X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury reports

Denver

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report.html

Obviously we all heard about Trevathan and Decker. Champ is odd. Is this like a bye week injury? I remember a time when I thought he would make the Raider game.

Dallas

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/injury-report.html

Ware tweaked his back but he should be fine. Miles isn't practicing, so hopefully he's not on the field.

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
    Denver

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report.html

Obviously we all heard about Trevathan and Decker. Champ is odd. Is this like a bye week injury? I remember a time when I thought he would make the Raider game.

Dallas

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/injury-report.html

Ware tweaked his back but he should be fine. Miles isn't practicing, so hopefully he's not on the field.
    Why rush Champ if you don't have to? Give him until the bye. If this team was 2-2 it may be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Finkle View Post
      Why rush Champ if you don't have to? Give him until the bye. If this team was 2-2 it may be different.
      Obviously having that luxury is nice, but I am hoping this isn't something that is never going away. I mean is he even getting any better?

Comment

Obviously having that luxury is nice, but I am hoping this isn't something that is never going away. I mean is he even getting any better?
        who knows....I can see why they are handling him with kid gloves though.

Comment

I think its a concern. Happened a long time ago and champ usually heals pretty fast. If it happened at 25 I wouldn't be concerned but i don't see him coming back at the player he was at CB.

Comment

The folks on the radio who have watched him at practice think he looks great. They think the Broncos are simply holding him out for as long as they can to try and keep him fresh for the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by enjolras View Post
              The folks on the radio who have watched him at practice think he looks great. They think the Broncos are simply holding him out for as long as they can to try and keep him fresh for the playoffs.
              If they lose a game does he get activated the following week? It could be to keep him fresh, but then again with his contract so big I expect him to play if he could.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                If they lose a game does he get activated the following week? It could be to keep him fresh, but then again with his contract so big I expect him to play if he could.
                Maybe this is added leverage for a likely re-work request. "You know Champ, you're no spring chicken and you missed half the season last year. Can you help us out a little bit?"

Comment

according to champ, they're completely leaving it up to him. When he feels like he's ready, he'll play.

Comment

Personally I think it's just showing how a lisfranc injury can linger for months.

Comment

If Champ IS healthy this would be a good week to slip him back in.

DRC takes Dez and put Champ on Witten if Trevathan can't go. Champ is a solid tackler and Witten is a good first target for him. Not blazing fast but a really solid TE that is a big weapon for Romo. Basically make Champ the 5th DB with Witten his assignment.

On the other hand he has had limited practice and the secondary is playing as a pretty good unit. But Champ has to get his toes wet sometime. (Jax also would be a good start )

It is nice that we have the depth we have in the secondary, but it also is worrisome that Champ hasn't played yet. The longer he stays out the more likely it is that he won't be at the same level when he does come back.

This year could be his Swan song. If we win the SB it would be good timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                        Personally I think it's just showing how a lisfranc injury can linger for months.
                        that's what I was wondering.

Comment

Why mess with a good thing? It is almost surreal to see the Broncos secondary ballin' out like they are without Champ. My question is, who isn't active on gameday in the secondary upon his return? Bolden is a great special teams player. Webster has proven to be reliable 4th corner in coverage (even if the draft experts said he was over-drafted), far exceeding my expectations. Quentin Jammer may never see the field again. Or maybe Champ comes back and plays safety and the post is completely irrelevant.

#Broncosproblems

Comment

Originally posted by ScottXray View Post
                            The longer he stays out the more likely it is that he won't be at the same level when he does come back.
                            Peyton Manning laughs at such assumptions.

Comment

Maybe they want to bring Champ back when Von comes back. That way there's just one big adjustment.

Comment

Working...
                              X