Does PM break Brady's record of 50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does PM break Brady's record of 50?

We hear sports center saying he's on schedule for 64 but that would be very very hard to sustain, I think we all realize that. But I think 50+ is totally on the table and is there for his taking.

Yes - No
    Yes
    87.95%
    No
    12.05%

i am on board with Simmons' Evil Manning idea.... so yes he inches towards 60

Comment

I don't think he breaks it. Comes in around 45.

Comment

Originally posted by ludo21 View Post
        i am on board with Simmons' Evil Manning idea....
        For those who don't know what you mean...

A Berkeley reader named Preston wonders, "What if Elway found the Evil Manning button? What if Manning wants ALL the records? [Against Baltimore] he was one Decker drop from 8 TD passes. Sixty TD passes in a season, sure. 40+ points a game, sure. 6,000 passing yards, sure." I like the concept of Evil Manning. We'll know it's in play when he grows a Fu Manchu.
        http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-prime-dilemma

Comment

I think he will be close. If he throws 10 TD's over the next 3 games he will only need to average 3 a game the rest of the way. I think 50 is a good O/U number.

Comment

He does. Our schedule is pretty soft.

Comment

If there was an "Evil" Manning he would have finished the Eagles game.

Leave the state whoring to Drew Brees.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                He does. Our schedule is pretty soft.
                It's going to come down the the goal to go situations. If the RB's can pound them in consistently they will poach a few TD's. The first DT TD last week was a run play that Manning just threw to DT. A lot of variables too. If Denver gets up quick on Jacksonville and start with a couple running TD's I could see them running the clock and Manning only getting 1 TD or so. I sure hope he gets it and he easily could in my opinion though.

Comment

16-50= 34. 4-16=12. 34/12=2.833 TD's. Manning need to average 3 TD over the next 12 games to break the record.

Comment

I say he will but, honestly prefer him resting his arm a bit when he can to be ready for playoffs.

Comment

I think he'll break it, but not by much. 52 or 53 maybe.

Comment

3 TDs a game is not easily obtainable for anyone. Yes, it is possible but
                        will require our O to sustain a very high level all season.

If he throws 5 or 6 against Jax that eases it a bit, but the run game may poach too many. And face it, a healthy run game that is also scoring is what the team needs come playoff time, and I'm sure that PM would rather have that, than a record, if the choice is one or the other.

Our run game seems to be picking up some the last few games and I think that there will be an effort to balance the offense out some more as the year goes on.

He still could hit that level , but my guess is that the team is looking at the REAL objective ....win the Super Bowl! If they can bring the run game along and still get the record they will, but that is a big if.

My guess is he will get around 45 pass TDs ( about 2.5 a game over the last 12) , unless the run game continues to be mediocre.

Comment

He only plays 3 quarters per game and therefore will miss out on it. He should clear 50 but I am playing the "He will finally start letting Twilight get some reps" and we are killing our competition.

Not included in the OP is he is at 16 in 4 games. He had 7 in one game and probably won't get over 4 for the rest of the season. If he averages 3 TDs a week, he will get there by 2 TDs. Will he play much last game if we are not undefeated and do not need the game for 1st round playoff bye/home field advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
                            I say he will but, honestly prefer him resting his arm a bit when he can to be ready for playoffs.
                            BTW, is this even a thing? I'm not a doctor, so i dont know if football arm fatigue is a thing like baseball, but throwing a football is a much more natural motion than throwing a baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                              BTW, is this even a thing? I'm not a doctor, so i dont know if football arm fatigue is a thing like baseball, but throwing a football is a much more natural motion than throwing a baseball.
                              No idea really either. I wondered if any rest is better then none. I'm talking 4th qtr rest in a blowout type thing only

Comment

Working...
                              X