Cowboys player sick of hearing about Peyton Manning - "not scared of him!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys player sick of hearing about Peyton Manning - "not scared of him!"

This makes me smile, a little. Let's face it. Most everyone who cares about football (outside of the Broncos, and their fans) is probably sick of hearing about Peyton Manning. I remember hearing similar stuff about one John Elway from the Packers and their fans, prior to SBXXXII. If Peyton continues playing like he has, it will only get worse (better!) - much, much worse (BETTER!)!

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...denver-broncos

IRVING, Texas -- All due respect to Peyton Manning, but some Dallas Cowboys defenders would rather not participate in all the raving about the Denver Broncos quarterback's record-setting pace.

Manning leads the league in every major passing category entering Sunday's game at AT&T Stadium, having thrown for 1,470 yards and 16 touchdowns without an interception during Denver's 4-0 start. Those numbers, along with Manning's 138.0 passer rating, project to shatter NFL records for a season.

Naturally, Manning's spectacular start has provided ample fodder for media questioning in the Cowboys' locker room this week.

"I'm sick of hearing about Peyton Manning this and that and that," said linebacker Ernie Sims, who expects to replace struggling starter Bruce Carter in the lineup Sunday. "We've got to go out and do what we've got to do. You hear it all the time. Guys walk in the locker room: 'Peyton Manning threw for four touchdowns, this and that.' I'm just sick of it. (More at link)

DeMarcus Ware isn't talking to the media this week, because "all y'all want to do is talk about Peyton Manning."

So, for the Cowboys lookalike thread, here's DeMarcus Ware:

That talk from Ernie sims is about the same as if Paris Lenon was trash talking romo.. I thought that bust was already selling nikes at footlocker.

Comment

Peyton is already in their head and he hasn't thrown a football yet. Unreal.

Comment

Hopefully they aren't sick enough to take mannings knee out. Ware worries me that he's gonna put extra strength into hitting manning

Comment

Jealous sounds to me.

Comment

Where's BroncosYoda??

"I ain't scared"...

You will be...you will be...

Comment

I love that this guy is too stupid to fear one of the greatest QB's in the history of the NFL who is having one of the best starts in league history.

When he gets out there midway in the 3rd quarter down by 27 he might rethink his position.

Comment

Can't recall a team talking as much before a game, as the Cowboys have

Comment

How cute...

Comment

The cowgirls defense is under a lot of pressure, and it shows. Not only did an "old Gates" and Phyllis Rivers embarrass them, but Eli passed for over 400 yards in week 1, IIRC, and almost won that game even after committing 6 TO's.

The media is all over them, as they should be, so the players have to put on a brave face and act like they will magically fix the huge holes in their defense in just one week.

Trust me on this, Montee Kiffen isn't good enough at this point in his career, nor does he have the players, to out-smart Peyton.

I know this may sound like the same game-plan each week, and maybe it is, but if they avoid TO's, the Broncos should win this game easily; 2 TD's or more.

Comment

Originally posted by rolandftw View Post
                      Can't recall a team talking as much before a game, as the Cowboys have
                      It means the Broncos have them right where they want them.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                        I know this may sound like the same game-plan each week, and maybe it is, but if they avoid TO's, the Broncos should win this game easily; 2 TD's or more.
                        I firmly believe there is no team in the league that can beat us without a minimum of a +2 TO differential. Most teams need a lot more than that though.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post
                          Peyton is already in their head and he hasn't thrown a football yet. Unreal.

Comment

A smart team would just say they are going to have to play their best or even smarter, not say a thing and make sure their play does their talking. But there in lies the problem. They probably know their play can't.

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post
                              A smart team would just say they are going to have to play their best or even smarter, not say a thing and make sure their play does their talking. But there in lies the problem. They probably know their play can't.
                              That's the thing. There is just no reason to even say anything. You don't have to be complimentary. Just respond in the typical NFL cliche-speak.

Comment

Working...
                              X