Osweiler vs. Freeman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osweiler vs. Freeman

With all the Josh Freeman news it got me thinking... Would you do a straight up trade of Brock Osweiler for Josh Freeman?

Osweiler looks dominant in practice but still looks rough while actually playing in the game. I don't think I would do the trade but I'm interested in opinions
    Brock "live life to it's fullest" Osweiler
    97.22%
    Josh Freeman
    2.78%

I think we all know the dude is not our QBOTF. He's a bench filler at best and we'll have to invest a high first rounder in 2 years to get our long-term solution.

Comment

Definately Freeman is talented, but I don't know what the behind the scenes issue(s) that he's having right now. Would be more concerned if it was some kind of entitlement/attitude issue or what.

But it's way too soon to judge Oswelier and certainly he hasn't had any signifcant game time to draw any meaningful conclusions.

As Elway has proved with Manning, when there is upgradable talent available he isn't afraid to get it. But since Brock is his guy and he's still learning, I don't really see Elway making a play for Freeman.

Comment

Why trade anything for Freeman? He'll be available in 2 weeks anyways.

Edit: Not that I want him. But there's no need to give anything up for him.

Comment

What games are people judging Osweiler on? Preseason games when he is playing with insurance salesmen, or the 3 series a season where he hands the ball off every play?

How on earth can someone say he isn't the QBOTF based on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
            Definately Freeman is talented, but I don't know what the behind the scenes issue(s) that he's having right now. Would be more concerned if it was some kind of entitlement/attitude issue or what.

But it's way too soon to judge Oswelier and certainly he hasn't had any signifcant game time to draw any meaningful conclusions.

As Elway has proved with Manning, when there is upgradable talent available he isn't afraid to get it. But since Brock is his guy and he's still learning, I don't really see Elway making a play for Freeman.
            some key issues like being late to meetings, not showing up for a meeting. and the big kicker,the back up was spending more time watching game film than he was.

Comment

why would anyone want Freeman, hes garbage

Brock still has the possibility of being good

Comment

Originally posted by schaaf View Post
                With all the Josh Freeman news it got me thinking... Would you do a straight up trade of Brock Osweiler for Josh Freeman?

Osweiler looks dominant in practice but still looks rough while actually playing in the game. I don't think I would do the trade but I'm interested in opinions
                Freeman came in and the first two years he was great but he has not improved since then. That leads me to believe that he is either lazy as far as putting in time with the playbook or he is just not smart enough. Rick Mirer was the same way came in and had a great first two season and he just never got any better.

Comment

This has to be one of the worst polls........ Well maybe ever

Comment

I just don't see Elway dumping his hand picked guy for someone else with maturity issues. Also, Manning is the glue here. There are maybe 2-3 other franchise QB's that's could step in and run Manning's role - and those guys are playing for the Patriots, Saints, and Packers.

It's a good question, but if we are looking at QB's not named Manning, it should be looking for the next stud in the draft. Also - why dump Dysert so soon? That kid might be better than Freeman right now.

Comment

Freeman and a first round pick for Oz.

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                        I think we all know the dude is not our QBOTF. He's a bench filler at best and we'll have to invest a high first rounder in 2 years to get our long-term solution.
                        We do? We know that after two years of watching him in preseason and nothing more?

Interesting.

I was pretty sure young players with raw skills could grow and become something better, but maybe I was wrong on that. He must just be "bench filler" and my crystal ball is broken.

Comment

The correct answer is yes we do. No his skills will not development he just does not pass the eye test. You either have it or you tebowdon't.

Comment

Why do some of you hang off Osweilers nuts? I haven't seen him play enough so I can't judge, but I'm just curious is all.

Comment

Originally posted by rmsanger View Post
                              The correct answer is yes we do. No his skills will not development he just does not pass the eye test. You either have it or you tebowdon't.
                              Was this English?

Comment

Working...
                              X