How the Broncos D has thrived w/o Von

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the Broncos D has thrived w/o Von

Good write up. Grantland haters: move on, nothing to see here...

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...thout-its-star

I agree with the article but Grantland for the most part is a waste of space. Mainly because of Bill Simmons.

Comment

I thought it was a good read. Not a mention of simmons, bill or richard

Comment

Thought it was a good read and helps fans understand some of the interior lineman's job is to disrupt an offensive play and others get the tackle/sack.

Comment

I love you

Comment

Originally posted by dictionary View Post
            I agree with the article but Grantland for the most part is a waste of space. Mainly because of Bill Simmons.

Comment

Speaking of defense, here's another great read, but this one about opposing defenses and how PM is creating such problems for them. Some really good quotes. Maybe since not from Grantland people will read? Or admit to reading? lol

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-logic/2919271

"He knows where to go with the ball," Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs says. "That's it. When the quarterback knows what you're in, and he knows where to go with the ball, pass rush can't help you."
              Clark didn't allow a pressure against Philadelphia and says the frustration of Eagles pass rushers was obvious.

"You see the desperation," Clark says, "just trying to get there."

Polian still roots for Manning. "I worry a little bit about Ryan Clady not being there," he says. "It's really important that the left tackle keep him clean to operate the whole offense."

Comment

I'm not surprised our D is playing so well given guys like Malik Jackson, Trevathan and Ihenacho have stepped up.

I'm glad people are starting to notice Jackson. I said it a few weeks ago but this kid has really developed this season. He has great violent hands and uses them extremely well in great hand punching to stop OL from latching on.

It's unusual to see a 6'6'' guy in the DL but he uses his frame very well.

Comment

27.5 point favorites next week, holy crap.

Comment

Interesting read. It will be interesting to see what Miller will bring to this defense when he returns. Without Dumervil to bring pressure from the other side will he still be able to get the hurries/sacks at the same pace as last year?

Im pretty sure it is going to be fun... Broncos have been holding their own without the pressure Miller can bring. The secondary has done better than I thought too, even without that pressure.

Its not coming any too soon with the Colts up first after Miller returns. Might be needing some of that pressure...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighJC View Post
                      Interesting read. It will be interesting to see what Miller will bring to this defense when he returns. Without Dumervil to bring pressure from the other side will he still be able to get the hurries/sacks at the same pace as last year?

Im pretty sure it is going to be fun... Broncos have been holding their own without the pressure Miller can bring. The secondary has done better than I thought too, even without that pressure.

Its not coming any too soon with the Colts up first after Miller returns. Might be needing some of that pressure...
                      Well, our front 6 already does a very good job against the run with two LBers.

We use the extra defender around/in the box like Ihenacho, Harris or lastly Irving. So naturally Von will replace those guys and do his work at the line of scrimmage closer to the QB to apply direct pressure rather than using those guys to blitz which has been hit and miss.

It's our 2nd/3rd and long front four that's going to be brutal for offenses with Wolfe/Jackson inside, Phillips or Ayers are DE on one side and Von on the other.

Comment

Bottom line is, the Broncos are very strong and disciplined against the run. Our end in Wolf and Ayers aren't great at rushing the passer but they are 2 of the better ends against the run. No doubt about that. Our sacks will pick up once Miller returns. Meanwhile, we'll shut down ground games with 6 and 7 in the box and force the ball in the air.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                            Weren't you the whiner who was complaining last week because you think the Broncos Defense gives up too many yards?

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                              Weren't you the whiner who was complaining last week because you think the Broncos Defense gives up too many yards?
                              That's how some people are trying to portray what I was saying. But, alas, that's not what I was saying. And even if it was, who cares? What's with some of you infantile, insecure people and your grudges? Bring your issues to your shrink and leave me out of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X