1st down, 2nd down, 1st down right?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st down, 2nd down, 1st down right?!!

I remember hearing Manning mic'd up last season and we all know how he likes to say right after almost everything. Well he was on the sidelines barking at his offense and I remember him talking about offensive execution and he said

1st down, 2nd down, 1st down right - meaning he didn't want to even get into a 3rd down situation.

It's confirmed, heard it on TV on sports center and then on Inside the NFL last night. The Broncos had 4 TD drives this past game with no 3rd downs. 3 of those drives were back to back to back and over 80 yards.

This really does deserve it's own thread. That is offensive execution at it's best.

I've been trying to find that video clip of Manning saying that. If anybody can find it, post it up, because it's fitting of this thread.

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
    I remember hearing Manning mic'd up last season and we all know how he likes to say right after almost everything. Well he was on the sidelines barking at his offense and I remember him talking about offensive execution and he said

1st down, 2nd down, 1st down right - meaning he didn't want to even get into a 3rd down situation.

It's confirmed, heard it on TV on sports center and then on Inside the NFL last night. The Broncos had 4 TD drives this past game with no 3rd downs. 3 of those drives were back to back to back and over 80 yards.

This really does deserve it's own thread. That is offensive execution at it's best.

I've been trying to find that video clip of Manning saying that. If anybody can find it, post it up, because it's fitting of this thread.
    Those drives killed the Eagles, the defenders were just walking around. You could tell they had no idea what to do and suddenly and brutally realized that they just couldn't stop it. I imagine that is what an off-piste skier feels like the second before the avalanche hits, you know you are going for a ride and you hope your head ends up in the sun when it is all done because that is all you can do.

Comment

Surgeons tend to be like that. They wanna carve up their patients with precision.

Comment

This really does deserve it's own thread.
        Someone's insecure.

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
          Someone's insecure.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestat View Post
            Surgeons tend to be like that. They wanna carve up their patients with precision.
            Pretty easy and descent Halloween costume you got there...

Peyton Jersey with a surgical mask.

Comment

That 1st down, 2nd down, 1st down thing goes right along with his 75% completion rate which is roughly 6 points higher than his previous high. Factor in that he also has something like 10% drops and Peyton is completely lights out.

Given that percentage of drops, you can see how the offense feels like they still have room to improve.

Comment

This really does deserve it's own thread.
                This really does already have its own thread.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112324

Comment

Heard it! I'm sorry, I don't remember which interview it was with Peyton but he said it again. First down, second down, first down! Looking at the link above, I had forgotten just how bad we smoked Philly in that second half. Here's the thing, you take away Tennessee's long kickoff return you have almost the same score.

The way Peyton was throwing the ball yesterday, if that game is in 50 degree weather we may have scored 70.

Comment

Originally posted by SportinOne View Post
                    Heard it! I'm sorry, I don't remember which interview it was with Peyton but he said it again. First down, second down, first down! Looking at the link above, I had forgotten just how bad we smoked Philly in that second half. Here's the thing, you take away Tennessee's long kickoff return you have almost the same score.

The way Peyton was throwing the ball yesterday, if that game is in 50 degree weather we may have scored 70.
                    We did actually score 62. the zebras took away 11 of them.

Comment

It was noticeable how much more zip his passes had and plenty more tighter spirals this game then I've seen from him in quite a long time. I think it's been pointed out by coaches, media and even himself that not throwing on Wed is helping. Not to mention it's giving Brock all those 1st team snaps.

Comment

It was noticeable how much more zip his passes had and plenty more tighter spirals this game then I've seen from him in quite a long time. I think it's been pointed out by coaches, media and even himself that not throwing on Wed is helping. Not to mention it's giving Brock all those 1st team snaps.
                        Healthy ankles help. He needs that leg drive.

Comment

Does this deserve its own thread?

Or it's own thread, as Brock would say?

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                            Healthy ankles help. He needs that leg drive.
                            Well he had healthy ankles at the start of the season and I still think he had more tight spirals last game then I've seen since his comeback. Could be too that the nerves after all this time are coming back. All of it combined probably, rested arm, rested ankle, nerves coming back after time.

Comment

We'll see what he's made of. 59 throws and then a Thursday night game with 3 days of rest in cold weather again...

Comment

Working...
                              X