$600 to go to the game =(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $600 to go to the game =(

Me and my brother live in Dallas, and I looked into getting tickets and everything to go see our team kick some ass.

Well, the cheapest tickets I could find that would be worth sitting in (very top row, close to one of the end zones, so not good at all) were $240 bucks apiece, plus all of stub hubs 'convenience' fees. Throw in $75 for parking and your first round of beers puts you north of $600.

Plus, going to Cowboys Stadium sucks. You end up watching the giant screen because it dominates your view, and the actual game happening below becomes the distraction. It's surreal.

The average fan has been priced out of going to the games. If you don't make it an all-day thing with tailgating, I don't see how it's even worth it to go anymore.

I hear ya man, I'm going but it cost about what you threw out. My seats are a bit better than that, but not much. The only reason I'm going is it's my dad's birthday and I never get to see him. I do plan on an intensive tailgating session though.

Comment

From what I hear that stadium is a pretty worthwhile experience. And at least you're going in a year where history is happening and we're awesome.

Comment

i'm going to dallas this weekend hoping to go to the game as well. i've looked at craiglist and saw some party pass tickets. i'm guessing they're standing room only at the bar overlooking the field? you think you can get tix cheaper scalping right before the start of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by cartel View Post
          i'm going to dallas this weekend hoping to go to the game as well. i've looked at craiglist and saw some party pass tickets. i'm guessing they're standing room only at the bar overlooking the field? you think you can get tix cheaper scalping right before the start of the game?
          Typically scalping before isn't a bad way to go - especially single seat tickets are a good deal.

Comment

yeap, I was going to go as well, but then I saw the price of tickets and there is no way I can justify that. Welcome to the manning effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterhole View Post
              Me and my brother live in Dallas, and I looked into getting tickets and everything to go see our team kick some ass.

Well, the cheapest tickets I could find that would be worth sitting in (very top row, close to one of the end zones, so not good at all) were $240 bucks apiece, plus all of stub hubs 'convenience' fees. Throw in $75 for parking and your first round of beers puts you north of $600.

Plus, going to Cowboys Stadium sucks. You end up watching the giant screen because it dominates your view, and the actual game happening below becomes the distraction. It's surreal.

The average fan has been priced out of going to the games. If you don't make it an all-day thing with tailgating, I don't see how it's even worth it to go anymore.
              I hear ya...moved to dfw on august 17th and was hoping to go. I would thoroughly enjoy meeting up with a group of orangemaners and grilling, drinking, and watching the game... I don't care where we do it but id be all about meeting a group and doing it potluck style

Comment

That goes for you too Rascal! As well as anyone else in the area!

Comment

BTW I live in Grapevine, but I am willing to travel anywhere in the DFW area!

I guess I just think it could be a lot of fun and we could spend money on the food and drink instead of the tickets...

Comment

I paid over $600 a piece for our tickets for the Giants game but I was field level row 3 on the 10 yard line.. personally I won't even go to a game unless I have field level seats, if you are gonna do it ... do it right

Comment

Unless you are going with a child grab two singles. Many cowpie fans will be leaving at half or early 3rd quarter!

My gut says you can find a single for slightly over face value. Hell at the dallas thanksgiving game years ago we slid from the nose bleeds to right behind the Broncos bench. Large group of us.

Comment

If you are in the Dallas area, why not Craigslist? Pick a listing and start negotiating. No way you should be paying $240 + service fees for nosebleed seats. Ask them to text you a picture of the physical tickets first so you know they are legit.

Comment

Yeah dude. At a quick glance. $140 bones. Grab a seat. Have your buddy grab one as close as you can. have fun! http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmas...13?PID=1404462

Grab some beers in the first half and stand somewhere on the concourse in the lower bowl. Nothing more fun than moving around an opposing stadium anyway IMO. Besides you get to see the game from many angles! It's more fun!

With 4,500 seats my gut says singles get cheaper as day gets closer. Keep an eye on inventory #'s of tickets. Ok that's all the meck tips you get!

Get out there Broncos fans!
                          Last edited by Meck77; 10-02-2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

I tried to get the single game tickets when they went on sale but they were gone in less then 5 min. I really wanted to go but the $ is a little much. That and I am going to Jerra's World the night before to see ND play.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              From what I hear that stadium is a pretty worthwhile experience. And at least you're going in a year where history is happening and we're awesome.
                              The stadium is amazing and worth seeing.

Comment

Working...
                              X