins. If Ware is allowed to get past Clark and cause enough pressure situations, it will slow the offense down and give the Cowboys life.
    5. Manning has a bad day. Unlikely in the dome, but every player is off a bit. If this is one of those games, we could see a much closer affair.

The fact that everyone is so overconfident alone has me a bit nervous, but we'd need to see a lot of areas fail for the Cowboys to beat us. Basically it would involve total negligence on the coaching staff for many of these things to happen.
    Last edited by Kaylore; 10-04-2013, 02:37 PM.

Im not too worried about Witten. Ware and no pass rush are a little concerning, but I think Clark will hold up well. And this is the only game of the year we're wearing the all blue uni's. Normally not the superstitious type, but I'm getting a bad vibe from those things....

Comment

Originally posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
      Im not too worried about Witten. Ware and no pass rush are a little concerning, but I think Clark will hold up well. And this is the only game of the year we're wearing the all blue uni's. Normally not the superstitious type, but I'm getting a bad vibe from those things....
      See it's the opposite for me. We usually play well in the all blues.

Comment

Don't be so dramatic. Bet the broncos, laying the points and take the over, and pay the rent/mortgage Monday.

Comment

Love the handle/avatar.

Whereabouts in Highlands Ranch are you? I'm west, near Ken Caryl valley... but I work in Lone Tree.

Comment

Zombie Lee Harvey Oswald could snipe Manning.

Comment

More of them could move to Colorado, that **** upsets me daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
                Love the handle/avatar.

Whereabouts in Highlands Ranch are you? I'm west, near Ken Caryl valley... but I work in Lone Tree.
                Thanks! I just KNEW I had to use that as the name/avatar combo as soon as I saw it lol

I originally lived off of Broadway when I first moved here from Louisiana. Moved to MI for college for awhile, and now I'm in the Sante Fe/Towncenter area

Comment

The run game and PA over the top to Dez worry me.

Offensively we cant be stopped (other than by ourselves in this one)

Ware will get a sack or 2, consistent pressure will be the thing we have to stop if Clark cant handle Ware we will have to help him out for the day.

Comment

Im sure its been said before, but your avy and handle fuggin kill me everytime I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
                      Im sure its been said before, but your avy and handle fuggin kill me everytime I see it.
                      I figured it would get a few laughs

EDIT: Mr. Perna deserves all the credit of course
                      Last edited by ShiftyEyedWaterboy; 10-04-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                        1. They can run the ball. Let's say Travathan is held out. You shuffle some pieces but in this case I could see if they could run the ball more it meant more long drives for the Cowboys.
                        2. Witten gets lose. If they can throw to the middle of the field, it will make adjusting to defend the Cowboys run more difficult.
                        3. Romo gets protection. If the Broncos can't pressure Romo and he's allowed to pass, he can hurt us. He's been much better this year and is protecting the football.
                        4. Demarcus Ware wins. If Ware is allowed to get past Clark and cause enough pressure situations, it will slow the offense down and give the Cowboys life.
                        5. Manning has a bad day. Unlikely in the dome, but every player is off a bit. If this is one of those games, we could see a much closer affair.
                        Good list, well done. We'll probably see a little of all of this except maybe #5. Romo is the least sacked, and highest rated, QB we've faced, and also has the fewest INT, so maybe #3 is the biggest "risk". But, we should still win comfortably!

Comment

I don't see how we lose this one. As much as the Cowboys talk about not being intimidated just proves how intimidated they are. They are expecting to get their asses kicked, and they will.

Comment

I've been particularly worried about Ware vs. Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshyamama View Post
                              I've been particularly worried about Ware vs. Clark.
                              Yup, tough test for him this week. Hopefully Ware isn't nearly 100% with his back issues...

Comment

Working...
                              X