No announcement yet.

Combine - how many reps can you put up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combine - how many reps can you put up?

Was messing around at the gym with a fellow Broncos fan the other day and it was chest day and we got to talking football and so we pretended we were at the combine and wanted to see how many times we could do 225 on the bench press. I think that's the weight they use.

I got it up clean 7 times. Not bad for a 44 year old with long arms but I'm working hard on it so maybe this time next year I can do hopefully like 12-15 reps. Amazing how some of those dudes jack that up over 40 times. I think the record was like 50 or something. That's friggen strong.

So if you had a combine tomorrow - what would your number be?

I wonder who the strongest Broncos player in history was. Any guess?

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
      I wonder who the strongest Broncos player in history was. Any guess?
      Brodrick Bunkley had 44 reps. Granted he was only with us for one season.

Comment

I've had plenty of great chest days. None of them involved lifting weights though.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
          Brodrick Bunkley had 44 reps. Granted he was only with us for one season.
          This.

Mark Schlereth was my first guess. He could move a DL if needed.

I remember one Coach saying that Lepsis was the best in the Weightroom later.

Comment

Pretty Confident in 1 rep, maybe 2.

Originally posted by fontaine View Post
            I've had plenty of great chest days. None of them involved lifting weights though.
            Nice!

Comment

I would guess I could get 15, but my long arms might make that a dicey proposition.

I remember marveling about Cutler putting up 30-something.

Comment

When I was in college and weight training every day I was doing sets (3x10) at 235 lbs. heading in to the 2005 combine when my uncle and I decided to see where we fell on the combine #'s. I had 26 reps then. I'd be lucky to do 15 now though, haven't seriously weight trained in five years.

One of the guys I used to lift with regularly did sets at 365 lbs.. My uncle and I had to spot him together. He once threw up 300 lbs. 30 times just screwing around. He only worked out his upper body though so he looked weird as ****. Huge chest, massive arms, tiny little bowling pin legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Drek View Post
                  When I was in college and weight training every day I was doing sets (3x10) at 235 lbs. heading in to the 2005 combine when my uncle and I decided to see where we fell on the combine #'s. I had 26 reps then. I'd be lucky to do 15 now though, haven't seriously weight trained in five years.

One of the guys I used to lift with regularly did sets at 365 lbs.. My uncle and I had to spot him together. He once threw up 300 lbs. 30 times just screwing around. He only worked out his upper body though so he looked weird as ****. Huge chest, massive arms, tiny little bowling pin legs.
                  Pretty impressive. At my peak, I did 21 with help on the 22nd rep. Be lucky to touch 15 now.

Straight bar bench f'd up my shoulder over the years. I've been doing strictly dumbells for the last 5-6 years. I can easily do 10 reps with 110lb dumbells in each hand....but I rarely go higher, even though I could.......goals just aren't the same as they used to be.

Comment

I actually just tried this and I got 2 1/2.

Comment

I can do 4. I'm fat and weak.

Comment

One billion, I can do one billion reps.

Comment

Not even one. But I wear socks with my sandals, do yoga, and play with yeast all day. Not exactly built like a brick ship house.

Comment

Originally posted by Drek View Post

Wow that is really impressive! In my undergrad I used to bench press at least once a week at around the 225, but I could never start off at 235. I had to do that on the last set. Now I may be able to get up around 10-12 reps of 225.

Comment

now i can do 7, best ever was 13. good ole days of undergrad...

Comment

Working...
                              X