The Adam Gase appreciation thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Adam Gase appreciation thread...

The guy has all the weapons in the world at his disposal, but you really do have to appreciate what this guy is doing. He's scheming an offense that is just making defenses look silly. I've never seen an offense that scores more easy touchdowns than this one.

I think the most telling thing is how the safeties look by the end of the third quarter. They bite on every fake. They look completely indecisive. They move their wide receivers and tight-ends all over the field and show different looks on nearly every play.

I often felt like Manning was pressing to make McCoy's offense work. This year he's putting Manning in great spots, and Manning (being himself) is making all the right decisions. It's just a thing of beauty, and the coordinator deserves much of the credit.

Fun night to be a Denver Broncos fan, Brothers.

Fun season. 3 weeks in.

Comment

Aint no McCoy, and that's a good thing.

Comment

Gase >>>>> McCoy

It's hard to know how good really is with how much Manning does, but it's clear he's much better than the guy he replaced.

Comment

Offense looks less predictable

Comment

Originally posted by Finger Roll View Post
            Offense looks less predictable
            Night and day.

Comment

Gruden was having fun with all the line-ups tonight.

Comment

Gonna need Gase to keep those D's guessing without Clady.

Comment

Gase is doing a great job, I hated McCoy's run, run, pass last year. This is a good offense and a very complex playbook with a smart qb making adjustments so he may look like a wizard calling plays but he is doing a good job keeping the defense guessing.

Comment

I love the job he's doing. McCoy was an idiot and glad he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by broncobum6162 View Post
                      I love the job he's doing. McCoy was an idiot and glad he's gone.
                      This.

He calls some very unconventional routes...look at Mannings numbers...just downright beast mode right now. If we correct the fumbling of Ball, these all look like blow outs.

Studesville gotta get our backs ready for a game. I have seen flashes from each Moreno and Hillman, but have yet to see a complete game from 2 of the 3 - Hillman and Ball.
                      Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 09-24-2013, 05:37 AM.

Comment

I really like how the running game has improved each week. Gotta make the defenses pay when they put 3 safeties deep.

Comment

I think they have installed a nasty system of formations, matchups, and looks and just simply played the Raiders defense like a piano last night. What is so different about it, than the offense they ran last year is the multiple looks out of multiple personnel packages.

It used to be keep your best 11 on the field versus their 11 and run no huddle to keep them from substituting. They wanted to out execute and wear down other defenses. Now, they kind of keep that concept but sub a lot more and run multiple formations, motions, and personnel to keep the subs from getting comfortable in the defensive play calls and making the Mike have to guess and try to audible to much more limited defensive calls.

This is an evolution of the old INDY offense Moore ran with a much more up to date Matchup beater offense that Mike McCarthy and Sean Payton have developed the last 5 years. And, it is going to be extremely scary to opposing defensive coordinators going forward because you can not scheme against it at all like you could before.

The PHI offense has already been schemed against, the Chiefs solved it pretty well with a cover one man free aggressive style and hit Vick as often as possible. The big problem they had was giving up rushing yards with that style. I think DEN can tweak that up front like they did against OAK and stop a lot of those rushing yards while adjusting the coverages to play the WR's from PHI.

This DEN offense that played last night, that can have route combinations changed once Peyton reads pre-snap and on the fly is going to make play calling and game planning go out the window versus our offense since it can be adapted very quickly based on what limited defensive packages teams choose to try and play this offense.

Comment

Agree. However this empty backfield crap needs to cease immediately. Our whole season could end on one play if 18 gets hurt with no protection back there and a questionable LT.

Otherwise--love what he's doing.

Comment

Have the Jaguars named him their head coach for next year yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X