Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos' Special Teams

Pro Football Focus rules.

Sep 29, 2013; Denver, CO, USA; Denver Broncos linebacker Steven Johnson (53) holds up the football while next to tight end Jacob Tamme (84) after returning
    a blocked punt for a touchdown against the Philadelphia Eagles in the fourth quarter at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Mandatory Credit: Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports

Without even considering Holliday's returns Broncos' special teams grade out as best in NFL.

The grades go even further than overall team unit, and the Broncos actually also had two players grade out in the top five overall in the NFL on special teams over the first four weeks of the season.

David Bruton and Steven Johnson, two defensive backups and special teams aces earned top five grades from PFF in September. Bruton actually graded out as their top overall special teams player (non KR/PR) in the NFL for September.

Great article give it a read. http://predominantlyorange.com/2013/...m_medium=email
    Last edited by Guess Who; 10-04-2013, 08:07 AM.

Another undrafted steal in Steven Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
      Another undrafted steal in Steven Johnson.
      I'm glad he made the team again this year. Thought with our depth he could have been a camp casualty.

Comment

Seriously, Bruton is on Steve Tasker level.

Watch any given special teams' play, and #30 will be in the mix. Whether it's blocking a kick, throwing a key block on a return or downing the returner/ball after we kick.

I don't know how the team views his future at safety, but I love the fact they rewarded his play on ST this offseason.

Comment

Apparently the Cowboys' punter sucks so Holliday should get some chances.

Chris Jones has graded as our second-worst punter thus far at -3.2 and is allowing 57.9% of his punts to be returned, the fourth-highest rate in the league. If Dallas can’t limit Holliday’s return touches, he and the rest of his “special” teammates could be the difference in the game.
          https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...owboys-week-5/

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
            Apparently the Cowboys' punter sucks so Holliday should get some chances.

... https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...owboys-week-5/

Comment

God we're loaded. It's almost unfair to the rest of the league.

Comment

I can remember the days jumping for joy seeing a 10 yd punt return. I love watching this group score TD's.

Comment

Originally posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
                  Seriously, Bruton is on Steve Tasker level.

Watch any given special teams' play, and #30 will be in the mix. Whether it's blocking a kick, throwing a key block on a return or downing the returner/ball after we kick.

I don't know how the team views his future at safety, but I love the fact they rewarded his play on ST this offseason.
                  Your right, it is hard to standout on special teams. I mean your running down on kicks, your blocking for Holliday yet almost everything great that has happened on special teams Bruton was right there leading the way.

I am also encouraged that Johnson was rated the top 5 special teamer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                    It was an impressive block, scoop and score, that's for sure.

Here's for more of that. In the playoffs.
                    This year is realy just about the playoffs. This regular season means little to nothing.

Stay healthy and kick ass in the playoffs

Comment

Thanks for posting the article. I think we all already knew we were the best in the NFL at special teams but it's cool to see it none the less.

We have awesome coaching there. Not only X's and O's but getting these guys to care about it so passionately, it really shows on the field.

Comment

Holliday Rooo ooo ooo oad

Holliday Rooo oo oo ooo ooad

Comment

Member at the beginning of the preseason when we watched in horror as our Special Teams looked completely inept and sufficiently dangerous to our own team Yeah....you member.

Thank goodness it was preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by FISH View Post
                            Member at the beginning of the preseason when we watched in horror as our Special Teams looked completely inept and sufficiently dangerous to our own team Yeah....you member.

Thank goodness it was preseason.
                            It's almost like half the board totally overreacted and went off the deep end based on totally meaningless scrimmages meant to work specific formations and plays and test/prepare/compare players. Weird, right?

I'm sure everyone will remember and learn from this mistake next year.
                            Last edited by bowtown; 10-04-2013, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
                              It's almost like half the board totally overreacted and went off the deep end based on totally meaningless scrimmages meant to work specific formations and plays and test/prepare/compare players. Weird, right?

I'm sure everyone will remember and learn from this mistake next year.
                              And not only that, but during the next draft everyone will give Elway and the FO the benefit of the doubt. There will be no meltdowns, and all will wait for at least one season to judge a player.

Comment

Working...
                              X