Shannon Sharpe to be in the booth for Broncos/Jaguars game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannon Sharpe to be in the booth for Broncos/Jaguars game

This should fun, especially if the game gets out of hand....

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/02/nfl-me...chard-deitsch/

"Really like the move by CBS Sports to shift NFL Today analysts Bill Cowher, Boomer Esiason and Shannon Sharpe out of the studio for a one-day game assignment on Oct. 13. Cowher will join Jim Nantz and Phil Simms to call the Steelers at Jets; Esiason will sit in with Kevin Harlan and Solomon Wilcots to call the Bengals at Bills, and Sharpe will be in Denver to join Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts for the Jaguars at Broncos game. “Looking at the slate of regional games during Week 6, with three involving the former teams of our studio analysts, we thought it was the perfect time to have some fun,” said CBS Sports chairman Sean McManus.

Along with getting some free publicity for each of those games and challenging its analysts to expand their skill-sets, CBS creates an opportunity to highlight other studio analysts on its main pregame show. CBS Sports Network analysts Bart Scott and Amy Trask will join James Brown, Dan Marino and Jason LaCanfora that week on The NFL Today."

Good, we'll be able to get an updated version of this:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OxsHXuM6ah0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

well, I suppose this will give people a reason to watch the last three quarters after we get out to a 28-0 lead

Comment

Jesus, Dan Fouts? Ugh.

Comment

I was hoping that Phil Simms would get stuck with Shannon, but Fouts getting him is even better!

It's going to be epic and since it's an away game for the home team here, they can't bump out of it if it's a blowout. Yay me!

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
            But Shannon, much as I love him, is still learning how to talk.
            I like to imagine that Shannon Sharpe is Mushmouth, all grown up.

Comment

I cannot understand what he is saying half the time. Hopefully he'll just go all homer in the booth. That would be fun to watch anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                I like to imagine that Shannon Sharpe is Mushmouth, all grown up.

HAHA. Glad to know I'm not the only one who has this same thought.

Comment

A fudge spattered Andy Reid demonstrates how he wants his special trams players to pursue Trindon Holliday:

Comment

This will definitely be interesting. Shannon is going to make this hilarious.

Comment

He better have his hotline to the National Guard ready.

Comment

It is a really good idea. With almost all of the viewers being Broncos' fans and the Jags getting blown out might as well do a homer call all game long.

Comment

Hopefully, Shannon will throw in a couple of nice remarks about the Chargers, just for Fouts' benefit.

I hate Fouts. One of the biggest homers in broadcasting. Plus, he absolutely despises the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                            It is a really good idea. With almost all of the viewers being Broncos' fans and the Jags getting blown out might as well do a homer call all game long.
                            Although Shannon might feel that way, he is trying to be a professional....so I doubt he goes over the top at all. He might give Fouts some ribbing on the side, during commercials.
                            Pre game and half time he might have some comments though.

Comment

I hope we have the scrolling transcript on the bottom of our tv of what he will be saying. I can't imagine what will come out of his mouth on a huge running play. No way we will be able to understand him if he is doing play by play. Even color commentary after the play is going to be like hearing a foreign language. His excitement + his speech = wtf is he saying?

Comment

Working...
                              X