So, who will be the next Mark Sanchez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, who will be the next Mark Sanchez

As in, which starting quarterback with a promising start to his career will be pre-maturely over-hyped and over exposed before he inevitably regresses into comic failure.

You remember how much the media was pimping Mark Sanchez after his first year. He was the centerpiece of the DirecTv Sunday ticket adverts for the next year. I still remember ESPN branding him "the Sanchize" which has become more laughable with each year.

So, the mass media needs its next sacrifice. Who do you think is the top prospect? Poll to follow.

Russell Wilson: Media loves the story of the scrappy underdog that no one believed in. But how much of his success is on him and how much of it is do to the superior defense and run game he plays with? Sounds familiar, huh.

Colin Kaepernick: Another guy in the right situation. But once again, the media appears to be rushing to crown him before he has even started a full season. He's already had a couple of bad games this year. Is he just working out the kinks?

Robert Griffin III: I freaking love RGIII. I just think he has one of the most likable personalities in sports today. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who felt this way. The media fell over themselves to sign him to every endorsement possible and make him the face of the NFL. He's not playing well this year, but a lot of that is due to bad circumstances. Can he turn it around?

Andrew Luck: Yeah, I got nothing on this one. He's probably going to be next Peyton Manning. Kind of sucks that Indy gets to move on to him.
    Russel Wilson
    2.04%
    Colin Kaepernick
    32.65%
    Rober Griffin III
    18.37%
    Andrew Luck
    0.00%
    No One will Ever match fail that is Buttfumble
    46.94%

The poll is expired.

I don't see how those options are even close to the same here. Even with his flaws I would take RG3 over Sanchez 100 times out of 100.

Comment

I would take all these guys over Sanchez but I believe a Copernicus is going to be mediocre over the long run
      Too much hype for not much work.

Comment

Kaepernick has a brutal "second act". People are now going to expect him to take the 49ers deep into the playoffs, year after year. Heavy is the head that wears the crown...

Comment

None of them are as bad as Sanchez. Kap is probably the worst out of the group. I'd throw in Cam Newton into it as well (except he doesn't win).

Comment

I think all of those QBs will be fine in their career. Sanchez did well for the Jets the first 2 years and then stunk up the joint. I hate NY teams but I liked Sanchez at SC. Hope he finds his game. If not, Leinhart might be ready to hang them up and party.

Also, loser for not making this a public poll.

Comment

I can can see all of them regressing with the exception of Luck maybe. Maybe not to the point Sanchez is at, but regressing nonetheless.

Comment

Probably Russell Wilson out of that group. He's managed so carefully by the Seahawks and he barely passes the ball compared to other QBs. He's a game manager with pocket escapability. Yet, he's supposed to be a great franchise QB prospect. Don't see it.

However, if we're trying to compare over-hyped QBs to the career arc of Mark Sanchez, I would go with Sam Bradford and Andy Dalton. Both were massively over-hyped due to some early success and both clearly suck.

Comment

Robert Griffin III because I feel that he's not coachable, more than anything.

Comment

Kapernick is already on his way

Comment

A lot of the "running" quarterbacks that everyone was going gaga over last year are getting a huge wake up call this year.

Comment

I don't think any of these guys because Sanchez never really had a good season. He was the product of a run first offense with two good rbs and a lights out defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
                          I don't think any of these guys because Sanchez never really had a good season. He was the product of a run first offense with two good rbs and a lights out defense.
                          This is true however that doesn't mean he wasn't over-hyped. I still remember him being crowned the next Namath for taking the Jets to two straight AFC Championships.

If anyone I see very much Russell Wilson falling into this category. Do I think he's as bad a QB as Sanchez, no. But I think he gets over-hyped and like Sanchez gets a lot of credit for having a lights out D and strong running game.

Comment

Dalton or Tannehill

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                              However, if we're trying to compare over-hyped QBs to the career arc of Mark Sanchez, I would go with Sam Bradford and Andy Dalton. Both were massively over-hyped due to some early success and both clearly suck.
                              actually this

bradford is an extremely overrated bum who is finally coming up on the tail end of getting excuses for his poor career. this was supposed to be THE year where the team was molded for his success, and that offense is just a hot dumpster fire.

also weeden is terrible, so much so he's not even really in the conversation with these other guys.
                              Last edited by lolcopter; 10-05-2013, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X